CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

At the start I was a big hater of most of the new mechanics but after playing on them nearly a year and see what professionals can do with them I'm fine with pretty much all of them. Spartan Charge is kind of superfluous imo but I don't think a normal melee out of sprint would work either. Clamber is great, going back and playing old Halo games I find myself missing it a lot. 

Even if it WAS just for movement, Mobility skill gap is one of the best things to have in a competitive game.

The mobility skill gap alone is what makes Tribes probably the most skillful game in existence. Sure, you need to be able to land discs every once in a while, but at its core, that is a game entirely about moving. Strafe-jumping/bunnyhopping are a core part of top level Quake.

The weapons in both the games above are almost entirely projectile based, so being able to outmaneuver your opponent is as, if not more, important than being able to aim.

So having these additional movement options that allow us all sorts of different ways to open up a map, even if they come tied in with "gimmicky" other uses is a good thing.

And when you include the fact that those things are actually kinda fun to use (I literally spent most of beta running around charging/GPing people, because it was fun) -- it helps something that appeals to casuals ALSO contribute to competitive play.

Thank you for explaining a bit more. I guess you're right. My only issues with Halo 5 are sprint, radar, the "utility" weapon, and the autos. Remove charge and and sprint and I'm a happy Halo player.
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Maybe its just me, but I dont even understand what Cloud is saying

Scratch that...just realized i could click on the picture to maximize the size...Kill me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

ESLHalo Twitter account very briefly tweeted 'Official Fall 2016 settings!' with a link, which went to a 404 error, and the tweet was quickly deleted after. But, presumably....soon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I swear they actively try to troll the competitive community sometimes. While it is in good fun, at the same time it is so frustrating. "we hear your complaints, we just don't care" is what they are basically saying. It has been a year almost, if they cared it would have been tweaked by now. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Judging by handbook, no gametype changes.

It would appear that way

• Upvote (+1) 3

Stealing my sweet, sweet rep.  :mj:

If anything, I am stealing @@Vivi rep. 

Does ESL write this or is it 343 and then ESL publishes it?

Collaboration (though if it counts it's usually my fingers on the keys, haha)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Soooo...not even a change to overtime rules?

Evidently there have been some adjustments.  :D

Soooo...not even a change to overtime rules?

Overtime rules were edited to reflect "sudden death" and reduced scores to win after a replayed game. 

• Upvote (+1) 2