CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So what about all those player cards with THEIR history and THEIR accomplishments that included MLG events?

662d90c8070287f59fe8a240fd5ee6da.png

c3463b8755c1e0e884a10f7ab3f17617.png

:walshy:

but yea, I always got the feeling that MLG history was kinda "brushed over" at times. Thought it was just me though.

• Upvote (+1) 6

did you guys forget that 343 doesn't want to work with MLG?

it's unacceptable 

that should be more apparent this weekend than ever 

• Upvote (+1) 3

All credit goes to Activision!

I hate this lame excuse, The Coalition / Gears of War 4 (owned by MS) is working with MLG with Fall.

• Upvote (+1) 3

did you guys forget that 343 doesn't want to work with MLG?

it's unacceptable 

that should be more apparent this weekend than ever 

CoDXP is in like its 5th year of being a thing. What about it has been that amazing compared to HWC? I tried to watch last night and got greeted by a black screen for 30 minutes then an offline stream.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The Optic stream earlier today was a total shit show. They weren't able to air half of each game type and then they players drop out multiple times.

CoDXP is in like its 5th year of being a thing. What about it has been that amazing compared to HWC? I tried to watch last night and got greeted by a black screen for 30 minutes then an offline stream.

PSN was DDOS'd last night, (not sure about today) it had some downtime. Even with that, they have 4 streams going on and and even have a RedZone like stream to keep you up to date with all matches and scores throughout the day. It's something the HCS should strive to be in year(s) to come. Throw in great content produced that people actually want to watch and experienced casters, I've enjoyed what I've watched so far. It isn't perfect, but what production ever is for gaming.

We have never been recognized as part of the Halo history, our era Effectively doesn't exist in their narrative...until they need our photos or other assets

At this rate you definitely won't be part of its future. You made those tweets probably fully expecting someone here would post them and barely 2 minutes later you're here adding fuel to the fire. I'm no business expert but I wouldn't want to be working with people like that. You can argue that 343/HCS/ESL are being unprofessional and I agree but I'm not going to stoop down to a level like that. I have no doubt you intend to outshine the HCS with Gears and whatnot in the near future and I look forward to it but talk with your actions, not your words. Continue to show them what they're missing by outperforming and don't be a forum kid.

But hey I'm just some random kid who will probably get negged to hell and back for "not getting it"

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 18

PSN was DDOS'd last night, (not sure about today) it had some downtime. Even with that, they have 4 streams going on and and even have a RedZone stream to keep you up to date with all matches and scores throughout the day. It's something the HCS should strive to be in year(s) to come. Throw in great content produced that people actually want to watch and experienced casters, I've enjoyed what I've watched so far. It isn't perfect, but what production ever is for gaming.

I guess, but even still every game was streamed at HWC with 2 streams. I'm not entirely sure but there are more teams at CoDXP than there were at HWC, no?

At this rate you definitely won't be part of its future. You made those tweets probably fully expecting someone here would post them and barely 2 minutes later you're here adding fuel to the fire. I'm no business expert but I wouldn't want to be working with people like that. You can argue that 343/HCS/ESL are being unprofessional and I agree but I'm not going to stoop down to a level like that. I have no doubt you intend to outshine the HCS with Gears and whatnot in the near future and I look forward to it but talk with your actions, not your words. Continue to show them what they're missing by outperforming and don't be a forum kid.

But hey I'm just some random kid who will probably get negged to hell and back for "not getting it"

Your post was good then you say that stuff at the end and it ruins the whole thing. Same crap is said on reddit by others, stop being afraid of fake internet points.

I guess, but even still every game was streamed at HWC with 2 streams. I'm not entirely sure but there are more teams at CoDXP than there were at HWC, no?

HWC had 16 teams, CoD Champs has 32.

• Upvote (+1) 1

But they do, in every single event. And he will always be a forum kid ;)  (back to those days when Halo actually was all over the place)

:walshy:

but yea, I always got the feeling that MLG history was kinda "brushed over" at times. Thought it was just me though.

So if they acknowledge it it's disrespectful and if they brush over it it's disrespectful.

I just want MLG...no fighting, no bickering. Glad to see you involved with Destiny (hopefully in the future) though @

Transparency and community comms are part of the package, good or bad, non negotiable. Talking to your customer base in real time on social media, forums, Reddit, etc works.

As a side note, I did not tweet so someone on a small (sorry Saucey) forum would post on a thread, I replied so 343 would see it. I read this forum daily, I just don't post every day. We are just sick of being abused, using our event asset to promote someone else is not okay.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 3

So if they acknowledge it it's disrespectful and if they brush over it it's disrespectful.

Where does it say MLG?

• Upvote (+1) 1

But there wasn't any real acknowledgment..

• Upvote (+1) 3

I just really don't understand why 343 won't work with MLG. In fact it seems like they are actively trying to distance themselves as far away as possible from the biggest, best and original eSport promoter. Halo and MLG history will always be tied together, but 343 it seems at best doesn't care and worst hates that they are. I have no words to explain or guess why they are doing it either. Truly truly baffling to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

But they do, in every single event. 

And I'm telling him to keep doing so.

Transparency and community comms are part of the package, good or bad, non negotiable. Shocking revelation but talking to your customer base in real time on social media, forums, Reddit, etc works.

As a side note, I did not tweet so someone on a small (sorry Saucey) forum would post on a thread, I replied so 343 would see it. I read this forum daily, I just don't post every day. We are just sick of being abused, using our event asset to promote someone else is not okay.

I'm fully aware of how communication like that works. It just came across as a very unprofessional way of doing things. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just really don't understand why 343 won't work with MLG. In fact it seems like they are actively trying to distance themselves as far away as possible from the biggest, best and original eSport promoter. Halo and MLG history will always be tied together, but 343 it seems at best doesn't care and worst hates that they are. I have no words to explain or guess why they are doing it either. Truly truly baffling to me.

whats the name of the guy who works for 343/ESL that comes on here and replied to @ a while ago?

you don't get it

yeah ryan, you know more than adam, who has worked with mlg since 2003 and gave birth to competitive halo in the form we all know it

• Upvote (+1) 3