CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I'm happy that we're getting at least one open LAN event this season, but I'm pretty bummed that it's in CA.  I assumed they would have it elsewhere since they've already had the rest of the LAN stuff in CA.

I think they should have 343 tell them where they can pull the largest group of mid-high onyx players for an Open LAN location that woulda been sweet. Well done for actually having open LAN though!

• Upvote (+1) 2

When 343 sees low attendance for their 20k California LAN, they'll see it as proof that only 11% of people wanted Open LANs anyway.

This is a good start, but like, it's just always gotta be something man...they'd see TWICE as many teams in St. Louis, Chicago, Columbus...

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 8

That Vegas LAN looks like a good one to attend. Hmm. They didn't provide venue info did they?

They said that ALL ticketing and event / venue information would be released at the end of September. 

We finally headed in the right direction in terms of communication / transparency.

:intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 2

When 343 sees low attendance for their 20k California LAN, they'll see it as proof that only 11% of people wanted Open LANs anyway.

This is a good start, but like, it's just always gotta be something man...they'd see TWICE as many teams in St. Louis, Chicago, Columbus...

i guarantee you attendance will not be low

also 20k aint bad

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@welld0ne_st3ak, to answer your question no i do not, i'm just only of the only people here actually informed about what MM is

if you nicely ask them what they are about they will fill you in

anyways, does anyone know when the open circuit actually begins?

Thanks Moses.  I'll check them out.

To answer your other question...

PGL is excited to announce the Halo 5: Guardians, Fall 2016 North American HCS Open Circuit! Starting September 17th, 2016, PGL will host a series of open online tournaments and season finals in Las Vegas for $25,000 on November 18th-20th. In addition, the Las Vegas finals will also see a Halo 5 FFA tournament powered by ASTRO Gaming with a prize pool of $5,000.

From the PGL website.

https://www.progamingleague.com/hcs-oc

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wake up from college graduation hangover and we have new pro league info, open lans and EU rostermania. We back?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is the pro league still 8 teams? Was hoping they would increase the team amount.

That would make zero sense with the relegation format from last season.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is the pro league still 8 teams? Was hoping they would increase the team amount. 

With Optic already getting stomped in 8th and still being better than the open teams?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Emma Watson.... so incredibly beautiful. Celebrity crush since forever. 

*shakes head* Sorry, Sorry. Topic, on it. 

Fall Predictions: 

CLG -1st

Some other team 2nd. 

Surprised you actually know her name this time ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm excited for more broadcasts and open LANs, but...

those are some small prize pools, no?

Was hoping for MLG or ESL hosted Open LANS with 50k-100k prize pools.

I just hope the quality of these "3rd" party organizers isn't on par with most of the H2A ones. Those were.. not great.

I don't think the right call is necessarily getting ANY open lans in official capacity unless it's similar to MLG or ESLs.

Probably controversial but, whatever. 

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 7

(tweets)

Clarifying a little further, I hadn't seen the article on Waypoint when I replied.

It's my understanding that both the Esports Arena and the PGL Las Vegas events are open LANs with a separate championship bracket for Pro Teams.  Top Open teams qualify for the Championship bracket and get to play against pros for the prize pool.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So one thing I didn't see answered is why there is an open circuit if season 3 isn't directly after season 2. We will be going into the HWC so are rosters locked from the end of season 2 through that event?

• Upvote (+1) 1