CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

snip

I'm not defending 343, I'm just stating that the gaming climate has changed quite a bit as have gamers tastes. I think the state of the game at launch was hugely detrimental. It also seems that instead of making a just making a fun game, they tried to make an exciting "eSports Title".

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@CyReN xavi is the coach of fabe not xmen

I thought Xavi was playing in the Qatar league?

• Upvote (+1) 8

Who thinks of these new competitive settings? Its like they just randomly change a bunch of weapons without thinking. Who has approved of these changes? 

I can tell Che Chou is a Hearthstone player.

Just gonna leave this here :^)

That climax though... hope you cleaned up the mess

• Upvote (+1) 3

Who thinks of these new competitive settings? Its like they just randomly change a bunch of weapons without thinking. Who has approved of these changes? 

Because I'm sure che has a part in the settings.

:sleeping:

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I am sure that Che doesn't touch the settings.  I really dont know how they come up with these... 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am sure that Che doesn't touch the settings. I really dont know how they come up with these...

If one of the meme Lords could make the south Park headless chicken roulette hcs settings based I would donate much rep.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Jesus even the event can't afford to fly people out to the event.

I'm sorry =(

• Upvote (+1) 7

I am sure that Che doesn't touch the settings.  I really dont know how they come up with these... 

I imagine its similar to how a board meeting at Snapchat goes. Everyone is doing a line of coke and coming up with the most random  :poop: for filters. 343 does the same thing doing blow just throwing out random weapons to place on maps with no reasoning whatsoever.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I miss the days of Knoxville/Nashville AGL events :kappa:

CqV9BMVWEAAkqCl.jpg

fr tho they were so close to me. I might be going to chatt

Dude Nashville events would be dope as fuck. An hour and a half drive for me.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty sure it's Quinn Delhoyo.

I imagine its similar to how a board meeting at Snapchat goes. Everyone is doing a line of coke and coming up with the most random :poop: for filters. 343 does the same thing doing blow just throwing out random weapons to place on maps with no reasoning whatsoever.

I wish once while they were doing the line of cocaine and brainstorming they would think "hey the grenade launcher would fit well into the H5 sandbox".
  • Upvote (+1) 4

That's always been my assumption. Quinn has always come across as kind of egotistical to me. "I want to try it so it's going in despite what everyone who knows better than me says."

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm sure that Che has nothing to do with settings.

Anyway, are there any free agents left in the industry who know how to make a proper arena shooter?

From the maps, to the proposed settings, it seems like 343i just doesn't "get it". As evidence, they are testing settings to see if people like them, rather than previewing settings that they already know are functionally sound. It just feels like their goal is to learn as they go... As opposed to being experts in the field (which is a better approach than saying fuck it and shitting out a game like H4)

Is Arena design becoming a lost art? Since COD4, it seems like devs are avoiding the sub-genre or fucking up their attempts at it.

Edit: also, seriously why do they have a pro team?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not that this means much but.......

Is quinn actually good at this game?  What's his gamertag?

Not that this means much but.......

Is quinn actually good at this game?  What's his gamertag?

X5oO9jc.png

• Upvote (+1) 2

so no

I was going to say it but thanks for saying it before I did. Have my upvote.

:walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Snip

The general trend in the industry now (COD, Halo, Titanfall, Etc) is take a military style shooter, slap on some "cool" movement abilities to give the illusion of increased speed, and call the game an "Arena Shooter".

But there are very few TRUE arena shooters left.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

-snip-

:mj:

I'm hoping that's not his only gamertag, because I find it a bit discouraging that the lead multiplayer designer of Halo 5 arena has less than 1000 games played of Halo 5 arena.

• Upvote (+1) 3

:mj:

I'm hoping that's not his only gamertag, because I find it a bit discouraging that the lead multiplayer designer of Halo 5 arena has less than 1000 games played of Halo 5 arena.

I imagine he plays a lot internally, both pre-release and post-launch.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I consider anything above a 1.00 to be alright at the game. Being able to kill more than die is always a positive. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The general trend in the industry now (COD, Halo, Titanfall, Etc) is take a military style shooter, slap on some "cool" movement abilities to give the illusion of increased speed, and call the game an "Arena Shooter".

But there are very few TRUE arena shooters left.

Agreed. That's why I'm pumped about the COD 4 remake coming out. Can't take the new ones they keep trying to make more and more futuristic which is only further ruining them in my opinion. So many ridiculous perks and things you can do it's absurd.