CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Pro League returns Summer 2017 and I could see two seasons of that leading us directly into Halo 6 pre-release tournaments if they decide to do those again. Can easily see Halo 6 releasing earlier in 2018, though.

Spring 2018 release would be lit

• Upvote (+1) 1

relegation viewership took a big dive since season 1 but we had decent numbers with small orgs and great competitive series

I doubt H6 will come out in 2017 and H3A isn't going to happen.

I'd expect 2017 to be the last full year for H5.

Happy to see UGC get recognized. The new HWC logo looks like it was done by the same person doing the UGC graphics, which are top notch.

Still, overall it feels like HWC 17 is a step backwards from HWC 16 in many regards. Also feel like this should have been announced a bit earlier. January is 3 weeks away. Wonder what roster locks will look like, will there be a points system and will it be player or team based, and a lot of other info. Some of that will surely determine how soon we see massive roster changes.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

All major Halo tittles come out in September-November we are never gonna see a Spring or Summer release.

• Upvote (+1) 7

relegation viewership took a big dive since season 1 but we had decent numbers with small orgs and great competitive series

The two orgs last year were far bigger than the ones today, I wouldnt worry much about the numbers.

The Optic v Denial series also was great, that garnered a lot of viewers

• Upvote (+1) 2

Optic helped relegation last season surely. Taking into account the teams this season I think viewership was pretty good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd expect 2017 to  be the last full year for H5.

Happy to see UGC get recognized. The new HWC logo looks like it was done by the same person doing the UGC graphics, which are top notch.

Still, overall it feels like HWC 17 is a step backwards from HWC 16 in many regards. Also feel like this should have been announced a bit earlier. January is 3 weeks away. Wonder what roster locks will look like, will there be a points system and will it be player or team based, and a lot of other info. Some of that will surely determine how soon we see massive roster changes.

Worlds starts late January. Plenty of time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

All major Halo tittles come out in September-November we are never gonna see a Spring or Summer release.

Things can change and it could probably be for the best

I really hope millennial learns a lot from their last event and does it right this time

I really hope so.

Worlds starts late January. Plenty of time.

So nothing going on until end of January after this weekend? No online qualifiers or anything? UGC St Louis the first thing to happen?

EDIT: NVM, I'm finally reading the halowaypoint info.

First thing to happen in Jan 14th, online seeding.

Things can change and it could probably be for the best

Maybe it could help Halo sell more since a lot of FPS come out around September-December but I can't see Microsoft losing a perfect opportunity to make Xbox bundles for the holiday season.

I can't see Microsoft losing a perfect opportunity to make Xbox bundles for the holiday season.

I mean, they can still make console bundles in the spring AND the holidays

good luck to the 6 other NA HWC teams  :lxthul:

I heard they're making sure their passport is up to date for Mexico City  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 5

A distinct possiblity is that Microsoft rushes Halo 6 to be released as a launch title for the Scorpio. Maybe. That probably wouldn't be a great idea.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Maybe it could help Halo sell more since a lot of FPS come out around September-December but I can't see Microsoft losing a perfect opportunity to make Xbox bundles for the holiday season.

they could push new IPs for holidays. That would be a new one though for MS

A distinct possiblity is that Microsoft rushes Halo 6 to be released as a launch title for the Scorpio. Maybe. That probably wouldn't be a great idea.

I'll kill them if they rush another Halo game.

EDIT: And by that I mean switching to PS4 or Nintendo Switch.

• Upvote (+1) 2

it probably won't happen because the scorpio is gonna flop

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

The only thing I really dislike is WHY did they choose 3 EU teams and 7 NA teams  :uncledrew:  EU has improved but it should have only had 2 teams representing them but oh well, guess we will have some upsets which will add some spice to the scene.