CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I gotta say I am truly excited for this season!!! I really believe its going to be epic. I'm hoping to get out to the Lan. Watching Austin struggle with what little support there was at the end of reach and thru Halo 4 I wasn't sure competitive Halo would make it off life support. I just wanted to say thanks to 343/ESL and all parties involved for giving these amazingly talented players a platform back to do what they love, and for giving us the fans a great league. Can't wait to be watching league matches 2 nights a week again. 

stop with the optimism, sir. we're supposed to be pissed around here.

On a serious note, I'm really excepted for the upcoming season. I think it's going to be really fun, and personally, looking forward to the open LANs. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

For those of you who don't know me or didn't see it because it lost in the shuffle -  I'd like to quote this and let you all know that I am deadly serious. 

I don't always agree with everything that goes down but I will always support this community of competitive Halo.

Seriously? 

tumblr_inline_nobkxbsut01tu8b3v_500.gif

Lethul, Lunchbox, Roy, Snipedown

vs

Frosty, Ogre 2, Royal 2, Snakebite

For the fun times match. Do it. Fly out Ogre 2 in general as well. Get him commentating or something.

Force a reunion of 2011 Instinct. Just because why the hell not in a show match?

• Upvote (+1) 2

2006 Final Boss vs 2016 CLG.

Strongside > Saiyan 

Only if Mikes not casting of course! Also, Danford wouldnt be down. He barely wanted to play Halo 1 at the Beach LAN..

• Upvote (+1) 3

I feel for ya bud Austin's little brother isn't going to be able to watch as much this season either , last season I let him stay up for the Friday night matches. Somehow things tend to work out though, I bet you'll find a way ;)

In some alternate universe, I'm sure @@Cooper is teaming with Lil' Mikwen at a LAN to take down some pros.  All paid for by @@Dave_Easily:D

• Upvote (+1) 2

We're rwally going to do everything we can to assemble a great team but our budget isnt what I wish it was (when is it ever though). Hopefully we can make these types of things work. We'll definitely be looking for what people want.

crowd fund. it does wonders.

the community is willing to give back to get better production value/on-screen talent.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd like to announce that Allegiance's new 4th will be Brad Pitt for the upcoming fall season.  :weback:  :simms:

gnO71VT.png

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You should talk to me about budget in regard to those 2 guys, specifically. I could help. 

My twitter is @@Dave_Easily and is probably the easiest way to get hold of me.

Ok what do you do for a living? You might as well just start a Halo Org.  :kappa:

crowd fund. it does wonders.

the community is willing to give back to get better production value/on-screen talent.

Yea our goal isn't for the community to need to pay for these things. It's one reason we want spectators to be free.

No I think thats the responsibility of the publisher.

Okay, sorry. Just wasn't sure if I was reading what you said correctly. We're on the same page<3

Ok what do you do for a living? You might as well just start a Halo Org.  :kappa:

I don't know what he does but I can tell you a story about him. I started getting back into Halo the tourney Noble Black was making their run and had the phenomenal game against CLG back in H2A. After that tourney I figured I'd get into more streams. I hop into Arkanum's stream one night and Aries was streaming, I don't know if APG was too, but all I can remember was some guy just donating $100 dollars to all 3 of these guys. Someone filled me in and let me know that it some guy named Dave Stu that loves the community and always give back to it. And that generosity at the time was astounding to me as I've never seen anything like it in the gaming world..Mind you, I'm a casual and I still don't know shit. But I try to sub and donate whenever I can.

• Upvote (+1) 3

People say a lot of heated things when news comes out, stop making Cooper out as some angel by the way. He got banned 5+ times and warned numerous times.

As always, feel free to report posts if you feel something is bad.

woah woah woah, in no way did i say or intend to say cooper was an angel. I believe he was justly banned. My point is the guy takes it too far. And when any other poster takes it too far, they are reprimanded. (okay now i sound like the forum police so ill stop) 

"people say a lot of heated things when news comes out"

you are kidding right? that makes it okay? lets not pretend like its an isolated incident with frank. 

anyways im tilted/salty/rustled/not tatted up so ill stop. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

How many teams do you guys think will attend Esports Arena?

I dont know what their cut off is going to be, and this has NOTHING to do with the venue or organizers. Purely based off the location and faith this community has in online LAN's 40-48. I think is a pretty safe bet. We had 27(I think) in Toronto, and that was north of the border. I think it'll be closer towards the 40, but I'd be thrilled to be mistaken. Hell, I'd be ecstatic if the community stepped up and broke 48.

I've thought about it. I have some friends in the industry (esports orgs) and I honestly don't have the time to do it justice. Otherwise I would.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yea our goal isn't for the community to need to pay for these things. It's one reason we want spectators to be free.

I understand the logic. But this would all be bonus stuff. You guys have paid for the event and everything, but if the community wanted to support to make the product even better, they have the option to.

It's just like the smash scene crowd funding to get international players to the states to get better competition in for the tournaments. Crowd funding is a GOOD thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've thought about it. I have some friends in the industry (esports orgs) and I honestly don't have the time to do it justice. Otherwise I would.

Management duo me and @Moses. 

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

People say a lot of heated things when news comes out, stop making Cooper out as some angel by the way. He got banned 5+ times and warned numerous times.

As always, feel free to report posts if you feel something is bad.

He wasn't an angel. He was a GOD
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3