CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

While you guys are all excited about the CLG / nV scrim, I have some bad news for Liquid fans.

Liquid probably won't be scrimming again until Monday.

An explanation will probably surface on Twitter some time later today if it hasn't already.

sounds sombre, u ok?

So when people messaged me after games saying GG they were making fun of me? Now I feel like an idiot.

That is standard. Lol at Lethul being so sensitive, just say gg and move on.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If I see one more person bitching about Maniac at XP I'm going to lose it

These are literally his best friends competing in the biggest CoD tournament, are you actually not going to go???

Did the CoD team go out and support Halo at worlds? No, they are full time gamers and respected the work that needs to be done to compete at the top. I have a job and can say that if I had friends who competed at the top of something, I would not make it out to as many events as the Halo team has gone to for CoD.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Did the CoD team go out and support Halo at worlds? No, they are full time gamers and respected the work that needs to be done to compete at the top. I have a job and can say that if I had friends who competed at the top of something, I would not make it out to as many events as the Halo team has gone to for CoD.

Formal went to worlds
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Optics Halo team wasn't at Worlds competing.

CLG should lose more often, really livens this place up. Thanks CLG!  :kappa:  Salty Lethul is my favorite Lethul.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Back when Halo 5 first came out, I lost a game in Arena and got a message afterwards from a teammate. 

"Quick Tip: Stop playing Halo"  :mj:

i had a dude just spam me the message "go back to COD." I respectfully declined. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Maybe Optic Halo is rubbing off on Optic COD, and not the other way around like we had hoped.

Eh, Optic usually starts out slow and CoL came out firing on all cylinders.

I have faith in em.

I never got into the whole GG thing, does anyone actually mean it? (Not calling out Snipedown's tweet btw). It's one of those things you just say but it's out of habit when you hear it. Like those awkward moments in drive-thru and the employee says "Have a great day" and you say "you too" but have no idea why you said it.

/random thoughts

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I never got into the whole GG thing, does anyone actually mean it? (Not calling out Snipedown's tweet btw). It's one of those things you just say but it's out of habit when you hear it. Like those awkward moments in drive-thru and the employee says "Have a great day" and you say "you too" but have no idea why you said it.

/random thoughts

I used to mean it, but it become so common saying it, it lost its meaning. Kind of like "LOL" and "ROFL". I'm not actually laughing out loud or rolling on the floor laughing, I just say that because it was funny.

/random thoughts

I say it and mean it when I get molly-whopped in Arena without getting bagged or body shot. Got to respect class.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't care what pros do from other games

You support halo and stream the damn scrims

Don't call the hand that feeds you entitled, without people tuning into the streams there would be 0 dollars to play for

So swallow your pride, be grateful you get to play games for a living, and help grow this thing

Fucking this^ thank you so much for saying this. It really is a lose-lose situation. We literally wanted to watch them and give them money.

/random thoughts

If it's just stated as GG then it's almost never implied as an act of disrespect. It's commonplace on PC shooters (CSGO and Quake Live, to name a few) and when people mean it in a disrespectful manner, it is often stated differently (GG EZ, BG, GG noob team, Don't come to LANs if you aren't good, etc.)

• Upvote (+1) 3

Eh, Optic usually starts out slow and CoL came out firing on all cylinders.

I have faith in em.

That CoL line up has freakish talent when it comes to SnD. I predict that they will place Top 4 as long as they win at least 1 respawn per series in bracket play. Although it is only pool play, it's a little concerning for Optic fans if Formal and Scump don't heat up today.

I have such mixed feelings about this whole "pros need to stream scrims" situation. I can completely understand where the fans are coming from and I can also see where the pros are coming from. So many other fans would love to have the interaction you guys have with their favorite players/teams, and to be able to watch them practice. Practice is literally just that, it's not about the fans, it's not about anything besides improving. Last night's reaction was completely ridiculous because someone didn't stream their practice. If a tournament wasn't being streamed then a lot of actions last night could be justified. There's a reason no other games stream scrims, it's because full focus should be on gameplay, the team, and improving. Even if you turn on the stream to cater to fans and don't acknowledge it it's still on your mind. If you're getting shit on YOU KNOW the lovely people that want to be catered to are the same ones roasting you. The equation should just be eliminated so that way players can solely focus on getting better. That's the exact reason before HWC there were literally almost no teams streaming. The reaction last night was just completely uncalled for, there were other scrims being streamed and you'll see NV and CLG play in the pro league (where it matters). Many of you would be upset if pros stopped streaming scrims entirely and filled the hole with random YouTube content instead (not saying they shouldnt do YouTube regardless :p ) like CoD did.

Sorry if I came off douchey in this post, I don't mean to. I just have strong feelings on this subject

EDIT: say all pros stopped streaming scrims and it leads to a tournament that anyone can win because the teams are so evenly matched and the competition is great and entertaining. If you don't tune in because they didn't stream their practice leading up to it then that's petty and you're not truly a fan of competitive halo.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I have such mixed feelings about this whole "pros need to stream scrims" situation. I can completely understand where the fans are coming from and I can also see where the pros are coming from. So many other fans would love to have the interaction you guys have with their favorite players/teams, and to be able to watch them practice. Practice is literally just that, it's not about the fans, it's not about anything besides improving. Last night's reaction was completely ridiculous because someone didn't stream their practice. If a tournament wasn't being streamed then a lot of actions last night could be justified. There's a reason no other games stream scrims, it's because full focus should be on gameplay, the team, and improving. Even if you turn on the stream to cater to fans and don't acknowledge it it's still on your mind. If you're getting shit on YOU KNOW the lovely people that want to be catered to are the same ones roasting you. The equation should just be eliminated so that way players can solely focus on getting better. That's the exact reason before HWC there were literally almost no teams streaming. The reaction last night was just completely uncalled for, there were other scrims being streamed and you'll see NV and CLG play in the pro league (where it matters). Many of you would be upset of pros stopped streaming scrims entirely and filled the hole with random YouTube content instead (not saying they shouldnt do YouTube regardless :p ) like CoD did.

Sorry if I came off douchey in this post, I don't mean to. I just have strong feelings on this subject

In terms of viewership we only do decent, when scrims start in the night. Ninja usually gets 2k, Lethul 1k and so on.

I have such mixed feelings about this whole "pros need to stream scrims" situation. I can completely understand where the fans are coming from and I can also see where the pros are coming from. So many other fans would love to have the interaction you guys have with their favorite players/teams, and to be able to watch them practice. Practice is literally just that, it's not about the fans, it's not about anything besides improving. Last night's reaction was completely ridiculous because someone didn't stream their practice. If a tournament wasn't being streamed then a lot of actions last night could be justified. There's a reason no other games stream scrims, it's because full focus should be on gameplay, the team, and improving. Even if you turn on the stream to cater to fans and don't acknowledge it it's still on your mind. If you're getting shit on YOU KNOW the lovely people that want to be catered to are the same ones roasting you. The equation should just be eliminated so that way players can solely focus on getting better. That's the exact reason before HWC there were literally almost no teams streaming. The reaction last night was just completely uncalled for, there were other scrims being streamed and you'll see NV and CLG play in the pro league (where it matters). Many of you would be upset of pros stopped streaming scrims entirely and filled the hole with random YouTube content instead (not saying they shouldnt do YouTube regardless :p ) like CoD did.

I am in full agreement with you, but the core of the discussion was Lethul going back on his word. He specifically said that streaming doesn't affect his scrims and anyone that complains about chat being a distraction is just making excuses. 

It's just suspect that he took a night off on the biggest scrim of the pre-season. 

Water under the bridge, though. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

/random thoughts

In just about every sport, from little league to the pros, it's customary to say Good Game after every competition.

I'm sure people have said it with a smug attitude at times, but I think it's silly that such a harmless phrase could have gained a negative connotation since it's a pretty simple way to show sportsmanship.

I've never said it and not meant it- but I guess this situation explains why I was told to "shut the fuck up n*****" after winning a slayer game 50-49 a few weeks back.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am in full agreement with you, but the core of the discussion was Lethul going back on his word. He specifically said that streaming doesn't affect his scrims and anyone that complains about chat being a distraction is just making excuses.

It's just suspect that he took a night off on the biggest scrim of the pre-season.

Water under the bridge, though.

I can understandard that but I don't believe it doesn't effect him. Especially if you're in the position they're in and lose. He's not losing anything serious so he'll get over it quickly but as it's happening it'll effect anyone if you have 1k ppl roasting you on top of losing. My post was only my pov on the ppl that think scrims need to be streamed