CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Have you seen default settings Narrows?

Narrows could be saved, but there's no saving any of H5's DLC maps, I'd rather have remakes than whatever they were trying to do with their DLC.

They should do an H3 DLC with like Narrows, Pit, and Guardian.  Even though we really don't need many more maps or game types,

• Upvote (+1) 3

They should do an H3 DLC with like Narrows, Pit, and Guardian.  Even though we really don't need many more maps or game types,

Narrows lifts + thruster pack = being able to get anywhere on the map in seconds.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Torque with two snipes is a better version of narrows anyway.h3 had shit maps. Narrows was trash especially because of the br. If it were in h5 you'd see nothing but "omg two big ass lifts why 343" posts.

In fact rig, coli, Fathom > h3 default maps

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I've just been mindlessly scrolling through the past couple pages and then I read this. Please god no Narrows. 

ya i didn't really think about that

Torque with two snipes is a better version of narrows anyway.h3 had shit maps. Narrows was trash especially because of the br. If it were in h5 you'd see nothing but "omg two big ass lifts why 343" posts.

In fact rig, coli, Fathom > h3 default maps

Torque isn't a better version of anything. Plus it doesn't even resemble Narrows at all. I don't even need to respond to anything else.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I've just been mindlessly scrolling through the past couple pages and then I read this. Please god no Narrows.

Yea I play on a Narrows map in customs, and when I played with Spartan abilities on the first thing I noticed was how broken it would be with the lifts. That and radar making low pushes useless.

Mercy is gonna have a similar issue being a 2 level map.

But doood the thrust out of man cannon ground pounds would be sweeeeet

Yea I play on a Narrows map in customs, and when I played with Spartan abilities on the first thing I noticed was how broken it would be with the lifts. That and radar making low pushes useless.

Mercy is gonna have a similar issue being a 2 level map.

Idk if anyone has been in my stream when I talked about Haven (I can't call it mercy yet I gotta respect H4) but I've been saying that Haven had a decent system where low pushes were a thing especially since there were a decent amount of ways to get up top from low. With radar it might actually make something that worked in H4 not work lol. We'll see how it goes. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just to give people an idea.

et65CzZ.gif

EDIT: Ignore the green crap. I forgot to turn a setting off.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Idk if anyone has been in my stream when I talked about Haven (I can't call it mercy yet I gotta respect H4) but I've been saying that Haven had a decent system where low pushes were a thing especially since there were a decent amount of ways to get up top from low. With radar it might actually make something that worked in H4 not work lol. We'll see how it goes.

Hopefully it's good man. Would be nice to have another map.

I said this once they added 2 snipes and cut out the hole in top mid. It plays decent, better than any other trash we've gotten including stasis. But then there's the random map element of the courtyard silo's which can break the entire game. Flags instantly returning on them, sometimes they are up causing people to be able to use them. Probably not the best idea to have constant scenarios be left to chance. If it had stationary silos like stasis Torque would be my pick for next game shoved into the rotation for no reason.

Yeah I said the silos should be stationary or shootable like Eden. Don't know why they didn't try that
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Fj6F1t3.gif

Don't forget ground pound. The amount of people that would just lift and ground pound people top mid would be insane. Or just lift, get shot, and thrust back to your base.

EDIT: Ignore the green crap. I forgot to turn a setting off.

LOOK AT ALL THAT META. WE NEED NARROWS IN COMP H5

Don't forget ground pound. The amount of people that would just lift and ground pound people top mid would be insane. Or just lift, get shot, and thrust back to your base.

Yup.

I would have been able to get greater height but this guy placed invisible blockers to try and stop this from happening. 

Just move the lifts further away?

You could widen the map so that when you lift and thrust, you would still have to stabilized in order to make the jump, leaving you vulnerable.  Although you couldn't call it Narrows anymore.  :lxthul: 

• Upvote (+1) 1