CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I watch Halo because of the history, the storylines, and the players. You're throwing that all away by moving to a completely different platform. People will have better aim on PC but why is that such a big deal? If you want to watch a game because of how good players can aim there's always CSGO.

I think the majority of people here don't want to get rid of Xbox Halo esports. I think people would like Halo PC esports to be an off shoot. Why not bring in NEW storylines, players and viewers? And since when is having better aim NOT important in Halo on Xbox  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 3

high-council-thumbnail-708x398-fc8199cfb

One of the prophets isn't actually there, and Mercy isn't actually in the HCS.   343 truly next level lore.     :kappa:

MCC was telling us about the sustain plan all along!

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yeah I was looking at BF4's lifetime population stats. It looks like in the last few days Xbox has fallen off but historically both PS4 and Xbox had more players. Is Crossfire that popular? I've heard of it before but I imagine MOBAs and RTS are way more popular.

You probably only looked at the last few days though, here's what I looked at: http://battlefieldtracker.com/bf4/population?days=-1 which includes population since April last year(and you can see the big population rise when they started giving out free DLC).

Crossfire is really popular yes, it was the second highest grossing game of 2015 in China(LoL was ofc. the highest). 

So happy for the Halo PC fanbase. They can now play the current Halo game's multiplayer. I say this because my first Halo experience was on PC through Halo CE. And to all the people hating on Halo being on PC.......... just stop. Most fps gamers on console should be grateful of fps on PC because that where it all started.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think the majority of people here don't want to get rid of Xbox Halo esports. I think people would like Halo PC esports to be an off shoot. Why not bring in NEW storylines, players and viewers? And since when is having better aim NOT important in Halo on Xbox  :simms:

Why have two separate versions of the same esport? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Gonna make a decent length post here. 

In my eyes, Halo is going to continue to struggle regardless of the platform until a legitimately solid and good game comes along. Sure, Halo 5 has its strong suits and obviously it is malleable with the level of change that you can make to the settings, but 343 destroys a lot of its potential with the way they handle the game and HCS. Salient comes in to talk about how they are open to settings suggestions. If the pro tweets are any indication, that is clearly not the case.

When MLG controlled the competitive scene they would make adjustments to the core game so it could become more competitive and then playtested the settings through pros and the community. It was legitimate testing too. I saw a few pages back that @TiberiusAudley mentioned that M$ should give 343 some autonomy to design a video game and get out with the focus group bullshit. While I would agree focus group testing is usually useless, if you do it with the right people (aforementioned pro and competitive community playtesting like MLG, in conjunction with a good feedback system and actually implement said feedback) it can help a lot, if the three games 343 has produced are any indication, they should probably never be allowed near Halo again. If they wanted to create their own shooter that was a CoD knockoff that's fine, but why turn Halo into that?

I'm sure it isn't all 343's fault there, I'm sure M$ is at fault too, but 343 is not a good game developer. They make a lot of questionable designs, just for instance we'll talk about the lighting in a lot of the maps. I understand you want to put a lot of great visual touches on your game, but why the hell would you literally blind players looking across a map because of the lighting from the star in the distance? Sure it's fairly realistic, but that makes the game suck to play just because I shouldn't be wearing sunglasses while playing video games out of necessity (my example was based on Orion in my mind, of course it's not HCS but still it's in the game).

The game is built on gimmicks. The movement is filled with gimmicks, ground pound is a gimmick, Spartan Charge is a gimmick, and the maps are created to support the gimmicks. It's sad because the HCS maps are all pretty awful (my opinion obviously), the weapons included in the competitive settings are horrendous and just little things like the FOV are just aggravating.

I digressed a lot there, but it's just been on my mind. I love Halo, always will, but the disappointment over the last 6 years starting with Reach (I know this isn't 343, but still hugely disappointing), compounded with Halo 4 and then MCC and now Halo 5 is hard to swallow.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

i was finally able to download the pc version last night. it looks amazing! havent tried bumping up the res and textures yet.  thrust strafing will take some getting used to

• Upvote (+1) 1

EDIT: Original quote was edited, so this post now contains different words and letters and stuff.

Looking forward to what E4 is going to pull off in the opens. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You had a nice little post here, but that block of text made it a wee bit hard to read. I gussied it up a bit.

Thanks man, I'll make the edit to the original. Appreciate it, and glad you thought it was good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm trying to watch Lunchbox stream from last night. But the video keeps frezing but audio keeps playing, so I don't think it's buffering. Anybody know how to fix this?

I'm trying to watch Lunchbox stream from last night. But the video keeps frezing but audio keeps playing, so I don't think it's buffering. Anybody know how to fix this?

F5?? Dunno, i watched Ninja's POV.  You cold see him roll his eyes a few times last night.

Lunchbox needs a little more flexibility in his opinions.  There is not just one right way to do things, but he seems to think so.  Something he said last night though,

"We just need to play together more.  We need to play together for a couple hours before scrims at least because the first half of the scrims tonight were just awful as we were still warming up"

And im thinking, no shit dude.  that has been a problem for the past 6 months and you are just realizing this now?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Why are people automatically thinking that halo to pc means competitive to pc? This will be great for overall population and it is what should have been done already. Both h2 and ce had a pc side and both were played competitively on xbox. Sure it could possibly switch over, but chances are slim. People should be less worried about that and more exited halo's fan base could grow.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Competitive Halo on Xbox isn't going anywhere. But if the PC fan base gets big enough to support it, I can almost guarantee that PC Halo will get their own competitions/league of sorts, similar to how SMITE did for consoles.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seems obvious but the recon dmr would be so much better on empire

I want it instead of the BR on Regret as well.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Why, I can never understand this thought process.

Halo on PC opens it up to a way bigger audience. Steams will be much higher quality with better resolution. And with better aim of mouse/KB, precision weapons are finally >>>> than autos again.

Dispite some technical issues Summit was having last night (FPS, input lag etc). I throughly enjoyed watching him play Halo 5 on PC. Because gun fight often came down to who had the best pistol shot, not who had storm rifle.

Just because it's opened to a bigger audience doesn't mean that it'll actually capture that bigger audience. I highly doubt we would suddenly be getting CoD-like viewership just because it would be played on PC.

Secondly, I'll be honest, I would care much less about HCS if it was played on KB+M. I enjoy watching my favorite players play Halo at a high level. Just wouldn't be able to muster the ability to care about a bunch of PC players I've never heard of.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1