CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

LOL someone just came into Ninja's stream suggested he should be playing H1Z1 instead of Dead by Daylight so he is prepared for the invitational.... We've come full circle

We have. Can't make everyone happy when you are a pro in 2 games and play games for fun. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Keemstar (of youtube notoriety) just congratulated Walshy on the job. 

This is the closest thing we're getting to famous people acknowledging pro Halo, savor it

Keemstar is a fucking low life.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Anyone else here that only goes to this thread? This thread is literally TB for me. I can't imagine posting somewhere else haha. 

CLG vs NV doe..

Might have to get a pizza. 

same exact way. HCS thread is where it's at

Walshy suddenly got very busy.

That's Kevin Franklin's new studio.

Damn.  Checked out the staff page.  Didn't realize how many people he poached from 343.  They must hate him over there.

Well, low TTK is not always a bad thing. Take, for example, CS. CS has a relatively low TTK overall; but where the game really succeeds is in the fact that it rewards players for aiming well and punishes players for spray n' pray. Thus, you can 1 shot with an ak if you score a headshot; or you can kill  player in 5-6 shots with the same weapon if your aim is all over the place.

Its also different in CS because its a round-based game so you get punished badly for dying, forcing you to play incredibly strategically. CoD has such low TTK and fast respawn that it barely matters.

That's one of the reasons that makes competitive Halo compelling for me. It's better not to die because it takes you out of the game for 8 seconds, but at the same time the TTK is high enough that dying can be the "right move" so to speak since it will delay the opponents for a few seconds.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is what we class as famous now?

Christ.

Yes, I said "closest thing" to famous. The dude's a dickbag but he has a big following, which was my point. Not saying it's good or bad. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Call of Duty Thread

Titanfall 2 Thread

Let's try to stay on topic, a lot of people want to be able to discuss HCS (like tonight's NV/CLG scrim... hype) without the clutter. If you mention Call of Duty and how the HCS can take elements from their broadcast/production/style, obviously that is relevant but lets keep raw discussion for those topics in the appropriate threads.

Are we getting a haiku thread too? 

Edit: Would rather have Keemstar never mention anything about Halo.  

Or just anything in general.  

I hope we can all agree when I say FUCK KEEMSTAR!

On topic though if no one streams this CLG VS. NV scrim I will be up all night crying.

the halo community doesn't have a k******* because we aren't all ten year olds

we wouldn't allow that to exist 

Walshy suddenly got very busy.

That's Kevin Franklin's new studio.

I love Washly's multiplayer design philosophy. I despise Kevin Franklin's multiplayer design philosophy. So, I am not sure what to think about this. Great for Walshy though. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

T2 was on bottles, not cans. Also the spacing is messed up badly in one paragraph, it may just be mobile. I'm not sure if the articles intention is to describe the game as well as the esports scene, but there's literally nothing about why halo is a good esport to follow in your write up.

Fixed T2 and I replaced Nadeshot with Formal. 

I disagree with your assertion because I give a light overview of the current scene, history, and potential it has for the future. 

Also I can cover Halo now. Boss saw traffic come from Team Beyond. 

Wooo. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The question I'm waiting to see answered:

Was Kevin Franklin's influence on Halo because of his own personal views, or because of higher-ups/Publishers telling him what to do based off Focus Testing feedback?

That is true. I guess we will see once they show off their first title. 

The question I'm waiting to see answered:

Was Kevin Franklin's influence on Halo because of his own personal views, or because of higher-ups/Publishers telling him what to do based off Focus Testing feedback?

I remember @@Saucey and Kevin had a decently heated discussion about sprint and stuff at H4GC in 2013. So yea..

Best of luck to Walshy!

• Upvote (+1) 2

So MLG is sponsoring Destiny now.

-At 10 AM on tuesday, there will be a six v six Bo5 between well known destiny players... Casted by Puckett, Benson, and MTashed (destiny youtuber)... 

-They are also having a small FFA tourney with SWAG from bungie store (collectibles, pins, etc.)

you can read more about it here: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45135/7_This-Week-At-Bungie---09012016

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's like every popular game is being done by MLG now

Activision published Destiny, so this one shouldn't be too much of a surprise.

Is MLG still doing CSGO stuff since the acquisition?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dont understand when people say cod gunfights are all who gets the first shot. Have they ever seen CoD gameplay? There is huge potential to turn on people and to get multikills. Probably happens more in CoD than in Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

It's like every popular game is being done by MLG now

krabs.jpg

That isn't really a good use of the meme, but your point was true

Edit: the gene wilder condescending wonka would've been better

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

That isn't really a good use of the meme, but your point was true

Edit: the gene wilder condescending wonka would've been better

I think this one fits more appropriately

bnyc4rs.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5

+rep whoever dresses the cod xp casters analysts and hosts.

Ok on topic: I watched a scrim for the first time the other night and I'm an EG fan now.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1