CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Beat nV in the Beyond Tourney 3-2 after losing scrims to them 14-0 and 11-3 or something like that.

They've been doing really well in scrims against teams not named nV, though.

We also beat them 13-1 last time we scrimmed them. 

Also last time we scrimmed with new settings was the first E6 hype scrim where we lost 6 games, I'm convinced I'm living in a time loop. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

64f80219e71252e1133714fa2a4a063a.jpg

Beyond Rewind is going next gen  :intensifies:

Looks good, but, it takes up a bit too much of the screen. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So the open circuit going to be streamed alongside pro-league or is it just the finals that will be streamed?

PGL is going to stream the weekly matches.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because every five minutes, "Zeke, do this!" or "Zeke, did you hear about that?" I have to respond because that's how its been for years. It's my last year here I'd like to make it uneventful.

Where there is a will there is a way as they say. Ya gotta let him watch nV matches at least! I mean at least they start at 7:30 now not 9.

Shouldn't of told people your name man, I am sorry :/

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yea new settings are really good lets all just have scatter shots everywhere. Oh and we wanted storm rifles to be used more again, so we put them in better positions. 

lol-baby-falling-o.gif?w=620

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea new settings are really good lets all just have scatter shots everywhere. Oh and we wanted storm rifles to be used more again, so we put them in better positions.

Please bring all settings discussion to the appropriate settings thread.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

We're rwally going to do everything we can to assemble a great team but our budget isnt what I wish it was (when is it ever though). Hopefully we can make these types of things work. We'll definitely be looking for what people want.

Jesus even the event can't afford to fly people out to the event.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

New thread hype!!!

Front page hype!!!!

tumblr_nlo86x4Z3K1qm6n8ao1_500.gif

OPEN FUCKING LAN

Page 1

lol-baby-falling-o.gif?w=620

Jesus even the event can't afford to fly people out to the event.

Page 30

Yeah, we back. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I love the fact that 343 and co are being much more transparent about events, prize pools and the like, particularly in a much more timely fashion than previously. I also love the fact that there are actually going to be open LANs (though there seems to be issues with locations) and that the open circuit will be broadcasted.

However, as an unknown EU AM player and huge spectator of the game and its competitive roots, there are some issues that need to be addressed.

One thing specifically I've seen mentioned in the thread in regards to complaints about open LANs is that they're not hosted by ESL. However, as mentioned in the announcement, ESL will be dealing with the EU side of the pro and open circuit. This same announcement made no mention of any open LANs for EU which obviously means there won't be any.

I feel this is an issue which needs to be addressed, particularly since ESL own a studio directly in the UK which could be used to cater to such an event and lower the overhead costs. This makes further sense in order to grow the EU scene because the EU pro league has less teams, lower prize pools and the open circuit will not be casted (which they could at least cast the legendary cup matches).

One of the reasons that NA has so much more viewership is that the pros are well known which is a result of multiple years of attending LANs and other events which are broadcasted so people become familiar with them, as well as features on their backgrounds which provide a compelling story and drive people to want to support them, this hasn't really been done with the EU and thus very little EU players are known, with those that are known coming from events like insomnia (which have decided to stop doing Halo tournaments) or from the Halo worlds champ tour.

Furthermore, while it has been mentioned (but not necessarily intended for this scenario), in order for an EU player to attend an open LAN, they'd literally have to spend thousands, which just isn't feasible even in the 'spend money to make money' sense.

Thoughts? @@Vivi

These were pretty much my thoughts when seeing the details.  Although im happy that there is an EU pro league, it seems that because the EU scene is smaller for Halo, less effort and money goes into it.  Whilst this is understandable on some levels, its a shame as this doesnt seem conducive to growing the EU halo scene.

I just hope that @@Onset will be casting the Thursday games again as ESL are not doing it.

The only other solution seems to be a crowd funded open LAN?

• Upvote (+1) 1

These were pretty much my thoughts when seeing the details. Although im happy that there is an EU pro league, it seems that because the EU scene is smaller for Halo, less effort and money goes into it. Whilst this is understandable on some levels, its a shame as this doesnt seem conducive to growing the EU halo scene.

I just hope that @@Onset will be casting the Thursday games again as ESL are not doing it.

The only other solution seems to be a crowd funded open LAN?

Can you really do an open lan without developing supported servers?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1