CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It looks like CLG's having a really bad day, I don't find Ex-Liquid to look particularly impressive. Still, beating CLG on their bad day is a big accomplishment, and I'm glad that this underdog team is showing a lot of life.

We're rwally going to do everything we can to assemble a great team but our budget isnt what I wish it was (when is it ever though). Hopefully we can make these types of things work. We'll definitely be looking for what people want.

I mean, it doesn't really cost that much. They'd just need a ticket and hotel rooms, from what I've been told those are entirely reasonably priced, no matter where you're traveling to/from.

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

It looks like CLG's having a really bad day, I don't find Ex-Liquid to look particularly impressive. Still, beating CLG on their bad day is a big accomplishment, and I'm glad that this underdog team is showing a lot of life.

Ex-Liquid has looked like a top3/4 team from what I've seen. Could be honeymoon, but they've been solid.

For those of you who didn't want to wait for the rule set to be published, here is the prize pool breakdown for the Fall Season. 

yDztxP.jpg

Soooooo CLG is going to make $88,000 this season. Nice. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Granted I agree both events being west coast is VERY unfortunate, but idk what else we can complain about. 

Online events = we want open events

Open LAN event = we want to sit home and save money.

When you are not a professional player who gets everything payed for it sucks, but you need to spend money if you want to make it. Other than a few pros who got pretty lucky we all went through it. 

PS: Before I catch problems for this post go look at how many events I went to before really profiting at all. I saved every dime I had, crashed on teammates floors. If you want it bad enough you find a way to make it happen. 

Also now a days an AM team can get some kind of sponsor who will cover something. I remember being a professional player getting top 8 still spending my own money to make to an event. 

Unfortunate is the wrong word.

These are impactful decisions that were made completely incorrectly. There's a lot that goes behind choosing the location to hold an event, and from our POV there is no sense to having all the open LANs on the west coast, away from where Halo is most popular. It's not unfortunate, it's stupid and wasteful.

Well they took 4 gMes from CLG before tonight, beat e6 in scrims , beat liquid yesterday, and beat NV in the beyond tourney. I don't know what more you want from them

Well they took 4 gMes from CLG before tonight, beat e6 in scrims , beat liquid yesterday, and beat NV in the beyond tourney. I don't know what more you want from them

Beat nV in the Beyond Tourney 3-2 after losing scrims to them 14-0 and 11-3 or something like that.

They've been doing really well in scrims against teams not named nV, though.

I'm late to the party, but this is disgusting.  Why do you guys have this ridiculous vendetta against MLG? 

@@Timo @@Vivi

ESL doesn't have anything to do with that.  They're just a competing TO.

Microsoft/343 are responsible for how MLG has been treated throughout the last 3-4 years.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean, it doesn't really cost that much. They'd just need a ticket and hotel rooms, from what I've been told those are entirely reasonably priced, no matter where you're traveling to/from.

:kappa:

They also have caster fee rates. But like I said, we're doing everything we can to make this a great event for the community while trying not to lose money on the event.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Same exact payout as last season

• Upvote (+1) 4

We can't compare era's. Xbox 360 sold 80 million+ and Xbox One has sold 10 million, XB1 is the slowest selling console of this generation, and Halo is an exclusive for it. Plus its a 100% online title. I'm curious to see how Gears does since it has the same restrictions.

Your figures are both entirely false and mix in half truths.

First of all, the Xbox One has sold approximately 20 million units according to most industry analysts and statements by Sony, Microsoft, and large publishers. No idea where your 10 million figure comes from.

Second of all, you're talking about total Xbox 360 sales after 8 years, not the sales during Halo 3's era. By the time Halo 3 released, the Xbox 360 had only sold 13 million units. And the original Xbox only sold 20 million units through its entire life span. So the Xbox one is actually ahead of both of those consoles and Halo was primely positioned for success.

So the consoles sold argument falls entirely flat. The original Halo trilogy was huge despite of its unpopular console holding it down. It had perhaps the highest attach rate of 2001-2007. People bought xboxes to play Halo. And you're right, it normally wouldn't be fair to compare eras because Halo 5 has all of the advantages. Halo 5 has underwhelmed given the ease of access of modern esports compared to past Halo games which relied on LAN events and terrible quality VODs. Halo 1-3 literally built console esports while modern Halo is barely hanging on despite a massive support structure nowadays. Dev support only works when the dev knows how to manage the competitive side of the game and no halo developer has displayed the propensity to do so. Only the community has.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Plus whatever winner of the open LANs gets  :lxthul:

Is this CLG scrim on new settings? If so, take the results with a grain of salt.

I'm late to the party, but this is disgusting. Why do you guys have this ridiculous vendetta against MLG?

@@Timo @Vivi

Literally nothing but respect for Adam and everyone else at MLG. Just saw recently that some former Event Staff are full-time and managed the CoD Open Bracket for MLG and was damn excited to see more Refs from years past involved in events and esports full time. What I know about tournaments and event management I learned from Adam and Anakin and the MLG team. I'm not sure where I suggested otherwise.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Thought I was finally catching up to the old thread. Was getting closer and closer to the last page..... then saw the announcement. I got some work to do

• Upvote (+1) 1

Literally nothing but respect for Adam and everyone else at MLG. Just saw recently that some former Event Staff are full-time and managed the CoD Open Bracket for MLG and was damn excited to see more Refs from years past involved in events and esports full time. What I know about tournaments and event management I learned from Adam and Anakin and the MLG team. I'm not sure where I suggested otherwise.

Don't worry man he's yelling at the wrong guys  ;)

• Upvote (+1) 3