CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Wait, so Lethuls a cheater?  :kappa:

Sorry bro, TB12 is my homeboy.  Had to downvote out of principal. Physics being what it is and all.

Why not use old announcing voice snipets? Or maybe get Peter Dinklage to do it.

only if it's autotuned....

seriously though, who give a shit about the announcer?? the name of the gametypes shows on the screen.  not that hard to figure out???  

Its like their reasoning for having an 8 second spawn for everything and keeping radar.  They are afraid the average person wont be able to figure it out that a gametype is different from default.  how dumb do they think we are???

I want to see how oddball plays damnit.  I think it could work better than assault at this point and it was one of my favorite gametypes of previous games.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I find it beyond weird that they didn't get Jeff Steitzer(the announcer) to record for additional content that weren't finalized yet(like oddball & assault) since what a multiplayer announcer has to record isn't exactly dialogue heavy.

They recorded stuff for Assault and Grifball, it was just broken in-game for a couple of months.

I imagine the idea behind a "ball" mode came up pretty late, meaning they didn't get Jeff to do it when they did Assault and Grifbal..

Personally I love all you guys and the community we have, It's something special for sure. I just wish things didn't crazily blow out of proportion sometimes

24-the-notebook-quotes.gif

We're passionate.

OT-

• CoD deserves what they've got
  • GG can be awful bm and probably was a bit in this instance
  • It's absolutely fine Optic Halo is at CoD XP
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I don't really think this post is fair.

The guy can't go eat some lunch/dinner? He has to be posted 24/7 at the venue? Cmon.

Also as head of eSports at 343 I'm going to go ahead and say that he is more than likely the one who pushed for $1MM Halo Champs / putting together the HCS, and if it wasn't his idea, he approved it. So I wouldn't exactly say he's done "nothing to further" Halo eSports.

I may not agree with every decision they make, but whether you hate 343 or not, they have done quite a bit so far and I think even the saltiest fan could admit that.

I said "hardly done anything" not "nothing to further". Sure the guy has approved some decisions and setup HCS events but if that's his idea of growing competitive Halo, then i believe that most people in this forum would be qualified to take on that position.

In my opinion Che Chou is just pushing papers and waiting out the clock for events to come and go. There is a ton of behind the scenes stuff that goes on with pros leading up to events. and i'm just in awe when i see Call of Duty & League of Legends promote content like that before a major event.

It is apparent that there is a complacent mindset in the HCS leadership & i'd honestly rather see some other passion driven person take on Che Chou's position & grow competitive Halo

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Personally I love all you guys and the community we have, It's something special for sure. I just wish things didn't crazily blow out of proportion sometimes

Agreed.  I hope all the Pro's/Coaches/Analysts/Orgs/Tournament runners dont get butthurt when people on the internet go overboard.  Some people are just very passionate, some just want to watch the world burn/are assholes and should be ignored, and the rest are reasonable people.  

The last thing i want is for those people to stop lurking and posting here because a few randoms have questionable social skills on the internet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry bro, TB12 is my homeboy.  Had to downvote out of principal. Physics being what it is and all.

For the record, I have literally no opinion on that subject but I just like to #stir the fans.  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wow the CWL production has really fallen on its face today. They are making HCS look good.

I was about to say this is a trainwreck compared to how some people on this forum described cods production value

• Upvote (+1) 6

I said "hardly done anything" not "nothing to further". Sure the guy has approved some decisions and setup HCS events but if that's his idea of growing competitive Halo, then i believe that most people in this forum would be qualified to take on that position.

In my opinion Che Chou is just pushing papers and waiting out the clock for events to come and go. There is a ton of behind the scenes stuff that goes on with pros leading up to events. and i'm just in awe when i see Call of Duty & League of Legends promote content like that before a major event.

It is apparent that there is a complacent mindset in the HCS leadership & i'd honestly rather see some other passion driven person take on Che Chou's position & grow competitive Halo

I'm not saying the HCS is perfect by any means. I would restructure the entire program personally.

However, Che is the boss man up there, he hires the required personnel to operate online leagues, and LAN events, and delegates the tasks to them. He isn't down there setting up monitors and MixAmps. Developing programs, pitching them to Microsoft (I would imagine), haggling with budgets and office politics, etc, isn't easy. To minimize that job and say that most people on this forum could do it is just plain wrong.

Whether he is the best man for the job is personal preference. Personally I think that the HCS has made some great progress since the league launched, but with that being said there is always more work to be done.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Not gonna lie, lost a little bit of respect for TJ after reading through the past 50 pages and catching up. I was watching his stream the other night and heard him complaining about the chat and tried to figure out what happened but never could, but even that was frustrating. It's a twitch chat, in a channel that really doesn't moderate the chat at all. What could he possibly expect after what that chat has been able to get away with for years. None of that bothers me, and even not streaming the scrim didn't bother me, the pettyness on Twitter really got to me though. I don't care if they are friends and are fucking around (doesn't look like it to me, and now they are trying to spin it as such) it just looks so unbelievably unprofessional. I mean if Tom Brady got on after a hard loss to an up and coming team and started shit talking and launching personal insults, part of me would love it, as part of me does this, but I for damn sure would lose some respect for him. Lethul is still my favorite current player, but that wasn't trolling or messing around or whatever, that was getting beat in a scrim and being hella salty about it. To the point you feel the need to respond to a tweet that was pretty much complimentary of your team. Fuck outta here with this bad manners bullshit. Sound like a lil ass kid. 

Nah Lethul was completely right about his Twitch chat. Normally their will be a little copypasta and ish but its usually funny. That night it was not and you literally couldn't say anything because everyone was doing nonsense and it just wasn't fun. Lethul asked for people to stop and then they wouldn't and really ruined the experience of the chat so I went to Frosty's stream where I found a @@Jimbo surprise. :simms: 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

For the record, I have literally no opinion on that subject but I just like to #stir the fans.  :simms:

lol no prob.  I'm not butthurt but i figured your 4000+ rep could handle a little ribbing.

Has the Formal to Halo bandwagon start yet?

when did it stop again?

• Upvote (+1) 1

che gets wayyyyyy too much blame for the current state of things

if we can't even get functional non preview bs arena matchmaking then any efforts the HCS guys make will be for nothing

• Upvote (+1) 3

if we can't even get functional non preview bs arena matchmaking then any efforts the HCS guys make will be for nothing

+Mercy

+Oddball

-Assault

-Overgrowth

-Riptide

Quinn pls.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

still can't believe that Che let MCC launch in the condition it did.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Has the Formal to Halo bandwagon start yet?

Not yet, it will probably start after Champs is done.

Our Halo messiah is coming back /s

CUSTOM GAME BROWSER CONFIRMED COMING POST-LAUNCH FOR HALO 5: FORGE ON PC

bba7b5c9cae69d47ae5b30f67a3fb327.png

52f52906b1b3aafa4629ddfb36021074.png

who is this stinkles guy?

also should post on r/halo they will go nuts for that

As long as Formal is on OpTic for Call of Duty he has ZERO reason to come back to Halo.

What about love of the game man???

Edit: Mikwen beat me to it with his own edit

• Upvote (+1) 1