CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

OT, but does anyone constantly get logged out of TB on their desktop browser? It seems that every new day I have to log in again, even though I think there was a time in the past when I would stay logged in forever. Sometimes I get logged out within an hour. But on mobile, I've been logged in for months lol only on my computer do I have to login every day.

Clear cache/cookies, happens to some but this usually fixes it 99% of the time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Watching these AM teams. A lot of skill, but there set ups seem weak. Like they break out of it easily and don't protect each other as good as most pro teams. Seem more scattered around.

But I'm probably talking out my arse.

• Upvote (+1) 1

some of these players deserve to be in proleague.. either the proleague is too small or some teams have to do drastic changes

some of these players deserve to be in proleague.. either the proleague is too small or some teams have to do drastic changes

Too small. Think it should be extended to 10.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Pro League is fine being 8 teams, there are only 2 really good AM teams at the moment.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Pro League is fine being 8 teams, there are only 2 really good AM teams at the moment.

So 10 good teams?

• Upvote (+1) 9

This isn't entirely true. The Open Circuit this season was extremely cutthroat, at least 4-6 good teams that can compete with one another.

The actual problem is that even the 7-8th teams aren't competing that greatly with the gods like OpTic and EnVy, let alone the amateur teams.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nah, PNDA & Most Wanted both beat pro teams on LAN...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Could definitely see Renegade getting into Pro League next season even if 3'sUp lose this series, maybe even Monster. 

As far expansion, there's only 1 maybe two AM teams that can compete with Pro teams and even those two still struggle in the AM circuit. Until there's clearly at least two teams playing AM that could be really competitive in Pro League, there's no need to expand. 

So 10 good teams?

I find the current format more exciting to watch. If it was a 10 team league then we would have more blowout series in relegation matches.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Damn 3Sup has the position but no one capitalizes. 

Edit:  :simms:

Having a eight team Pro League is fine, the problem is that the entire HCS is so Pro League-centric that there aren't enough opportunities for AM players to have their shot at the pros. We've had three open bracket events, one of them was structured so AM teams had already played a slew of games late into the night while pro teams went in rested on Sunday and another wasn't even on closed server. And Beyond's tournaments are the only times we see AMs play pros online.

Having a more restricted Pro League functions fine and expanding it would create scheduling problems, so eight teams is fine, but the competitive segregation between those in and those out does indeed exist and need to be rectified so we don't have teams that can beat pro teams hardly ever get the chance to do so.

This event and patch is making me itching to play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To me, it feels nearly impossible for an AM to be pro. Danoxide and Falcated are the only ones that really made it 

I watch Halo and CoD, and Halo is so much harder to make it and theres less people playing. The structure seems against AM players.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1