CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

disagree 100%

just because they aren't literally "obligated" to stream scrims doesn't mean they should be free from criticism 

i'm not obligated to brush my teeth but that doesn't mean people won't tell me my breath stinks 

if you want halo to grow you should want pros to stream scrims

Yeah, but if you have stinky breath, how someone tells you matters. I'm sure you would love it if they waited until you were in a crowded room and said, YOUR BREATH STINKS, DO YOU EVEN BRUSH YOUR TEETH BRO? 

If you want the pro's to stream show them your support and appreciation when they do. When they don't help them understand why you feel they should. Tone Matters, just because we are on the forums we forget about social skills and how would you deal with someone in real life.

Written language is much more difficult to convey tone, keep that in mind on these posts. @@PaPaMikwen always comes off as positive and thoughtful when he posts, we should consider trying to do the same.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

haha good times

(As per the Rules and Regulations of Teambeyond shitposting, I am required to acknowledge that last night's results were Just a Scrim.)

• Upvote (+1) 4

I've been in the pro scene since the end of 2010 and as far back as I can remember publicly tweeting out GG's after scrims is BM. (This doesn't take tweets directly @ someones twitter with a GG or something into the count because that's just telling someone. Not announcing to everyone hey look we won this scrim look at us.) Always has been BM and will be, there was controversy in cod over it and people just started tweeting out every scrim score when it was over, it was pretty petty.  Hell a few months ago someone did it against Clouds team and he called them out too. 

Sure I say some things after wins, but those are wins. That's basically like getting everything out after proving that you were the best team in the tournament. Hell I didn't even say anything directly after beating EG at worlds and the same people who are upset are the ones who tweeted me saying "thats it?" or were expecting something more at the time. Tweeting out GG's after a scrim in a way to announce to everyone that you beat them in it, not in an actual GG's way is BM and always will be. If you don't see that then I don't have anything to say to you. 

As for people who are so annoyed that this scrim wasn't streamed, get over it. I have streamed every scrim except maybe 3 in this game. Eric said he wasn't streaming from Canada on twitter so we just decided hey screw it let's not deal with the complete cancer that is the internet for a night? Stop acting so entitled as if myself or anyone else OWES YOU a stream. 

Final words... It's a scrim I'll live I was just going to say nothing like I do every other scrim of my life until I saw that. Enjoy your drama thank me later. 

I'm a fan, but Eric called you guys a god squad. That's quite the compliment - ignoring the connotations of saying "gg." Also, about the streaming: You put down a lot of heat on players that refused to stream scrims before. We just have high expectations that Lethul doesn't go back on his principles. Reason you have so many fans to begin with. 

That is fucking HOT!

• Upvote (+1) 5

While you guys are all excited about the CLG / nV scrim, I have some bad news for Liquid fans.

Liquid probably won't be scrimming again until Monday.

An explanation will probably surface on Twitter some time later today if it hasn't already.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've been in the pro scene since the end of 2010 and as far back as I can remember publicly tweeting out GG's after scrims is BM. (This doesn't take tweets directly @ someones twitter with a GG or something into the count because that's just telling someone. Not announcing to everyone hey look we won this scrim look at us.) Always has been BM and will be, there was controversy in cod over it and people just started tweeting out every scrim score when it was over, it was pretty petty. Hell a few months ago someone did it against Clouds team and he called them out too.

Sure I say some things after wins, but those are wins. That's basically like getting everything out after proving that you were the best team in the tournament. Hell I didn't even say anything directly after beating EG at worlds and the same people who are upset are the ones who tweeted me saying "thats it?" or were expecting something more at the time. Tweeting out GG's after a scrim in a way to announce to everyone that you beat them in it, not in an actual GG's way is BM and always will be. If you don't see that then I don't have anything to say to you.

As for people who are so annoyed that this scrim wasn't streamed, get over it. I have streamed every scrim except maybe 3 in this game. Eric said he wasn't streaming from Canada on twitter so we just decided hey screw it let's not deal with the complete cancer that is the internet for a night? Stop acting so entitled as if myself or anyone else OWES YOU a stream.

Final words... It's a scrim I'll live I was just going to say nothing like I do every other scrim of my life until I saw that. Enjoy your drama thank me later.

Nobody thinks you owe us a stream. But remember, all of us are why you can play a video game and get paid. Sometimes it may be beneficial to think about both sides rather than assuming you're always right.
  • Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Nobody thinks you owe us a stream. But remember, all of us are why you can play a video game and get paid. Sometimes it may be beneficial to think about both sides rather than assuming you're always right.

1. Yes, they do.

2. Why are people acting like they are the Medici of the pro players?

@@W0uld is the best.  Just started watching the rebroadcast of last night, and this would have been so hype to watch live.  That first Plaza Strongholds game was crazy.  

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Thats where the entitlement comes in. Lethul worked his ass off to get where he is and it wasnt because of us that he can play a video game and get paid. its because of his work, his skill, and his dedication. 

While you guys are all excited about the CLG / nV scrim, I have some bad news for Liquid fans.

Liquid probably won't be scrimming again until Monday.

An explanation will probably surface on Twitter some time later today if it hasn't already.

There are Liquid fans?

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've been in the pro scene since the end of 2010 and as far back as I can remember publicly tweeting out GG's after scrims is BM. (This doesn't take tweets directly @ someones twitter with a GG or something into the count because that's just telling someone. Not announcing to everyone hey look we won this scrim look at us.) Always has been BM and will be, there was controversy in cod over it and people just started tweeting out every scrim score when it was over, it was pretty petty. Hell a few months ago someone did it against Clouds team and he called them out too.

Wow, somebody's grumpy. As I recall, the best way to stay classy... Is to not give in and partake in senseless drama.

Well, that ship has sailed!

disagree 100%

just because they aren't literally "obligated" to stream scrims doesn't mean they should be free from criticism 

i'm not obligated to brush my teeth but that doesn't mean people won't tell me my breath stinks 

if you want halo to grow you should want pros to stream scrims

I said we don't have a right to BITCH about it.  I try to pick my language carefully when i post and bitching about something is much different than complaining or requesting.

Saying, "damn I wish they were streaming this scrim" or "hey @@LethuL, can you stream this scrim next time? i want to see the most anticipated matchup of the season! k thx" or something with a similar tone  is much different than the blaming and shitposting that was going on here last night.

Of course i want the pros to scrim, i never said that i didnt.  in fact i specifically stated the opposite

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thats where the entitlement comes in. Lethul worked his ass off to get where he is and it wasnt because of us that he can play a video game and get paid. its because of his work, his skill, and his dedication.

Nah man, i don't care if he streamed it or not. Him being the best player in the game doesn't make him money if nobody watches the game.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

@@mediabrute has a monopoly on high quality wrestling gifs, so I had to find another way to demonstrate a heel turn.

Didn't make sense until it was explained here.

Now I love it.

• Upvote (+1) 6

it is 100% because of us that he can play a video game for a living

same goes for any athlete in any sport

esports aren't a charity, it's a business 

I said we don't have a right to BITCH about it.  I try to pick my language carefully when i post and bitching about something is much different than complaining or requesting.

oh okay, i don't disagree

it was only 1 scrim after all, as long as this doesn't become common place there isn't anything really to complain about 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1