CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

No, it will.

Then why did you quite literally say you "Don't think it would be any different with the addition of two players on each team"?

I am 100% sure the pros provide their feedback in an articulate manner. It's just 343 doesn't really care for half of it.  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 3

From 343s perspective, they had to change SOMETHING, otherwise, because they believe their casual audience has the intelligence and attention span of 5 year olds, the entire population would drift away to a more exciting game. So they figured "eh, we already did the competitive community a solid by not making them play Riptide, we can get away with sneaking a scattershot onto Regret despite most feedback being against it". That's how their relationship with the competitive community works.

343 truly thinks they're doing us a favor by not placing things like Riptide in the rotation. To them, it is a testament to their listening to feedback, and it gives them the right to sneak other bullshit in.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wonder if anyone at 343 watched that video comparing their whole philosophy to Bungies. It has a lot of views for such a niche topic, and an extremely good like to dislike ratio. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Then why did you quite literally say you "Don't think it would be any different with the addition of two players on each team"?

I just don't think it's going to be as hectic as everyone thinks it's going to be.

Focus testing is bullshit. They probably bring in a bunch of clueless people. 

I realize that focus groups have a negative connotation in video games, but by definition their pro player summit was a focus group. (Just arguing semantics)

• Upvote (+1) 7

Just finished watching the optic alg scrim. Still don't get the contra hype. Maybe it was an off day. APG performed a lot better than last season. You can tell optic are putting a lot more effort in team work.

Shooters communication and stats impressed me. First time I listened to him.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So our potential problems are as follows

1. 343 isn't listening

2. Pros are not presenting their ideas properly

3. Combination of both

Pros need to get a rep from each team BEFORE feedback sessions or summits, vote on hot topic settings decisions, write whatever was agreed upon down on bullet point / list format, and presen them to 343 during feedback sessions as a united front.

The current way of doing things is clearly going nowhere.

I nominate @@Saucey as the HCS Player Union Rep.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I feel like we're on the edge of another Breakout situation. 

Hopefully everyone can keep a level head, find someone who knows their shit to push out the feedback and do it in a good way. A lot of people are angry about this stuff and it's a good time to come together and sort it out.

Nobody wants to wait until December and praying they change shit before Worlds. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Did anyone else notice they changed the text size above players in game?

I think they changed the health bars on warzone bosses too, or at least something seemed different when I did a firefight earlier.  Possibly was that.

https://twitter.com/GrimBrotherOne/status/774023800644001792

Focus group testing is what got us loadouts and killstreaks in H4. Focus group testing is what got us two garbage iterations of sprint before a somewhat manageable compromise 5 years later. Focus group testing is what convinced 343i to take out splitscreen.

Every dumbass in the world thinks they want CoD so when you ask them in focus groups that's what they'll tell you. And then they'll buy your shitty game and play it for a week and go back to the actual CoD. BDobbins is an ass but he has some good videos covering this. In any case, 343i should know this firsthand.

And now, for some strange reason, focus group testing (of whom, btw? just curious) is being given more priority than feedback from people who've invested quite a bit of time and money into this game, significantly moreso than the average player, and for many is a full time job. Perhaps the reason why there wasn't much discussion on radar at the HCS Summit is because the pros were still trying to shut down all the stupid shit first like more SAW ammo first.

I know weed is legal in Washington now but that doesn't give you the right to smoke on the job, 343i.

That tweet. Sheesh.

Focus group testing who? Data from where? It clearly was not from the best players in the world.

The continued pattern of vagueness is the most frustrating part about the HCS.

• Upvote (+1) 4