CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Although I see where you are coming from you shouldn't act as though pros are required or forced to stream scrims. nV has never streamed scrims until Eric joined, and he tweeted that he wouldn't be streaming from Canada which is how we came up with the idea of just trying to keep it casual and just play halo. Like I said I get 1000% where you are coming from since we are trying to grow the scene, but lets not forget other games do not stream scrims and players aren't required. Saying things like "are we going to let it slide" "unacceptable" is silly to do. One night of us just not wanting to deal with the chat and relax a little bit instead of knowing people are saying "downfall of CLG" after we lose a 100-95 SH game. Also one night of not streaming is not going to make or break the scene. 

I don't disagree with what you said but you shouldn't hold that mentality that you aren't obligated to show scrims. Even sports show their meaningless preseason games, and you can't compare Halo it to larger esports because their scene is already established. Players should feel obligated to appeal to fans in anyway possible and streaming a high profile scrim is a perfect way to do so. You're absolutely right that one night isn't going to make or break the scene, but over time things like this add up and it can only help. I appreciate your feedback and I feel bad if I came across as snarky. You are a great player and personally one of my favorite pros, keep up the good work.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Just a slight nitpick but can't you just delay the stream by like a minute for money matches and that problem is solved?

Can't you just go to Waypoint and bookmark any film you want? I was under the impression that you could, and if so, not streaming won't exactly stop people from seeing your strategies.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Can't you just go to Waypoint and bookmark any film you want? I was under the impression that you could, and if so, not streaming won't exactly stop people from seeing your strategies.

Correct. 

Unless you're playing on an alt, no way of hiding those.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think he's referring to the other team watching there streams during scrims to get intel they wouldn't otherwise have which could be solved by delaying the stream if they really wanted to.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I might have got carried away it's just disappointing as a fan of Halo to see the potential viewership opportunity wasted. We aren't as big as LoL or CSGO so scrims are an important part of growing viewership. At the very least appear online so people can spectate live and stream them. @@W0uld did a fantastic job tonight, but he had to download the games and was extremely behind the live series.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Correct.

Unless you're playing on an alt, no way of hiding those.

Damn. @pro players if you're playing on your main tag you might as well stream then. Unless you wanna go ultra-undercover. Or is it the things you say that you don't want the other team to hear? Then you could mute the stream. Idk I just don't want a hype ass scrim to not be streamed again, it really sucks.

I've been in the pro scene since the end of 2010 and as far back as I can remember publicly tweeting out GG's after scrims is BM. (This doesn't take tweets directly @ someones twitter with a GG or something into the count because that's just telling someone. Not announcing to everyone hey look we won this scrim look at us.) Always has been BM and will be, there was controversy in cod over it and people just started tweeting out every scrim score when it was over, it was pretty petty.  Hell a few months ago someone did it against Clouds team and he called them out too. 

Sure I say some things after wins, but those are wins. That's basically like getting everything out after proving that you were the best team in the tournament. Hell I didn't even say anything directly after beating EG at worlds and the same people who are upset are the ones who tweeted me saying "thats it?" or were expecting something more at the time. Tweeting out GG's after a scrim in a way to announce to everyone that you beat them in it, not in an actual GG's way is BM and always will be. If you don't see that then I don't have anything to say to you. 

As for people who are so annoyed that this scrim wasn't streamed, get over it. I have streamed every scrim except maybe 3 in this game. Eric said he wasn't streaming from Canada on twitter so we just decided hey screw it let's not deal with the complete cancer that is the internet for a night? Stop acting so entitled as if myself or anyone else OWES YOU a stream. 

Final words... It's a scrim I'll live I was just going to say nothing like I do every other scrim of my life until I saw that. Enjoy your drama thank me later. 

• Upvote (+1) 33
  • Downvote (-1) 63

I've been in the pro scene since the end of 2010 and as far back as I can remember publicly tweeting out GG's after scrims is BM. (This doesn't take tweets directly @ someones twitter with a GG or something into the count because that's just telling someone. Not announcing to everyone hey look we won this scrim look at us.) Always has been BM and will be, there was controversy in cod over it and people just started tweeting out every scrim score when it was over, it was pretty petty. Hell a few months ago someone did it against Clouds team and he called them out too.

Sure I say some things after wins, but those are wins. That's basically like getting everything out after proving that you were the best team in the tournament. Hell I didn't even say anything directly after beating EG at worlds and the same people who are upset are the ones who tweeted me saying "thats it?" or were expecting something more at the time. Tweeting out GG's after a scrim in a way to announce to everyone that you beat them in it, not in an actual GG's way is BM and always will be. If you don't see that then I don't have anything to say to you.

As for people who are so annoyed that this scrim wasn't streamed, get over it. I have streamed every scrim except maybe 3 in this game. Eric said he wasn't streaming from Canada on twitter so we just decided hey screw it let's not deal with the complete cancer that is the internet for a night? Stop acting so entitled as if myself or anyone else OWES YOU a stream.

Final words... It's a scrim I'll live I was just going to say nothing like I do every other scrim of my life until I saw that. Enjoy your drama thank me later.

Dude, for the first time EVER you guys lost a scrim. Why wouldn't he tweet it out that's a rare occurrence. Plus, you don't usually have to tweet out results because the games are usually streamed ;)
  • Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

In light of what happened tonight, i kind of wish the Halo Youtube channel would upload more videos like this to throw some storylines out there

• Upvote (+1) 1

In light of what happened tonight, i kind of wish the Halo Youtube channel would upload more videos like this to throw some storylines out there

I agree with this 100%. I feel like Cod pros, optic in general, are so good about posting content, giving viewers a better experience imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It is cool to pick sides and everything, but it is well known pros don't tweet ggs to each other after scrims since we always post it to a Skype group we are all in. I get why Eric did it since it was a really good win for them and I defiantly think it got taken out of hand, but Eric would have thought the same thing we did when he saw that tweet if he was in our situation. Either way it's all good. Thought it  was a really good scrim for both teams. Have a good night dudes.

Be warned when I start rooting for a team they never win. Just happened to wear my CLG jersey tonight. 

With the amount of stock footage + gameplay recorded since the HCS started, I'm surprised we don't see more content on the players & teams. Have someone write a little script on the history between Lethul and Snipedown and the newly formed CLG vs NV rivalry. Shit, interview these players on the HCS podcast, ask some hard hitting questions, and lay in the audio during the video. This kind of content can easily be made for the HCS Pro League, during the Fall Season.

Telling these stories makes the HCS so much more interesting to watch. People need a reason to love or dislike certain teams.

• Upvote (+1) 6