CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Only 12 teams? Man... I love to support EU halo but the top EU team lost against the worst NA proleague teams at Vegas...

the top 8 NA teams need to be there.

They lost to liquid and str8

Big prize pool is nice and all, but if the finals are in fucking Cali AGAIN, it's not going to be possible for me to care less. Tired of them being too selfish/cheap to host a big tournament in a place that is actually likely draw their fanbase.

Not towards the prize pool, clearly. It was only ever a limited time thing for HWC 2016.

Lets wait until it's officially announced and for more info. Hopefully crowd funding is back to make the prize pool bigger than 1m.

honestly, id rather take the extra cash and put it to the open lan prize pools. id rather have a 1mil worlds and 4-5 100+k lans than 20k lans and a 2.5mil worlds

• Upvote (+1) 6

12 teams makes sense if they are cutting out the non NA/EU teams, which kind of sucks but makes sense as they didn't perform at all last year. The $1 million number doesn't really mean much to me. It will definitely be higher than that. They also made it double elim which means the time needs to be made up somewhere if they want to keep it the same streaming format as last year.

Big prize pool is nice and all, but if the finals are in fucking Cali AGAIN, it's not going to be possible for me to care less. Tired of them being too selfish/cheap to host a big tournament in a place that is actually likely draw their fanbase.

Not a fan of KPop?

Only 12 teams? Man... I love to support EU halo but the top EU team lost against the worst NA proleague teams at Vegas... 

fabe got screwed over hard at vegas. their first game was sunday night at 7 or 8. don't count them out because of a poorly run tournament

BTW how are we calling HWC 2017 a failure already they haven't even explained what the format is and some of you are all already hating it.

MLG is not a messiah that would make Halo have 256 teams like in the old days.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

So like are they scrapping Asia, AUSNZ, and Latin America, or are they reducing the amount of teams each region has?

BTW how are we calling HWC 2017 a failure already they haven't even exlplained what the format is and you are all already hating it.

MLG is not a messiah that would make Halo have 256 teams like in the old days.

People don't like MLG just because they brought teams and grew the scene for a decade, they like their competence and the people who run it. Nothing against PGL and ESN but those two events seemed closer to local tourneys (words I've heard from players and people attending) than actual major events. The last open finals ran until 5am on a Monday? So yea, some of us have a legit beef with last seasons issues.

Plus West Coast only <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

• Upvote (+1) 4

mhmmm yup liquid and str8 worst teams mhmmm

Think people forget what "worlds" means sometimes, We will find out more tomorrow hopefully but imo with 12 teams:

8/7 NA 2/3 EU 2 ROW sounds about right.

• Upvote (+1) 3

but the Browns would rake Alabama :simms:

There's a definite difference in the dynamic of NFL/NCAA vs Pro Halo/AMs lol

unless you were joking and my BAC is preventing me from using my below average comprehension skills

Wow @ only 12 teams being at Worlds

Format I assume is 8 NA teams, 2 EU teams, 2 Asia/Latin/AUSNZ

• Upvote (+1) 1