CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

i am 100% certain

name one big time FPS esport that is controller based.... you can't because it doesn't exist

the majority of competitive FPSers in the world don't take halo seriously because it's played with controllers 

and can you blame them? the game literally aims for you

I really don't get it, why are you here if that's what you really think about console FPS?

I understand that KB+M is more precise than a controller but that doesn't mean everybody should play on KB+M. I've played on PC all my life and I actually genuinely prefer to use a controller for games, it just feels better to me. I understand that I sacrifice some accuracy by using a controller but I am okay with that because it is simply more intuitive for me.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Didn't liquid scrim CLG tonight? What was the score of that?

on going currently 8-3 clg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone else feel like 343 is really just sick of it's own community. I know we have some bad apples, all big communities do, but some of the recent decisions/actions are appalling. Never did I think I would pray for 2008 to come back into my life. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Jesus why is everything so cloak and dagger with them? Its halo esports, not nuclear secrets. Just tell us what the goddamn plan is and stop with the vague non-answers.

Judging from a psychological point of view, it's possible they genuinely think they know what they're doing and just want us to trust them. Our constant backlash/negativity towards the decisions is causing them to hide what they think so they avoid the backlash.

What happens then is misinformation on our side as we accuse them of things that didn't happen.

Both of these issues can be resolved by transparent feedback and discussion. They claim they read forums/reddit a lot, and we all know that this is true (Hello @@Deez and @@Sal1ent!) but we need more interaction rather than this passive presence they have. 

Of course, I could be completely wrong about all of this, but that's me feeding the misinformation machine that has filled the void.

:intel:  soon I guess.

There's that word again.

Hopefully soon soon.

Good, at least the pros will have plenty of time to acclimate to the new settings.

it's pretty clear that 343 isn't lying to us, at least not knowingly. it appears that the whole competitive scene is just haphazardly managed to the point that everyone seems to be on a different page regarding what's happening, when it's happening, why it's happening, etc. the hcs team knows what they're doing but whatever is going on behind the scenes isn't working because despite them acknowledging the possibility of no radar, providing more transparency, fixing gametypes, etc. nothing ever gets done.

just my take on it as an outsider, obviously idk what's actually going on. seems like the most logical explanation at least  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 8

So nobody wants to talk about E4(Ryanoob, Cloud, Shotzzy, Renegade) beating E6 5-0 in a scrim?

Yeah, Optic and Allegiance should be scared of being relegated by them.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

the majority of competitive FPSers in the world don't take halo seriously because it's played with controllers

They also don't take it seriously because they suck at it.

Seriously though, there's really no point in looking for approval from people who look down on Halo as an esport. And it's probably not healthy for someone a part of this community(like yourself) to have that same kind of mindset. So chill out.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The consistent drama and dissapointment of this game and HCS are becoming more of a spectacle then the game itself.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Halo 5 on Pc looks amazing. So much smoother and faster. Hope it will find many fans on Pc.

There's that word again.

Hopefully soon soon.

What "soon" are you taking about? As halo fans we have grown accustomed to multiple meanings of the word "soon." There is MCC soon, halo 5 soon, and HCS soon. they all have different meanings by weeks-months.  :intensifies:

Our sleepy god has posted

Pro's should not be afraid to say things like it. This should be a common post by a Halo pro, not something that is significant enough to be posted on the forums and be seen significant. If a Pro thinks that HCS setting should be plasma pistol starts idc, but they should be more than willing to openly discuss the concerns/problems they have with the settings. We should see much more of this. 

​Edit: when you post 10 minutes apart without realizing that you multiposted. oops. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Off topic but Halo 5 on the PC with a controller is the best thing I've ever touched in my entire life.

Tell Che to move the competitive scene to PC with a controller  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Off topic but Halo 5 on the PC with a controller is the best thing I've ever touched in my entire life.

do you still lag out? (serious question btw)

also can someone reorganize the completed tournament section? It's a mess to look at, and out of order. @@Saucey

it's pretty clear that 343 isn't lying to us, at least not knowingly. it appears that the whole competitive scene is just haphazardly managed to the point that everyone seems to be on a different page regarding what's happening, when it's happening, why it's happening, etc. the hcs team knows what they're doing but whatever is going on behind the scenes isn't working because despite them acknowledging the possibility of no radar, providing more transparency, fixing gametypes, etc. nothing ever gets done.

just my take on it as an outsider, obviously idk what's actually going on. seems like the most logical explanation at least :intensifies:

That's exactly how I feel. The management is just such a mess from the outside.

The consistent drama and dissapointment of this game and HCS are becoming more of a spectacle then the game itself.

Yes, I still haven't watched the vods from the finals LAN and I skipped the last 3-4 weeks of pro league, but I check in here every day because it's so interesting to watch the drama.