CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Transparency and community comms are part of the package, good or bad, non negotiable. Talking to your customer base in real time on social media, forums, Reddit, etc works.

I just really don't understand why 343 won't work with MLG. In fact it seems like they are actively trying to distance themselves as far away as possible from the biggest, best and original eSport promoter. Halo and MLG history will always be tied together, but 343 it seems at best doesn't care and worst hates that they are. I have no words to explain or guess why they are doing it either. Truly truly baffling to me.

@@Timo The community seems to be confused on the decision to avoid MLG, even though they have showed time and again they run events better than what we have had with ESL.

• Upvote (+1) 1

you don't get it

yeah ryan, you know more than adam, who has worked with mlg since 2003 and gave birth to competitive halo in the form we all know it

So feedback shouldn't be looked at? Gotcha!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Snipedown said they would prefer Huke to have snipe. Definitely the most skilled, but Eric's positioning is bar none.

CoDXP is in like its 5th year of being a thing. What about it has been that amazing compared to HWC? I tried to watch last night and got greeted by a black screen for 30 minutes then an offline stream.

c'mon man, really? reallllllllllly?

are you seriously even following the event? 

how about for starters, everything

i know you are better than this

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I'm just throwing it out there, but @@Timo isn't the guy to be talking to about the MLG thing. That conversation is saved for someone at 343. Leading up to Worlds proved that ESL and MLG could coincide so it really isn't up for ESL to talk about. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't doubt that CODXP is a great event, but as someone who isn't watching it, this is a terrible argument that isn't convincing me of anything.

• Upvote (+1) 6

So feedback shouldn't be looked at? Gotcha!

you telling him 'not to say anything' is 100% bad feedback

remember when i said you don't know what you're talking about?

i forgot, you are a social media expert, my b

At this rate you definitely won't be part of its future.

^

gj for calling an industry leader unprofessional and then try and talk down to him like you know anything about anything

don't you see the irony? 

What?  No.. It's not that you don't "get" anything.

It's that the extreme majority of your posts are either condescending or portrays you in a way where you seem above everyone else or the discussion itself, even if you chose to add something of substance in the post. I'm usually impressed with how consistent it is. Hope that clears up any confusion on why you get negged.

I'm realistic, straightforward, and try to take more into account when posting even if that means it's the unpopular opinion. If I come off as some guy who's high and mighty who thinks only of himself then I apologize. I posted that last part because it's the go to thing for everyone here no matter the topic. We're all guilty of it.

• Downvote (-1) 10

Not sure if troll but that's his twitter and this was an MLG event

Its 100% troll but Clap is acting like a bitter ex right now.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I don't doubt that CODXP is a great event, but as someone who isn't watching it, this is a terrible argument that isn't convincing me of anything.

you're blind then, the cwl product is miles ahead of what we have

how about cod has like 8 streams going and we can't even watch finals tournament matches with 4 teams

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I'm literally watching it right now, nothing about it is making me go "wow". I'm sure it will get better when Pool Play is over though.

you telling him 'not to say anything' is 100% bad feedback

remember when i said you don't know what you're talking about?

i forgot, you are a social media expert, my b

^

gj for calling an industry leader unprofessional and then try and talk down to him like you know anything about anything

don't you see the irony? 

I forgot I typed the part of where I claimed I knew more than him.

No matter the position you're in people are going to see something that you do as wrong and point it out. Like right now with what you're doing with me. It's life. The best you can do is make something of it and turn it into a positive.

I'm literally watching it right now, nothing about it is making me go "wow". I'm sure it will get better when Pool Play is over though.

you honestly can't see how much better it is in comparison?  :thinking:

I'm just throwing it out there, but @@Timo isn't the guy to be talking to about the MLG thing. That conversation is saved for someone at 343. Leading up to Worlds proved that ESL and MLG could coincide so it really isn't up for ESL to talk about. 

who should i @.  i want answers

you're blind then, the cwl product is miles ahead of what we have

how about cod has like 8 streams going and we can't even watch finals tournament matches with 4 teams

Again, I'm not watching it, so I don't know how the event is going. My point was that your prior post was completely unconvincing because it said nothing about why the event was better than HWC. Just "really? really? everything is better. come on man, I know you're better than this."

HWC had enough streams going that we could watch the entire event, no need for eight streams or however many COD has. Pro League Relegation is irrelevant here, we're talking about HWC. I do seem to recall downtime on the B-stream from HWC during Day 2, though.

you honestly can't see how much better it is in comparison?  :thinking:

Every match at HWC was on stream, every match was casted. Yeah COD has a better spec/caster mode than Halo but thats not on ESL or whoever did production.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I hate how the spectator mode makes player cams impossible.

Does seeing pro players do awkward faces on a 3 inch screen really that big of an issue? They are quick to show players reactions after rounds and games.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Every match at HWC was on stream, every match was casted. Yeah COD has a better spec/caster mode than Halo but thats not on ESL or whoever did production.

Yeah, I'll take the HCS setup over COD's in-game spectator thing.

With HCS we get player cams and regular player names. Here we get generic COD soldier pictures and full gamertags ([OG]Formal_XP). Plus the player list blocking off 30% of the screen.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Pro League Relegation is irrelevant here

the most recent hcs event is irrelevant, gotcha

makes_sense.jpg

With HCS we get player cams 

Plus the player list blocking off 30% of the screen.

:wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 1