CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hey guys can officially say i will be attending UGC St Louis Halo 5 25k as a part of the casting/hosting team. Thanks to the super dedicated people who always popped in my streams and gave me feedback. With that i know i have what it takes to bring the hype and knowledge to the viewers.

#GiveMeSomeFin!

thanks yall.

Proud of ya man. Do us proud.

• Upvote (+1) 4

no it didn't

Super weird.  When I first clicked it, it said that parts were muted because of whatever reason and it didn't have audio on the whole video.  Now it does.

Thanks!

Oh I understand the rules, I just fail to see the significance of having a roster lock deadline when any team can just drop a player and play with a "sub" until a transfer period permits them to make a legitimate team change.   

Well this is just for the first few weeks of pro league. A team wouldn't be able to do this after week 4 unless the player just said ok ill retire. The real roster lock is the in-season change.

@@W0uld has the magical ability to be the most trolled/hated/beloved person on this forum all at once.

Thank you for existing, sir, and congrats on the new job opportunity.

Opinions, people don't like them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I apologize for any misunderstanding. I was not suggesting that one Org would not have to buy out the contract of a player from another Org if that player's contract allowed such a transaction to occur, and that player was under contract. That should most definitely happen. However, when language similar to what I have bolded above is used, it really scares me. How is it a conspiracy to approach a player about teaming when their contract is up? If the player's contract is up, the Org in which they have been playing under is able to submit a new contract to the player, just like any other Org is able to. Are you saying it is not fair for Player 1 to approach Player 2 while he is under contract with a different Org? 

You raise the question that Orgs should be rewarded for the return on their investment into players, "...[W]hy shouldn't the people that paid their way for the last X months get something out of it?" Quite simply because they did not actually do the thing that brings income to the player/Org. They did not play the game. Why should the people that paid their way the last X months get something out of it? If the player is talented, s/he will either have multiple Orgs approaching, or find other means to attend events/play in the online pro-league. The player does not owe the Org for completing stipulations in a contract. That is what the contract is there for in the first place. If your Org feels as if the return on investment from players is not enough, stipulate that the player must get other avenues of income (streaming/youtube/etc...) with a percentage of that income going to the Org. Other than that, the idea that the Org should be rewarded for completing the stipulations in it's own contract is silly. 

Pretty much the fair and civilized way is that all parties would be at least aware of others involvement. Is this player wanting to leave? What are the reasons? Is there an opportunity for a counter offer? If people are organizing behind each others backs it's essentially a double negative insofar as you're losing an asset and this is happening unknowingly so you can't do any damage control. What usually happens is players are approached before their contract expires to re-sign so that they have the opportunity to at least be a part of the conversation. If players / orgs have been meddling (i.e. more than simply the proposition of 'I think we'd be good together, maybe we should explore our options') outside of official channels then there is no reason for them to have for instance scouted talent that could replace said player. 

We're going to have to disagree about the amount of credit or 'reward' an Org deserves for players values. To me whether it be providing facilities (LAN houses, arranging bootcamps), removing financial burdens (we've seen the difference $3k to $1.5k obviously makes to players decision making), facilitating the will of the players (roster moves, sorting disputes) or helping the players brand (Optic Juice?) it all contributes to increasing the value of the player. Orgs are there to grow and cultivate talent and to me when they do this successfully, or with a stroke of luck, they deserve to be compensated for it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Doing a player focused report. Which pros use automatics more than precision weapons? Which pro sees puckett rockets occur way to much?

Damage per Second is my favorite stat.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Doing a player focused report. Which pros use automatics more than precision weapons? Which pro sees puckett rockets occur way to much?

jNUkARl.png

7mI2wlP.png

Would love to see breakdowns of different weapon groups per team... e.g. which player uses BR the highest % of time out of precisions. Guessing Frosty would be at the top of that one. Loving the stuff you're doing with Data hive!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Listening to this dadbite clip....He is by far the most intelligent pro, has the best head on his shoulders, and is easily the most down to earth. Mad props to him.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Aiming is SO MUCH SMOOTHER on the PC version. It feels like I'm going from 60fps (PC) to 30fps (xbone) reticule-wise. I don't understand it.

Listening to this dadbite clip....He is by far the most intelligent pro, has the best head on his shoulders, and is easily the most down to earth. Mad props to him.

EDIT: work computer is dumb, cant @ people or quote posts. yall know i love u <3 :fire: :fire: :weback:

@Pxthology  That might be the nicest thing anyone on here has said to me. Thanks man.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Snakebite is the man. Also pistola always impresses me with his perspective and positivity. Dude just radiates kindness.

• Upvote (+1) 6

EDIT: work computer is dumb, cant @ people or quote posts. yall know i love u <3 :fire: :fire: :weback:

@Pxthology  That might be the nicest thing anyone on here has said to me. Thanks man.

You're welcome.  Glad you enjoyed my awkward compliment  :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Snakebite is the man. Also pistola always impresses me with his perspective and positivity. Dude just radiates kindness.

Ninja may disagree.   :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 9

Would love to see breakdowns of different weapon groups per team... e.g. which player uses BR the highest % of time out of precisions. Guessing Frosty would be at the top of that one. Loving the stuff you're doing with Data hive!

Frosty and Lethul are at the top of that category for CLG, but VictoryX is probably #1 in the league.  Rayne is up there as well.

Pretty much the fair and civilized way is that all parties would be at least aware of others involvement. Is this player wanting to leave? What are the reasons? Is there an opportunity for a counter offer? If people are organizing behind each others backs it's essentially a double negative insofar as you're losing an asset and this is happening unknowingly so you can't do any damage control. What usually happens is players are approached before their contract expires to re-sign so that they have the opportunity to at least be a part of the conversation. If players / orgs have been meddling (i.e. more than simply the proposition of 'I think we'd be good together, maybe we should explore our options') outside of official channels then there is no reason for them to have for instance scouted talent that could replace said player. 

We're going to have to disagree about the amount of credit or 'reward' an Org deserves for players values. To me whether it be providing facilities (LAN houses, arranging bootcamps), removing financial burdens (we've seen the difference $3k to $1.5k obviously makes to players decision making), facilitating the will of the players (roster moves, sorting disputes) or helping the players brand (Optic Juice?) it all contributes to increasing the value of the player. Orgs are there to grow and cultivate talent and to me when they do this successfully, or with a stroke of luck, they deserve to be compensated for it.

This discussion seems as if you and I will have quite a bit to disagree about. In an attempt to not clutter up this forum, would you like to move it to private message or end it? If not, that is fine too.

To respond to the first paragraph, either the league needs to institute rules, or a players' union collective bargaining agreement needs to institute how and when players can talk to other players/Orgs about joining/leaving a different or their current situation.

To respond to your second paragraph. Without the interest in players playing the game, Orgs would not exist. Players are a prerequisite to an Orgs existence. I agree, many Orgs do cultivate talent, help with branding, and help remove financial burdens; however you make it seem as if the player is the only one that sees reward from this... As the value of a player increases, so too does the value of an Org. As Nadeshot got more and more popular, so too did Optic. The player is rewarded on a micro level, while the Org is rewarded on a macro level, as it were. I am not speaking just financially here. I will unpack that a little bit. The more popular an Org is, the more bargaining power it has with leagues, players, developers, and other Orgs. The more popular a player is, the more interest he draws from Orgs, players, and most importantly, viewers.

I am not saying that Orgs are useless. Orgs obviously and undoubtedly have their uses. I am saying that the players playing the game, and drawing viewers, is what creates the environment for the Orgs to exist. Orgs do not exist for benevolence, just as players do not. I think that is lost on a lot of people. Orgs do the things they do for players to generate their own popularity, and revenue, not out of the kindness of their hearts because they see these poor players struggling... Should it be an equal and fair relationship? ABSOLUTELY. Should the players who create the demand not be allowed to improve their situation and bargain for their best interests? No. But this is all covered by my response to your first paragraph. 

To respond to the first paragraph, either the league needs to institute rules, or a players' union collective bargaining agreement needs to institute how and when players can talk to other players/Orgs about joining/leaving a different or their current situation.

In LoL, where these anti-poaching rules exist, the end date for each player contract is also required to be public knowledge.  Players and Orgs can talk freely to a player after his contract expires and before he has renewed it.  Likewise, players whose contracts have expired are usually free to shop around for better offers.