CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Anyone know why OpTic were blue team when they won winners finals. Shouldn't they have been red?

nV's first seed from ProLeague carries through regardless of whether they're playing a team that's beaten them in the tournament. I thought it was strange too, though.

• Upvote (+1) 5

So glad that nV finally beat Optic on LAN during a major event and certain individuals will have to eat crow now that optic is no longer undefeated on LAN. Also really glad for Ola proving in that he's still got it I can't believe some people thought he was washed.

Also SO fucking glad that we finally have all 8 teams going to finals for the next pro league season no teams should be sitting at home and the relegation teams now have something to actually play for.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All said, I can't wait for rostermania. But I think NV just awakened a sleeping dragon.

I sincerely have no idea what four players can possibly compete with nV / OpTic.  8 out of the top 8 players (or top 10 players, arguably) are on the top 2 teams, imo

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think every team outside of Optic/nV should be considering making roster changes and maybe Liquid because they're basically playing for 3rd place at this point.

This event really showcased that there's still a sizeable between nV/Optic and the other teams I really can't see any of the other teams doing what nV did today.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So glad that nV finally beat Optic on LAN during a major event and certain individuals will have to eat crow now that optic is no longer undefeated on LAN. Also really glad for Ola proving in that he's still got it I can't believe some people thought he was washed.

Also SO fucking glad that we finally have all 8 teams going to finals for the next pro league season no teams should be sitting at home and the relegation teams now have something to actually play for.

Who's eating crow? Still got more wins overall. Still got more lan wins. And nV barely won (thx slayer on rig). Eating crow would also assume we thought, anyone of us thought Optic losing was basically impossible. Did anyone think that? No. Did we think that Optic had a better chance of winning? yeah.

You can try and be smug over the win if you want but we didn't come to our conclusion for nothing. And I'm still not convinced that with a win like that that nV  can be said to be better. Equal maybe. But not "better".

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 16

Just a random team I think bubu stellur commonly eco could be good but it's really hard to think of a team that can form on par with nv and optic

• Upvote (+1) 1

Since this thread may close soon, i wanted to say fair well to the fall season. It was insanely frustrating at time.at times it felt like halo was fading away. But hitting the viewers we got and the quality of this tournament showed that there is fire left in this game.

This past week has made it all the struggle, long forum posts, and flame wars over settings and format worth it now that we see what we've asked for come to light.

This next year is going to be awesome. See you all in the HWC 2017 thread! WE BACK FAM

• Upvote (+1) 4

4. NV is sick, it's awesome to see Pistola and Mikwen on top in under 9 months from not being at Worlds.

I distinctly remember multiple people here calling Pistola washed. I hope they got to see what happened today.

For the love of all things holy, let Shotzy play in 2017.

Shotzy, Falcated, Bubu, and Stellur would be a dope team of young guns.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I hope both Optic and NV stay together. All today proves is that they are very equally matched. Hopefully Worlds doesn't end in 4-0 sweep this time!

I sincerely have no idea what four players can possibly compete with nV / OpTic.  8 out of the top 8 players (or top 10 players, arguably) are on the top 2 teams, imo

Roy Spartan Bubu and Shooter/Commonly/Stellur/Contra can imo

While I'm happy for everyone on nV I'm mostly excited for Pistola. What a turnaround year. Honestly feels like a sports movie story.

• Upvote (+1) 3

all this talk about ola being washed or nah and people are lowkey not talking about huke carrying. still not sure how he's not Envy's "royal 2" according to T2

Tell us how you really feel.

I know you're being a tool but I'll bite.

I think nV was the better team today and the better team won. I do not want to in the slightest take away their win especially since Pistol, Huke, And Mikwen are three of my favorite players in Halo.

I just don't think anyone who didn't think nV would win is really eating crow. To me, that would be if we thought it was impossible. I don't think anyone thought it would be impossible, just hard. Especially considering OC.

There's a little more nuance to my post that you can't get by reading it online. I'm upset they lost sure, like you tried to point out, but that's because I like the team. But you know, I'm also even happier with everything else, that we had a awesome finals, that we had so many viewers, that things in the esports scene are changing. I'm also sincerely proud of nV for pulling an upset like that against the reigning champions.

I just think it's weird that he acts like we thought it was impossible or something when we were just rooting for our team and looking at past events.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Who's eating crow? Still got more wins overall. Still got more lan wins. And nV barely won (thx slayer on rig). Eating crow would also assume we thought, anyone of us thought Optic losing was basically impossible. Did anyone think that? No. Did we think that Optic had a better chance of winning? yeah.

You can try and be smug over the win if you want but we didn't come to our conclusion for nothing. And I'm still not convinced that with a win like that that nV  can be said to be better. Equal maybe. But not "better".

The people who constantly underestimated nV and certain smug optic fans acted like Optic was nigh unbeatable on LAN have to eat crow because they lost on LAN. Also more wins doesn't mean anything if they lost when it really mattered they come out of the event as the champs nV did.

Also I never said nV was better I'm just glad that nV has proved themselves on LAN that they're capable of taking down Optic which many people doubted.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just gonna drop a post here and hope they decide the close the thread right now.

If you see this post in 2017 pm me and leave me good vibes please.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Didn't you hear Reiku78? OpTic is definitely dropping Frosty. :simms:

Reiku seriously has no foresight or basic knowledge of the overall esports scene for halo. Can't believe anyone could take themselves seriously with such a comment.

@@UGCevents

Speaking of UGC since all eight pro teams should be attending I really hope that there will be a secondary stream avaliable when we get to the championship bracket so we can see ALL the matches not just the ones on mainstage.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The people who constantly underestimated nV and certain smug optic fans acted like Optic was nigh unbeatable on LAN have to eat crow because they lost on LAN. Also more wins doesn't mean anything if they lost when it really mattered they come out of the event as the champs nV did.

Also I never said nV was better I'm just glad that nV has proved themselves on LAN that they're capable of taking down Optic which many people doubted.

I'm an Optic fan, but I'm also realistic. They skipped two tournaments. They couldn't get scrims, even though they tried frequently. They simply didn't practice as much as they have, and it showed. That's the reality. The better prepared team won, that's how competition goes, and even though it stings to say, nV without question deserves the win.

• Upvote (+1) 2