CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Halo is no longer a console seller, and if it isn't selling consoles I want it on all the platforms it can be on to improve its popularity.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@NavG123 @@Stikki Lawndart I feel like I'm tone deaf here is this a meme or something? You can move 8 directions on WASD and can push more than 1 button at a time. Sorry if this is some weird internet joke I'm not in on.

OT- forcing PC players to use pads would make the game DOA for the PC community. Separate if needed or filters as has been suggested above.

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@NavG123 @@Stikki Lawndart I feel like I'm tone deaf here is this a meme or something? You can move 8 directions on WASD and can push more than 1 button at a time. Sorry if this is some weird internet joke I'm not in on.

OT- forcing PC players to use pads would make the game DOA for the PC community. Separate if needed or filters as has been suggested above.

They are joking

• Upvote (+1) 2

The solution, many won't like it!

Force controller use on PC when on ranked PvP modes. Scuf and monitors is one thing. But having KB+M is just unfair. Atleast all xbox players have the chance to use scuf etc, it's a choice.

I would hate to be in the situation where I'd need to play on PC just to keep up with others.

For me, Halo to PC, should be about increasing population and interest in the game and not about getting the most out of it's possibilities with PC's.

I'm waiting for the Negative rep.

And then players will simply trick the PC into thinking they have a controller equipped, and use a KB+M while still getting the benefits of a controller in terms of AA/sticky reticle.

This happened all the time in H2Vista.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Think its a little odd to see people so afraid of change. If Halo on PC blew it up it would be a great thing but I guess I can understand people being afraid their competitive scene will leave them behind

Business wise it's a win win for M$, being the operating system giant it is. Imagine if one day you see Halo on Steam(you see it now with Halo Spartan Assault). Some say it would hurt console sales but I honestly can't think it's that large of a percentage of ppl buying a console solely for Halo. And now for certain games you get an Xbox copy when buying PC version anyways and vice versa.

They see PC and think cross platform, which devolves into fear of losing the HCS to PC.

Unless you're a virtual masochist, I think you mean nerfed.  :simms: 

You are correct. I have been sick for too long. But yeah I think it should have less ammo.

im an avid pc gamer (actually own my own custom pc company) And i wouldnt mind using the controller at all on pc

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's really good to see 4 teams all competing well against one another. This makes pro league much more interesting, add the fact that there are now a lot of fan favourite personalities on these teams, and all of them seem to have a chance at winning. I love CLG, but it was extremely boring watching just how much better they were if that makes any sense. 

I for one would love it if we could play competitive Halo with mouse and keyboard

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I was watching Snakebite's stream yesterday and I'm pretty sure he said they hadn't scrimmed in a few days but wanted to last night. I'm not sure if they did though

god the LANs really need to have more teams. It should be 8 teams but take place after relegation imo

Thanks - hoping for something tonight. 

El Town mentioned that Mercy is the best DLC map that 343 has put out so far and that he would be surprised if it was not included in the HCS.

Just catching up and wanted to respond to a post from a couple of days ago...

None of this stuff is "off the table" for HCS.

We are open to all feedback and looking to have the teams and pros play a more active role in helping shape the future of the sport. We just held the first of what will be a regular series of player council meetings with player reps from each of the top NA HCS teams to provide feedback and discuss improvements for Halo 5 and beyond. We flew players out to the studio for a couple of days where they met with the team, played the game, fed back on maps/modes and participated in a lengthy roundtable discussion on all aspects of the game including core mechanics/gameplay. Again, nothing was out of bounds for discussion.

That said, there wasn't a push from the group for changes to core mechanics/settings. We were very direct in opening this up and pushing for feedback. It was discussed at length and the consensus amongst the group was that the game plays very well competitively in its current form. There was a lot of feedback related to improving the surrounding experience, additional features to help the game grow and thoughts on how to better structure the overall esports program, run events, etc. Our team takes this feedback very seriously. We took detailed notes from the visit and will be using them to help prioritize feature development and improvements to HCS, etc.

The plan is to continue this direct engagement with our pro community on a regular basis and we'll be rotating participants to vary player representation at these councils and bring more international perspective into the mix as well. Bravo, Tashi, Quinn or I will put together a blog to talk more about these efforts in the not-so-distant future.

Somewhere in here is a word I can use to turn this post into a negative.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That said, there wasn't a push from the group for changes to core mechanics/settings. We were very direct in opening this up and pushing for feedback. It was discussed at length and the consensus amongst the group was that the game plays very well competitively in its current form

Not being malicious here, but this surprises me. Nobody said anything about radar, etc?

• Upvote (+1) 9

The plan is to continue this direct engagement with our pro community on a regular basis and we'll be rotating participants to vary player representation at these councils and bring more international perspective into the mix as well. Bravo, Tashi, Quinn or I will put together a blog to talk more about these efforts in the not-so-distant future.

Awesome to hear and thanks for posting.

Are there any plans to improve the transparency with the HCS and the community here? Besides you and sometimes @@Tashi posting here, we dont have much of an insight on the decision making process. It would build a great foundation to grow the HCS and the competitive community for the future.

• Upvote (+1) 7

We definitely talked about it (I may have been the one who brought it up) and there wasn't agreement amongst the participants that this would be a positive change. And to be fair, the pros haven't had a chance to play H5 extensively with radar off so they couldn't be confident it would work with the core mechanics of H5. This was a debate we had internally w/ pro team before the game's release and ultimately decided that the heightened mobility made players too hard to track without it, especially in objective games.

The biggest problem with radar in the current game is how it limits the effectiveness of flanking. We talked about some potential solutions for future. I also asked the pros to spend some time scrimming without radar to see what they think of the way it plays in different modes/maps so we can revisit the discussion.

Ah, I see.

Thanks for this, I appreciate the insight.

• Upvote (+1) 9