CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Is it really needed for HCS? 

The HCS uses the closed servers which for the most part work fine. The only people this would benefit (if Halo 5: Forge supported LAN) would be non-HCS events. 

Halo 5's resolution will hardly be dropping during Arena 4v4 games, so that shouldn't be an issue and even if it did, I doubt we'd notice it. Plus the frame rate will be 60 99% of the time.

If it exists and is possible then it should be used. The best looking and best performance wise should always be chosen when available. The real benefit however would be to the rest of us. If H5 PC supports LAN that means everyone else can setup stuff at LAN centers and smaller events without getting shafted by the fact that they don't have access to the closed server hardware that 343 brings. No matter how big or small the improvements something would be gained for everyone if H5 PC works well and supports LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The only reason I bought an XB1 was for MCC because I was a diehard fan.

Then I just wanted to die... hard.

i did the same thing. was not exactly happy with my choice.

Xbox gamers: I like my Xbox and I like watching professionals Play Xbox as well.

PC gamers: lol you're wrong.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Xbox gamers: I like my Xbox and I like watching professionals Play Xbox as well.

"I like my Xbox" is not a valid reason to keep Halo from going on the PC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I'm not even going to get into if they would use m/kb or controller lol. Just using the PC hardware with a controller plugged into it would be a step up. Which I suspect is pretty similar to what already goes on at 343 sponsored events. 

TL:DR We don't want halo on PC because

• Mouse is difficult
  • My precious xbox would be useless
  • We don't really want halo to grow

Got it.

That's a shit build for $800

Has WIndows 10, Monitor, Speakers, and the 750TI is still a great card. 

Granted you could save $100 on a different case but look at my sig. Intel Xeon can game just fine and is a lo better than a similarily priced core i3 for video editing. You could replace the 750TI with a higher priced R9 380 or a RX480 but then that's more money. 

Objectivity? get out of here bro this is not halowaypoint

If you guys are trying to push that build for Halo disregarding every other part that 750 is somewhat below the 970 (probably cheaper than a 780 tbh) they recommend for 1080 @ 60 FPS. If you were looking for a 700 series card you'd be looking at a 780 for similar performance. 

I would prefer to see Halo stick to Xbox, but I have no problem if most people want to move it to a superior platform.

Yeah I'm not even going to get into if they would use m/kb or controller lol. Just using the PC hardware with a controller plugged into it would be a step up. Which I suspect is pretty similar to what already goes on at 343 sponsored events. 

I play Witcher 3 on PC with a controller, I play racing games with a controller on PC but playing a shooter on a PC with a controller is just silly.

I think people are being a bit to precious with their xbox. CoD's platform split makes complete sense, and Halo would be in an even better position because Microsoft has power over all platforms and esports; no exclusivity.

esports can remain untouched, while the playerbase gets a huge boost. Not to mention mods and server browsers most likely. Win-win

• Upvote (+1) 5

Had the idea of making an earnings/hour spreadsheet based on the earnings shared by @@Moses_FPS however I don't really have a reliable way to track how many hours each pro has spent on the game. I was going to use H5Arena, but I think that only tracks matchmaking and doesn't include custom games, unless I'm mistaken? Even then, there's alternative gamertags and other things that will influence the idea.

Despite this, I did a couple current teams just to show what it would have looked like. I'm probably not going to finish it unless I can figure out a way to include custom games in time played.

e15b824df2d32a303c3d91d89c0170a6.png

Time Played is based off of Halo5Arena Playlist stats for each pro's main gamertag. Earnings are based off that previously mentioned chart.

Please let me know if you have an idea of how to track time better. I'd really like to complete this.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Halo on a PC+Controller is a fantastic idea IMO. Halo on a PC w/ M+K is an better idea. Despite being a console kid from the beginning, there is no world where FPS with a controller is better than FPS with a K+M.

If Halo were to competitively move to M+KB expect for 90% of the current pros to be phased out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Had the idea of making an earnings/hour spreadsheet based on the earnings shared by @@Moses_FPS however I don't really have a reliable way to track how many hours each pro has spent on the game. I was going to use H5Arena, but I think that only tracks matchmaking and doesn't include custom games, unless I'm mistaken? Even then, there's alternative gamertags and other things that will influence the idea.

Despite this, I did a couple current teams just to show what it would have looked like. I'm probably not going to finish it unless I can figure out a way to include custom games in time played.

e15b824df2d32a303c3d91d89c0170a6.png

Time Played is based off of Halo5Arena Playlist stats for each pro's main gamertag. Earnings are based off that previously mentioned chart.

Please let me know if you have an idea of how to track time better. I'd really like to complete this.

Id like to see time spent in scrims if that's possible with the website.

There's more casters than Pro Players in H5

Now that's just too many personalities to care about.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I don't understand people who seem to think that M+KB are super hard to use and Controllers are easy. I feel like it is the opposite. Someone using a controller for the first time will be complete shit and won't be able to aim at all. With a mouse that's not the case.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I don't understand people who seem to think that M+KB are super hard to use and Controllers are easy. I feel like it is the opposite. Someone using a controller for the first time will be complete shit and won't be able to aim at all. With a mouse that's not the case.

I got a pc in January and picked up M+KB within a week of RB6:Siege and CSGO

It's not hard at all

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd say its just very different. I've been playing Quake/CS for most of my life as well as Halo since it released when I was 10 and the way you set yourself up and move is so different. If I had to describe the difference in the most honest way possible I'd say the difference is the level of mastery that can be attained by an individual on PC is much higher because the input device reflects their raw dexterity with nothing else interfering allowing you to do whatever you're physically capable of doing. Console has aim assist and such because the actual stick is much harder to control and its meant to help you use something that just isn't as intuitive or precise. So I wouldn't really call one easier than the other. One just has a skill ceiling that can go much higher than the other due to ergonomics 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Id like to see time spent in scrims if that's possible with the website.

Have to step away for a while. Not sure if it's possible but maybe? I'll look later.

There's more casters than Pro Players in H5

They need a bo7 loser's bracket just for casters. 

• Upvote (+1) 1