CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

welp, since hamy will prob be swimming with the fishes soon, i volunteer as tribute to be the liquid 4th 

Will veto results be announced for the public ahead of time? Never understood why they weren't known until match time. @@Timo @@Vivi

Not sure on the exact form they'll be released (sadly I don't do graphics).

• Upvote (+1) 1

You'd fit right in with E6's logo team!

E6 bashing is still cool right?

E6 bashing will never get old. As long as Cratos is there, CUS I said so.....

I hope someone sees what I did there...

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

E6 bashing will never get old. As long as Cratos is there, CUS I said so.....

I hope someone sees what I did there...

image.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 9

been trying to come up with a top 4 for finals. Can't do it. I just can not imagine some of these great teams being left out..

would love to see top 8 again. need some upsets and miracle runs man.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good to know the E6 owner knows how to use the Yellow pages and google. You don't need to be a private investigator to find out information about someones family. Honestly it is just a strange comment, but not a surprising one coming from a gaming org, considering other stories we have heard.   :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 1

would love to see top 8 again. need some upsets and miracle runs man.

I fully expect them to change this for the next season (assuming there will be another). I think they could've changed it for the fall, but they probably didn't want to make such a big change to the format after one split.

For the record I completely agree.

Good to know the E6 owner knows how to use the Yellow pages and google. You don't need to be a private investigator to find out information about someones family. Honestly it is just a strange comment, but not a surprising one coming from a gaming org, considering other stories we have heard.   :intensifies:

WRBGSC2.jpg?1

• Upvote (+1) 3

It was a Cratos not knowing how to spell joke. I have failed you.

lol dont worry i saw what you did there. I was making fun of how obvious you made it, then saying you hope someone sees what you did. :bman:

lol dont worry i saw what you did there. I was making fun of how obvious you made it, then saying you hope someone sees what you did. :bman:

My life is a living hell. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hey everyone in this discussion. My name is Oscar and I' ve been lurking on this forum for quite some time. I‘ ve been an EG fan since the beginning of MCC and follow the scene closely although it being a bit difficult living in the Netherlands with the pro league matches being played late at night/early in the morning

First I want to give some major props to the people who create content and get a positive vibe around Halo.

But back to business, I write my first post because I signed up for this Halo Fantasy league. I looked around for a bit but apparently you have to sign up for leagues or get in touch with people to play with. Are there people here that play in the Fantasy league that I can play with and can explain to me how it works it’s all a bit new to me.

Thanks in advance!

Hey man! You do have to make an account, but once you do you can join any league that is open (doesn't have a little lock symbol next to the league name). You can also feel free to create your own league and have other people join. I saw a Team Beyond - titled league up, and I'll be posting my own open league tomorrow. You can join more than one if you'd like! For more about how everything works, a new introductory article just got posted on the site: http://fantasyhcs.com/news/viewarticle.php?articleid=37

Are last season's fantasy HCS scores available somewhere?

Season 2 Hype! Can't wait to watch some HCS again!

• Upvote (+1) 3

Re: the whole "Slayer has too many weapons" thing.

Personally I think that reducing the weapons is a band-aid fix to the gametype just not being very good. Admittedly there aren't exactly a lot of alternatives to pick from in H5, but deaths being directly tied to scoring (especially on maps without camo) makes breaking a setup very costly in terms of score deficit if it goes even slightly wrong.

Royal 2's playstyle in that game he uploaded is exactly why I take issue with Slayer being played in tournaments. No other team based FPS uses a deathmatch variant in competition for good reason - it actively skews the risk/reward balance of most plays made from a trailing position towards being riskier because if it goes wrong your opposition doesn't just earn a few seconds to further improve their positional advantage, but also widens the score gap. With Objectives even if you're ahead you have to keep pushing to get further ahead and momentum can go back and forth much more fluidly.

You just need a properly designed game which promotes aggressiveness and constant map movement. Halo 5 in its current state is not that game. Hate to sound like a broken record but Halo: CE is. Mainly because the fast spawning, powerful powerups act as quasi objectives. Halo 5 could implement that idea with no huge amount of effort from 343 btw.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1