CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

https://clips.twitch.tv/halo/BreakableArmadillo4Head

frosty reloaded fuel then it glitched and went back to 2 shots left

my theory on this - just a guess.  the reload animation is not finished until the gun is fully lifted back up into ready position, even though it shows the spartan putting the new clip into the gun.  he may have switched guns too fast?

edit - the ammo indicator showed the full clip tho.  weird bug.  

Sucks if a glitch cost them the game. That said, there was another NV member behind Frosty (that's how Huke killed him).

• Upvote (+1) 2

Fuel rod aside, optic did a shit job holding pink. They kept overloading carb for no reason, and were forced to scurry bottom middle all the time. Nv wasn't even stacking pink like that either. Whatever happened to the team that cut the map in half and trapped teams at carb? I miss that CLG/optic

• Upvote (+1) 3

Huke really carried BreadstickBoy to a win today. I'm happy Ola got a win, and I'm warming up to Mikwen. Really hype event, and I'm super excited for what's to come.

:lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 16

I'm so excited for the expanded finals format in future seasons.

Great weekend of Halo and memes. Now I'm going to continue drinking to forget the Hawks game today. See you guys on the other side.

I'm a big Mikwen fan, so it's really nice to see him winning again. Also really nice to see a happy Ola.

Big win for everyone this weekend. 2017 is shaping up to be a great year, and I think this was potentially the best Halo 5 event yet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've just ran into a custom and tried this out now. I can't get my gun to "reload" and then refund the ammo, it just doesn't happen except for rare circumstances like in that clip. False reloads isn't exactly a new concept to Halo, even on LAN.

Extremely unfortunate but I highly doubt anything will be done about it at this point.

At no point should the game be telling you a gun is reloaded only to change its mind when the weapon is no longer in use. That needs to be addressed ASAP.

It genuinely looks like he YY'd out of the animation right at the very end of it. Which is to say, he canceled the reload right on the exact threshold of where the gun would register the reload occurring. I've noticed that the bullet information in the corner will update before the animation is complete, but if you cancel the animation close to that threshold, the game acts as if the reload never occurred. I think this was probably added to the code to stop quick reload glitches like in halo 2.

Hate to see a glitch play such a big role in a huge match like that. Very unfortunate.

If halo settings become as competitive as possible going into worlds 2017 is gonna be a great year for halo

I think Optic would agree that regardless of the momentum shift in that game (with the double reload) they had more opportunities to win the series beforehand.

I just don't want to put an asterisk on the results because of that one moment.

Extremely fair point, and as an Optic fan, I completely agree. They didn't clutch up when they needed to, and Huke absolutely abused them for it. nV played great today.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think Optic would agree that regardless of the momentum shift in that game (with the double reload) they had more opportunities to win the series beforehand.

Plus, yeah, it sucked, but it was still a close game with plenty left to play at that point, and Huke was allowed to run game with it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yeah, there shouldn't be an asterisk or anything on the nV win, it's nothing like Hysteria's Xbox against Classic. Just feel like it's important to point out after how hard T2 and Elamite were going in on Frosty, it's kind of understandable why Frosty would jump out switching to fuel rod since the HUD showed it reloaded.

• Upvote (+1) 3