CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

imo E6 didn't do anything shady besides offer stellur 2.5k instead of 3k

irl if you leave deals on the table it's not uncommon for the terms to be changed

leverage is important 

stellur should contact an esports lawyer next time

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Bubudubu tried to give 2000 of his energy to Stellar to end things peacefully. If nothing else, fam should respect that.

EnergyStarLogo_orignal_29062643_std.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

irl if you leave deals on the table it's not uncommon for the terms to be changed

leverage is important 

Yeah, biggest takeaway from this: Know what you are signing and actually sign it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

leverage is important

Lol just because you can do it doesn't mean it isn't shady.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

Yeah, biggest takeaway from this: Know what you are signing and actually sign it.

more important: get your shit together

he should have had a contract in hand b4 roster lock

welcome to the real world man, it's cut throat, you really put yourself in a vulnerable position 

• Upvote (+1) 2

How he performs doesn't really matter since Contra/Dev have been a duo forever, so Falcated or Shooter would be ones to be dropped if ALG didn't do well in beginning of pro league. But if Shooter does leave for E6, they really have no choice but to find a fourth and keep Falcated. Sort of like last season where I'm sure they would have liked to drop both Ryan & Goofy, but had to keep one.

Maybe they are the problem?

To clear things up, did the owner of E6 (or whoever is in charge of contracts) actually ever offer 3k? Was a contract ever signed? Sounds to me like Cratos said 3k, then the owner said something different.

@@StelluR If you have proof of any kind from anyone currently of the E6 org offering you the $3k/$2.5k you need to reach out to the Pro League/343 to help mediate the process. I promise this is not an issue they want.

You guys really need a players union.

What triggers me is:  

E6 thought that 2500 a month had to be earned and we haven't accomplished anything as of yet the pro league didn't even start so I guess that triggered them. 

The way this sentenced is phased it makes it seem like even though the initial conversation was through Suspector, both E6 and Stellur knew the number was $2.5K per month and then E6 tried to change the script. 

@@Unreall feel free to repost the dumpster fire gif.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I negged him because of the lack of commas and the way some words started with a capital letter. It was pretty cringy for me, tbh.

All that matters is you understood what he was saying - the very essence of language is to understand. No need to be so sensitive to petty shit written on a Halo forum. 

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 3

To clear things up, did the owner of E6 (or whoever is in charge of contracts) actually ever offer 3k? Was a contract ever signed? Sounds to me like Cratos said 3k, then the owner said something different.

To me it sounds like Cratos told Sus' "join us we get paid loads, 3k a month", he's gone "omg that's amazing but I want to team with Stellur tho", Cratos then said if he can get Stellur he'll drop shooter.

Sus' then went to stellur, "join E6 with me, we'll get paid 3k a month".

Chinese whispers etc

• Upvote (+1) 3

stellur should feel free not to sign what he thinks is a shitty contract, and e6 should feel free to think that team members shouldn't get paid equally for whatever bizarro reason they concoct. 

there's no real governing administrative body for competitive halo (is there?), and no union for players or anything like that, so probably best to get it in writing right away as others have said. 

I think this transfer period will actually have team changes unlike last time. Bee is a solid F/A could see him shaking up a few rosters.

All that matters is you understood what he was saying - the very essence of language is to understand. No, need to be so sensitive to petty shit written on a Halo forum. 

I personally disagree. The way you word your paragraphs and present your opinions/statements is extremely important, specially in a situation like this. Imagine having someone from 343i or the owner of a company trying to explain a serious situation or present a comment with a poor written paragraph; meanwhile, wanting the attention of the readers and their serious opinions. I can't take someone seriously when they have extremely 'petty chit written on a Halo forum.'

That's just me tho, and I have nothing else to say.

On topic, I think there's something going on in the background and I personally think the E6's owner should give his 2 cents. But if I was in that exact same situation, I'd do the exact same thing.

• Upvote (+1) 3

1. Acknowledge YOU NEED TO SIGN CONTRACTS.

NEGOTIATE CONTRACTS.

Sign Contract or leave.

Profit and no drama started? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

1. Acknowledge YOU NEED TO SIGN CONTRACTS.
  2. NEGOTIATE CONTRACTS.
  3. Sign Contract or leave.
  4. Profit and no drama started? 

BRB Getting contract drafted within 5 hours of pro league roster lock

I personally disagree. The way you word your paragraphs and present your opinions/statements is extremely important, specially in a situation like this. Imagine having someone from 343i or the owner of a company trying to explain a serious situation or present a comment with a poor written paragraph; meanwhile, wanting the attention of the readers and their serious opinions. I can't take someone seriously when they have extremely 'petty chit written on a Halo forum.'

That's just me tho, and I have nothing else to say.

On topic, I think there's something going on in the background and I personally think the E6's owner should give his 2 cents. But if I was in that exact same situation, I'd do the exact same thing.

I just think you're too judgemental. Some of my best employees are rough around the edges. Either way, we're steering off topic. 

Every story has 2 sides and I want to read an official statement from E6. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Bubudubu tried to give 2000 of his energy to Stellar to end things peacefully. If nothing else, fam should respect that.

Explains why bubu sounded depressed yesterday. Sucks cause he's a good dude.

Disclaimer: I do not know anything about the circumstances upon which StelluR left Team Liquid, this following post is entirely speculation.  I am also not defending Enigma 6 with this post, just offering further context for what may have happened behind the scenes.

Speaking from an org standpoint, it's possible E6 could've started StelluR and Suspector off at lower salaries than originally talked about after both players were acquired from their respective orgs, if any buyout had to be paid.  It seems logical (although, should have been made clear if it is the case), for a team to make the player "pay off" some or all of their buyout from the previous org by docking their salary temporarily.