CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Happy birthday, mate! Hope you had a good one!

First accidental neg. Sorry, bud. :(

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I bought ONE order of chicken fries yesterday and now my whole car smells like them.

I like Ola.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ever since we started getting weekly league matches I've lost interest in watching scrims.

Something something overexposure.

I wake up to seeing TJ in defense mode, trying to justify his reaction. Then moments later Eric apologing for saying "GGs".

What a contrast in tone.

Anyway, it sucks that the pros didn't stream. The entire scene was looking forward to it. Still, they don't have to if they don't want to. Big Ups to W0uld for doing a great job last night, on short notice. As much as I don't like Spectator mode, I'm glad we have it!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think we all need to chill out a bit and be more thoughtful. My thoughts on the night.

- Yes this was a great missed opportunity for viewers in Halo

- No the pros do not have any obligation to stream scrims

- Yes, twitch is a distraction even if you're used to it.

- No Snipedown should not have "tweeted" gg if it is known bad form.

- No Lethul should not have lashed out and gloated about how amazing the last 9 months have been for CLG to teach Eric a lesson.

- Yes Lethul v Snipedown hype is probably a good thing they should play up, especially leading up to tournaments.

Pros and Fans are in a symbiotic relationship. Pros need the fans to support the game to allow them to play that is true. However, we have a special relationship in that we get to directly interact with the pros via twitch and TB. Getting to see scrims is pretty awesome, we should feel privileged not entitled to see them. Shitting on them constantly will just push them away. Final note in general, we are anonymous the pros are not please consider that as well.

Also @@W0uld please post nonsense 10 times in a row so and I can burn all my upvotes on you. Way to step up!

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

All I get from the Lethul /Snipedown tweetoff is that both players care about winning more than anything else. 

This is nothing but a good thing. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

I don't care what pros do from other games

You support halo and stream the damn scrims

Don't call the hand that feeds you entitled, without people tuning into the streams there would be 0 dollars to play for

So swallow your pride, be grateful you get to play games for a living, and help grow this thing

I wish I could up-vote this more. While I understand their reasoning for not streaming it, attacking the community as if we are acting entitled is pushing it a bit far. Yes, we are disappointed; but with good reason, no? This was the most anticipated, over-hyped practice scrimmages I have ever seen and it was a blackout game. The worst part: it turned out to be a damn good scrim too. Of course people are going to be disappointed/upset, especially when the reasons given for not streaming were... not great. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

So I guess the nV CLG scrim went, what, 9-5 nV? Yeah, I'm disappointed no one streamed the scrims but it's not like there is any obligation for pros to. This was also the first scrim that CLG has lost since they first formed pretty sure. My point being, this was one scrim. It was bound to happen for CLG to lose a scrim, anyway. Granted, nV looks like a great team but the season hasn't even started yet. If anything this probably makes CLG even more hungry to prove people wrong. Whether people would agree with me or not, CLG is still hands down the best team in the league. One scrim isn't going to change that.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@W0uld

Is the real MVP thanks for doing what the players on CLG/nV couldn't/wouldn't do and the casting was pretty good as well.

So here is a compromise that I think the Pro/fans should take seriously.  Teams are not required to stream their scims, the fact that some do is an amazing thing for the fans.  We should absolutely in no way bitch when they decide not to.  However... if they decide not to stream, i think it would be great for one player on the team to stay online and come to someone like @@W0uld and ask if they want to cast the scrim.  

That way the fans still get to watch, even if spectator mode sucks.  The players don't have to worry about paying any kind of attention to their twitch chats or worry about their comms being overheard. And new people can get exposed to more viewers.

Pros streaming themselves is still better from a spectator perspective, but i see why they would not want to stream all the time and think this could "fill the gap"

They did come back from being down 6-3, but they scrimmed EG last week and won 12-2 so I really don't think it could be considered impressive

I think both teams should be happy with the scrim results.  EG got shit on by the same team not long ago, so they have progressed.  E6 has been getting shit on recently and stepped it up a bit against an EG squad that is much better than we thought they were going to be.

Correct. 

Unless you're playing on an alt, no way of hiding those.

If Halo 5 on PC has the ability to play those directly from the website, i would shit myself.

Every update these melee's get worse, it happened last event too and it never happened at events before last one. They really gotta fix their stuff. 

Also lol I clicked next randomly on that video and I found this, I didn't even know he records these things mid scrims http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/RoyaI%202/video/21156666

Royal 2 has got to get better internet. There must be SOMETHING he can do to stop getting dropped from games. New router, new modem, new ISP, run PingPlotter for a day and prove to the ISP that the connection is dogshit and they need to correct it. something.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That was so much fucking fun to catch up on. I love you beyond.

I'm bummed I passed out so early. @@W0uld any chance you can upload those games to your YouTube?

• Upvote (+1) 4

That was so much fucking fun to catch up on. I love you beyond.

I'm bummed I passed out so early. @@W0uld any chance you can upload those games to your YouTube?

You can watch the whole broadcast from his twitch channel.  Gonna be watching the whole damn thing this evening!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Teams are not required to stream their scims, the fact that some do is an amazing thing for the fans.  We should absolutely in no way bitch when they decide not to.  

disagree 100%

just because they aren't literally "obligated" to stream scrims doesn't mean they should be free from criticism 

i'm not obligated to brush my teeth but that doesn't mean people won't tell me my breath stinks 

if you want halo to grow you should want pros to stream scrims

• Upvote (+1) 6

the halo community doesn't have a k******* because we aren't all ten year olds

we wouldn't allow that to exist 

Didn't he start in Halo?

RIP my rep-giving for today, it lasted a good 15 minutes(after getting caught up in the last 23 pages).

:mj:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Didn't he start in Halo?

yeah but all he did was record himself yelling at children on xbox live

he didn't do halo drama alert bs