CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

it was only 1 scrim after all, as long as this doesn't become common place there isn't anything really to complain about 

Absolutely, and i dont think it will become common place.  at least i hope not.... idgaf what other esports do.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If I see one more person bitching about Maniac at XP I'm going to lose it

These are literally his best friends competing in the biggest CoD tournament, are you actually not going to go???

• Upvote (+1) 8

For me, last night killed some of that anticipation and hype around the matchup. I am only speaking for myself, but even if the rematch was tonight I wouldn't be as excited to see it as I was last night. To make an analogy: it's like when the two teams who were in the NBA/Stanley Cup finals play each other for the first time the next season. Sure, they might play 2-3-4 times that season, but all of the hype and fervor is in that first game. Missing it sucks and it doesn't feel the same afterward. The cat is out of the bag with CLG vs. NV now. Of course there will be a rematch, but I doubt folks will be climbing over each other and rushing to get in front of Twitch to watch the second time. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

For me, last night killed some of that anticipation and hype around the matchup. I am only speaking for myself, but even if the rematch was tonight I wouldn't be as excited to see it as I was last night. To make an analogy: it's like when the two teams who were in the NBA/Stanley Cup finals play each other for the first time the next season. Sure, they might play 2-3-4 times that season, but all of the hype and fervor is in that first game. Missing it sucks and it doesn't feel the same afterward. The cat is out of the bag with CLG vs. NV now. Of course there will be a rematch, but I doubt folks will be climbing over each other and rushing to get in front of Twitch to watch the second time. 

I feel the exact opposite of this post.

• Upvote (+1) 8

These are literally his best friends competing in the biggest CoD tournament, are you actually not going to go???

Personally I agree with you, but I think the point people make is that to be the best you have to sacrifice - and the guys in the CoD team will know that and respect that.

However, I'd be out there no matter what to support my best friends, so good for him.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel the exact opposite of this post.

If anything the hype has increased now we've seen nV aren't just the next in a line of people who couldn't challenge CLG over a scrim.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Probably not if I had aspirations of playing in my own big tournaments... And there was a nice sized LAN in Chatt that could offer some decent practice.

Sacrifices or whatever

In one hand I agree, it's CoD XP. Biggest CoD tourney of the year by far.

but isn't this like the 3rd-4th time now for the "BtH squad" going?

In the other hand, OpTic could be out of the tourney today.

In the other hand not much is expected from this (Halo) team and they can only go up.

In the other hand I have more hand's than @@Saucey.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Last nights drama and controversy surrounding the nV and CLG scrim was WAY more exciting than all of Pro League season 1 combined. Probably because I am more invested and interested in the actual players and teams then actually watching Halo 5 gameplay at this point in time. 

Did Optic win XP? Or is there more to come? 

@@mediabrute has a monopoly on high quality wrestling gifs, so I had to find another way to demonstrate a heel turn.

If the meme wasn't obvious and in proper context, then you did a good job.

9Q9FWtA.gif

Haha, didn't see Simms until the 4th time through.

Fuck, I burst out laughing after I read this and watched it again. My next patient probably thinks I'm crazy. Thanks @@mediabrute

• Upvote (+1) 2

Haha hadnt spotted him either.

I somehow spotted Simms before Lethul.... Took me a minute to get it

They are in pool play still, they lost 3-2 to Complexity last night (not expected).

Maybe Optic Halo is rubbing off on Optic COD, and not the other way around like we had hoped.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So when people messaged me after games saying GG they were making fun of me? Now I feel like an idiot.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So when people messaged me after games saying GG they were making fun of me? Now I feel like an idiot.

Nah. 

Only if they tweeted it out to the community, alerting the public of the smackdown you just received. 

• Upvote (+1) 4