CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Off topic but Halo 5 on the PC with a controller is the best thing I've ever touched in my entire life.

Can somebody explain me why it's better than the Xbox version? Isn't it locked at 60 fps anyway? What's better about it if you are still playing with a controller?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can somebody explain me why it's better than the Xbox version? Isn't it locked at 60 fps anyway? What's better about it if you are still playing with a controller?

They can't add a bunch of useless algorithms and adjustments or it'd affect the mouse movement too much and cause aiming issues.

You know, like what happened on the Xbox version.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yes, something with my new internet line. Not sure what the problem is, only on Halo I get kicked.

It is so responsive I'm speechless. No crusty heavy aim, absolutely gorgeous.

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn now I'm mad I don't have a PC. Hopefully that means they'll be able to fix it on console soon.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Yes, something with my new internet line. Not sure what the problem is, only on Halo I get kicked.

It actually does feel so good with a controller. I was running around and it almost felt like a totally different game because of how smooth and snappy everything feels compared to the Xbox.

We need to bring back the custom lobbies lol.

Ok Hcs needs to switch to pc build.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If I remember correctly, the pros pushed to have Team Arena become the HCS playlist. Given that a tiny fraction of the people in that playlist care about HCS, it's naive to think that the MP team would ignore feedback from their base in the interest of the pro scene.

Have any of you been to the settings feedback threads on Waypoint? That's the shit we are in contention with. That's the bed we made by pushing for Team Arena... As if anyone would ever hand total control over the only objective mode to a tiny minority of the playerbase.

You all can fight for transparency all you want. All that will do is reaffirm that the MP team is most interested in keeping the base happy (which is the right thing, from a business perspective).

We need to be fighting for our own HCS playlist.

Can you stop with this shit already?

Why do you even support competitive Halo if it's a console game? You're an oxymoron. You claim to support Halo yet trash on it being a console game. You don't even like windows 10!

So you support a game on a platform you don't like and complain about that, and so you are trying to push it to a platform you don't like?

Give it a rest.

No?

I've been a competitive halo fan for over ten years

Sorry the fact that I want to see halo on mouse and keyboard upsets you so greatly

Here's another fact for you: more people on planet earth play FPS with m+kb than they do with a controller, by a wide margin

I want competitive halo to be as popular as possible, therefore I want it on PC, crazy logic I know

I can see your jimmies have clearly been heavily rustled, stop being so emotional

Also FYI I like Windows ten now, thanks for following my Twitter btw

• Upvote (+1) 13
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Here's another fact for you: more people on planet earth play FPS with m+kb than they do with a controller, by a wide margin

Can you really say that for sure? CS and Overwatch are the only popular FPS games on PC. CSGO has been dropping players recently and I don't know how many people play OW.

Battlefield is more popular on console than it is on PC. By a large margin. Both Xbox and PS4 have more players. Call of duty, which has a huge playerbase, is almost exclusively played on console. Console also has Destiny, more R6S players, more Battlefront players, etc. The majority of PC gamers play MOBAs. I'd say FPS is more popular on console.

Moving competitive Halo to M+KB would kill the current competitive community in hopes that we would attract players from the current PC FPS communities. CSGO is an almost entirely different genre so we probably won't attract many people from there and OW is more similar in gameplay but why would they leave a new game with a ton of support and a good future. Halo will also be competing against the new Quake game.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

If halo ever moved to mouse+KB I would never want to watch it anymore.

It's basically saying fuck you to the past 15 years of competitive Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 11
  • Downvote (-1) 9

It's basically saying fuck you to the past 15 years of competitive Halo.

not just that. I like watching games I can play. I don't have a computer and don't plan on getting one. I prefer console over PC and I started out as a PC gamer.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If halo ever moved to mouse+KB I would never want to watch it anymore.

Why, I can never understand this thought process.

Halo on PC opens it up to a way bigger audience. Steams will be much higher quality with better resolution. And with better aim of mouse/KB, precision weapons are finally >>>> than autos again.

Dispite some technical issues Summit was having last night (FPS, input lag etc). I throughly enjoyed watching him play Halo 5 on PC. Because gun fight often came down to who had the best pistol shot, not who had storm rifle.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Battlefield is more popular on console than it is on PC. By a large margin. Both Xbox and PS4 have more players.

I have to chime in here and say that BF4 on PC right this moment has more players than both XBONE & x360 combined... But less than PS4. PC's pop has constantly been around 10k less than PS4 & more often than not, higher on PC than XBONE... Until when EA started giving out free expansions, that's when both PS4 & XBONE saw big population rises(around a 30-42k rise).

Also, I'd be shocked if FPS's are more popular on console, Asia got a big F2P FPS game which I can't recall the name of that lots play, and Russia are the kings of F2P FPS's(Cyka Blyat).

Edit: Crossfire!

• Upvote (+1) 1

In case anyone was wondering, spectator mode/theater was partly fixed in this update. Fast forward isn't broken anymore but reticles are still off.

Sigh.

Halo on PC opens it up to a way bigger audience. Steams will be much higher quality with better resolution. And with better aim of mouse/KB, precision weapons are finally >>>> than autos again.

Dispite some technical issues Summit was having last night (FPS, input lag etc). I throughly enjoyed watching him play Halo 5 on PC. Because gun fight often came down to who had the best pistol shot, not who had storm rifle.

read my second post

Honestly can't believe the pros aren't fighting for radar to be removed.

I'm not being sarcastic either. I'm really surprised and disappointed

Thanks for the response though @@Sal1ent

We had a pro player post that he liked empire strongholds because "you never have to use a long range weapon and anyone can win." Again, those were reasons why he LIKED it.

You obviously have to learn how to play the game at a high level to be pro but that doesn't always come with the best opinions of how to make the game better.

Other examples include players talking about how competitive H4 was or that reach would be better with bloom.

• Upvote (+1) 2

not just that. I like watching games I can play. I don't have a computer and don't plan on getting one. I prefer console over PC and I started out as a PC gamer.

But...you can still play THE SAME GAME on console. The only diff is input. Why should input method affect your viewership enjoyment...that is my only point.

Edit:

The reason people like watching certain eSports they play themselves is familiarity of maps, weapons, gametypes and characters. Not platform or input method.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I watch Halo because of the history, the storylines, and the players. You're throwing that all away by moving to a completely different platform. People will have better aim on PC but why is that such a big deal? If you want to watch a game because of how good players can aim there's always CSGO.

I have to chime in here and say that BF4 on PC right this moment has more players than both XBONE & x360 combined... But less than PS4. PC's pop has constantly been around 10k less than PS4 & more often than not, higher on PC than XBONE... Until when EA started giving out free expansions, that's when both PS4 & XBONE saw big population rises(around a 30-42k rise).

Also, I'd be shocked if FPS's are more popular on console, Asia got a big F2P FPS game which I can't recall the name of that lots play, and Russia are the kings of F2P FPS's(Cyka Blyat).

Edit: Crossfire!

Yeah I was looking at BF4's lifetime population stats. It looks like in the last few days Xbox has fallen off but historically both PS4 and Xbox had more players. Is Crossfire that popular? I've heard of it before but I imagine MOBAs and RTS are way more popular.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

high-council-thumbnail-708x398-fc8199cfb

Still can't get over the fact they have three maps called Truth, Regret and Mercy.

• Upvote (+1) 5