CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

How many teams do you guys think will attend Esports Arena?

2050 chatt sold that many team passes and it's for much less money / not HCS

• Upvote (+1) 3

On old settings

Why would we scrim on new settings that aren't confirmed to be permament when were also trying to find the right team?

Let's try and adapt to these new settings but also see if we have good teamwork at the same time!  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

2050 chatt sold that many team passes and it's for much less money / not HCS

Yeah, but some Am teams actually have a chance at winning that money. :^)

(We kinda need a clarification if the LAN's payouts are only for the Championship bracket or if both brackets are paying out)

I understand the logic. But this would all be bonus stuff. You guys have paid for the event and everything, but if the community wanted to support to make the product even better, they have the option to.

It's just like the smash scene crowd funding to get international players to the states to get better competition in for the tournaments. Crowd funding is a GOOD thing.

True. We can look into it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

2006 Final Boss vs 2016 CLG.

At first I was like "tickets from australia to usa are probably expensive" but then I was like "considering saiyan dropped off the face of the earth tickets are probably a bit more expensive"

How about current EG vs current CLG in Halo 3 for the showmatch?

H2A EG vs old CLG (Royal 2 , Snakebite, Heinz (or cloud) and 2gre) would be better IMO

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Like when there was zero dev support from 2003-2010? I'll take that.

We need good games with good competitive settings and a good tournament organization like MLG, not begging 343 for scraps and half steps.

We can't compare era's. Xbox 360 sold 80 million+[in its lifespan, Worldwide] and Xbox One has sold 10 20 million [Worldwide], XB1 is the slowest selling at 1/2 the rate of PS4 console of this generation, and Halo is an exclusive for it. Plus its a 100% online title. I'm curious to see how Gears does since it has the same restrictions.

edit: It has come to my attention that my stats were not entirely accurate or were misrepresented.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I just can't believe I found out about this program from a blog. Obviously esports Arena and PGL were involved in planning, but MLG doesn't even get a heads up via email or phone to let us know we weren't wanted? Confused.

I'm late to the party, but this is disgusting.  Why do you guys have this ridiculous vendetta against MLG? 

@@Timo @Vivi 

How about 07 Final Boss vs current CLG?

At first I was like "tickets from australia to usa are probably expensive" but then I was like "considering saiyan dropped off the face of the earth tickets are probably a bit more expensive"

Wasn't Saiyan at Regionals or something? I remember seeing him somewhere recently.

I love the fact that 343 and co are being much more transparent about events, prize pools and the like, particularly in a much more timely fashion than previously. I also love the fact that there are actually going to be open LANs (though there seems to be issues with locations) and that the open circuit will be broadcasted.

However, as an unknown EU AM player and huge spectator of the game and its competitive roots, there are some issues that need to be addressed.

One thing specifically I've seen mentioned in the thread in regards to complaints about open LANs is that they're not hosted by ESL. However, as mentioned in the announcement, ESL will be dealing with the EU side of the pro and open circuit. This same announcement made no mention of any open LANs for EU which obviously means there won't be any.

I feel this is an issue which needs to be addressed, particularly since ESL own a studio directly in the UK which could be used to cater to such an event and lower the overhead costs. This makes further sense in order to grow the EU scene because the EU pro league has less teams, lower prize pools and the open circuit will not be casted (which they could at least cast the legendary cup matches).

One of the reasons that NA has so much more viewership is that the pros are well known which is a result of multiple years of attending LANs and other events which are broadcasted so people become familiar with them, as well as features on their backgrounds which provide a compelling story and drive people to want to support them, this hasn't really been done with the EU and thus very little EU players are known, with those that are known coming from events like insomnia (which have decided to stop doing Halo tournaments) or from the Halo worlds champ tour.

Furthermore, while it has been mentioned (but not necessarily intended for this scenario), in order for an EU player to attend an open LAN, they'd literally have to spend thousands, which just isn't feasible even in the 'spend money to make money' sense.

Thoughts? @@Vivi

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo 2. Please not Halo 3.

Edit: or even better have 2gre 1v4 current CLG in H1

• Upvote (+1) 9

CLG vs ex-liquid is lit right now. 

Surprisingly so. 

How many times have CLG lost 5 games in a scrim the last year? Have they at all? (For anyone not watching it is CLG 4-5 right now)

the last time CLG lost 5 games in a scrim was on new gametypes as well

edit: actually it was 6, Cratos is right

• Upvote (+1) 3

The last time CLG lost 5 games in a scrim, only one of the players they're playing against was in Pro League.  (Pretty sure it was before LCQ for Liquid/OpTic.)