CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

How I reacted after watching CoD gameplay after not playing any of the past several titles

giphy.gif

Production seems great though I'm sure it'll be a hype bracket stage.

• Upvote (+1) 7

the most recent hcs event is irrelevant, gotcha

We were comparing Halo Worlds with COD Worlds, weren't we? That was the basis of the conversation.

"What about it has been that amazing compared to HWC?"

• Upvote (+1) 2

Remember that time when we had that discussion about nV beating CLG instead of the same old arguments? Good times.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Player cams are overrated. 

I seem to remember the general consensus being that they were sorely missed last year before they were brought back.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Why would we compare CoDXP to Season 1 Finals that took place at a Korean Pop Culture convention?

HWC is the most obvious thing to compare it to.

Edit: Just to be clear, the production at CoDXP is fine, i have no issues with it. I'm just not seeing the "miles better" part.

• Upvote (+1) 2

We were comparing Halo Worlds with COD Worlds, weren't we? That was the basis of the conversation.

"What about it has been that amazing compared to HWC?"

the production

the production talent

the event coverage

the media coverage

the venue

the after parties

has more than 30 in person spectators

the entire qualification process

the viewership

shall i continue?

• Upvote (+1) 7

the production

the production talent

the event coverage

the media coverage

the venue

the after parties

the viewership

shall i continue?

You forgot Snoop Dogg :lxthul:

the production

the event coverage

the media coverage

the venue

the after parties

shall i continue?

HWC production was fine. I don't remember any issues other than the short b-stream downtime.

Obviously COD will get more media coverage than Halo, since it's a much bigger esport. All things considered, I'd say HWC's promotion was a success. I was seeing Halo on TSN in Canada. Never seen that before.

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of HWC's Gamebattles qualification process. It heavily favored the players who happened to get high placings in the first cup. No offense to anyone on the team, but does anyone actually think OverDrive deserved to be at Regionals? Would've preferred a team-based system or single-cup qualifications.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They def dropped the ball on Spectators for HWC I'll give you that one. But qualification? Wasn't most of the CoD qualification online whereas the meat of the HWC stuff was on LAN? I feel confident saying all the teams that deserved it made it to HWC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

the production

the production talent

the event coverage

the media coverage

the venue

the after parties

the viewership

shall i continue?

Also 4 streams and they have a stream called "the XP zone". Similar to the Red Zone Channel for football where they just hop around to the action, it's pretty cool.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Any chance of Maniac going to Cod, he was thinking about it before, team with Mboze on Optic Nation or 100 theives, if he leaves Halo?

• Downvote (-1) 2

Again HWC had 16 teams, there really wasn't a need for an NFL Redzone type stream since there were only 2 streams. 

I already said it but yeah the spectator situation sucked. The venue however was nicely put together.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Any chance of Maniac going to Cod, he was thinking about it before, team with Mboze on Optic Nation or 100 theives, if he leaves Halo?

Going from placing top 8 to placing top 16 or maybe top 8. Wise choice if you ask me :simms:

Again HWC had 16 teams, there really wasn't a need for an NFL Redzone type stream since there were only 2 streams. 

having a ton of teams and a redzone stream > having 16 teams

The venue however was nicely put together.

garbage compared to the cod venue, not even a little close

Edit: Just to be clear, the production at CoDXP is fine, i have no issues with it. I'm just not seeing the "miles better" part.

It's pretty standard stuff compared to what they've been doing. Their LANs are always large (twice the size of HWC, as you've pointed out) which explains multiple streams. But I agree that so far, it's a CoD LAN. Nothing to write home about, really. 

having a ton of teams and a redzone stream > having 16 teams

garbage compared to the cod venue, not even a little close

I agree, the talent is there. For next Worlds we could send 4 Latin American teams instead of 1, 4 AU/NZ teams and maybe 6 european teams.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Going from placing top 8 to placing top 16 or maybe top 8. Wise choice if you ask me :simms:

What earns more, top 16 in Cod or 8 in halo?

Venue for those that haven't seen it

X9kSQF2.jpg

Yeah its at the forum, and they actually have places for people to sit. I was talking about the mainstage though.

HWC did a good job, you cant deny that.

NOT TALKING ABOUT SEATING

Cd3kkTWXIAEym-N-1024x682.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol the reach is real