CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Google.com/flights took me 9 seconds found them under 300

People keep quoting flight prices but no one has actually taken a second to say that Santa Ana, CA is ~35 miles from LAX. If you're trying to fly into OC/Santa Ana airport the price doubles.

If you're trying to pinch pennies, your best bet is probably to fly to LAX and cab/Uber over to the venue. 

That being said, I plan on going to the event. I will do some research in the next few days and hopefully report back with much more specificity on the projected costs for everything. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

People keep quoting flight prices but no one has actually taken a second to say that Santa Ana, CA is ~35 miles from LAX. If you're trying to fly into OC/Santa Ana airport the price doubles.

If you're trying to pinch pennies, your best bet is probably to fly to LAX and cab/Uber over to the venue. 

That being said, I plan on going to the event. I will do some research in the next few days and hopefully report back with much more specificity on the projected costs for everything. 

Super Shuttle is generally the best from a price standpoint. (totally random fyi)

Agreed! HOWEVER - here's what I will do. I will pay for 4 plane tickets and a hotel room for a team to attend the eSports arena Santa Ana event for a team originated from here.

To be considered for selection as the team to represent Easy Esports you must be a Team Beyond Premium Member with over 200+ rep.

Can contact me @@Dave_Easily if you would like a shot at it.

Forming the ultimate Meme Dream Team? 

Don't let your Memes Be Dreams Boys. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Agreed! HOWEVER - here's what I will do. I will pay for 4 plane tickets and a hotel room for a team to attend the eSports arena Santa Ana event for a team originated from here.

To be considered for selection as the team to represent Easy Esports you must be a Team Beyond Premium Member with over 200+ rep.

Can contact me @@Dave_Easily if you would like a shot at it.

Does this include flights from Australia?

edit: nevermind I didn't read it properly.

edit2: maybe I did

I haven't read 23+ pages in one sitting in quite some time. That was fun. I expect 23 more by 5am Eastern so I have something to read while I get ready for work. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's on you to get the community to show up, you're literally paid to do that, the community don't owe you shit fam.

We've been out here, who are you?

Wish I could find the post but these 2 reminded me of something similar I said to you awhile back. Think it'd fit the situation nicely.

oh well.

For those of you who didn't want to wait for the rule set to be published, here is the prize pool breakdown for the Fall Season. 

yDztxP.jpg

I think you might be forgetting that 343 is a business who's sole purpose is to make money. I'm sure there are loads of people working there who are doing it for the love of Halo and making games. I'd be willing to bet that the people running the HCS would love to have multiple $1'000'000 open lans every season. However, the people setting the budgets and allocating the money are the ones controlling that and their job is to make sure that the money invested into 343 returns a profit. 

MS might have tonnes of money but they're not going to be spending any of on the HCS if they don't see a return on the investment. They more than likely decided that the money from reqs would be better invested elsewhere, perhaps in the production of H6.

None of this means anything considering a brand new studio (Coalition) is already doing everything 1 million times better than 343 has been since Halo 5 has launched (minus Worlds, but even that, that wasn't perfect). 

• Upvote (+1) 1

For those of you who didn't want to wait for the rule set to be published, here is the prize pool breakdown for the Fall Season.

yDztxP.jpg

This is great. More of this :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 9

yDztxP.jpg

Thank you for the information. I have to ask though, what is it about Microsoft Excel that made it so hard to officially release this information to viewers at the start of last season, or season finals?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

ESL is not running these events.

I live in California and I can even admit it's insane to come out here. Getting to the west is a lot harder to do than getting to the east, mostly cause we're just better plain facts. But as much as I HATE AND FEAR flying events should be on the east coast since that's where halo kinda had its start, I mean there's a city named unofficially OGRE CITY, but maybe it was based off venue arrangement? Idk if the deal was cheaper with esports arena.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Thank you for the information. I have to ask though, what is it about Microsoft Excel that made it so hard to officially release this information to viewers at the start of last season, or season finals?

Because then you couldnt praise them for doing their actual job this time around.

• Upvote (+1) 3

yDztxP.jpg

I LOVE YOU

this page is legendary 

Because then you couldnt praise them for doing their actual job this time around.

So do a bad job in order to get praised in the future when you do a good job?

Why not just do a good job in the first place?

yDztxP.jpg

You're trying so hard.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 45

What makes you say the previous ones were poorly produced? I'm not trying to be defensive just understand what you didn't like that we could control. I actually had not heard any negative complaints on it until now.

My apologies; i didn't mean to corner you at all but i just wanted to get a point across & "poor production" may have been too harsh but then again it wasn't a great production as well. When i watched the last Halo event stream from eSports Arena i could remember 25-45 min. transition times between matches with a graphic or video footage of the venue being displayed, and it was just not worth it to be in that stream. Also not having post game interviews ready with players after matches are finished instantly, like ESL & MLG, is a bit frustrating especially when a commentator has to leave the desk to go downstairs to grab a player for an interview. Not saying that eSports Arena is not capable of putting on a quality level production but it is going to take a lot to live up to HCS standards

Edit: a VOD of a match from the last Halo tourney eSports Arena hosted. Also we need a 60fps stream but i feel like that's obvious

Why is everything 343/ESL do so fucking average or half assed?

2 Open LANs > 0, but I don't think theres anyway in hell they will be as exciting/attended as MLG Orlando/Columbus. The energy at those events seemed insane. I don't want 15 people cheering from the balcony at ESL's studios. I want people chanting and yelling and losing their minds when Frosty wizards around and shits on someone or when Huke blains or when someone crouches in the corner with a shotgun :kappa:

I want Puckett dressed as Master Chief soaring into the MLG on a fucking dragon hype. 

How do you not even bother to send Adam an email after watching grown men shed tears at the latest Gears event they were so excited???

jfc 343, never change. 

/rant

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I haven't read 23+ pages in one sitting in quite some time. That was fun. I expect 23 more by 5am Eastern so I have something to read while I get ready for work. 

I'd like to point out that the previous thread made it 19 pages in the first 24 hours.  Only a third of that time has passed and we're already at 23 pages.

:fire:  :beyond:  :weback:  :fire:

• Upvote (+1) 1

None of this means anything considering a brand new studio (Coalition) is already doing everything 1 million times better than 343 has been since Halo 5 has launched (minus Worlds, but even that, that wasn't perfect). 

Money means EVERYTHING.

Why do you think The Coalition is getting loads of money injected into its esports scene? Because Gears 4 is about to release and events with large prize pools act as good marketing tools. Why did 343 get a shit tonne of money injected into the HCS in the first few months? Because marketing. Why is less money being spent on it now? Because marketing a game almost a year after it releases isn't going to net a particularly great return.

I'm not defending it, I'm just being realistic; 343 is a business, not a charity.

• Upvote (+1) 2