CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Interesting insight, glad they found it. Feels miles better for me.

this is legitimately the most significant information from 343 that I've seen in the past year re: aiming issues ... the pro team was aware of the problem and was pushing to have it fixed for some time (!?), that's very big news.  I have no clue why this wasn't communicated before.

also, I'm currently playing Super Fiesta on Nuketown with Bravo and Ske7ch lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ok, this is my first post in this thread. Just wanted to post my findings on the aiming after the update. All games I've played have been in Team skirmish. 

First game I played was fantastic. The aiming and hit registration felt the best its ever been. I got 3-4 perfect on ar users and I could make tiny increments for the last headshot without it being janky. Next 3 games I won and it still felt good. After that 4 games in a row I got put into a join in progress on a team that was getting slaughtered. Joined in progress on Orion and the framerate felt like it was dipping below 30 fps and my aimer felt heavier than its ever felt. Game on Truth was against people from the west coast and I'm east coast and I felt noticeable heavy aim. 

Sooo from what I can tell if you're on a good server the aiming feels really good but still pretty bad on a distant server. 

Just matched Brainstorm, Munoz, Gabriel and v tec in Arena on balanced. Is that a sign that the servers have improved, normally I never match Americans.

That explains why the server was bad for us.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'll probably get crucified for this among all the positive changes that came from this update... But this is unacceptable. I do not understand how Halo can claim to be an eSport with an online league until this is fixed.

Have you tried it out yet? If its at least close to accurate I'll be happy.

Anyone used Observer Mode yet?

People glitching all over the place in my games, and that's on Focused:( I don't feel difference with aiming really, but that could be cuz I play casually these days. The Ranked/Social playlists are legit tho, feels like i'm playing Halo 3 again:) (Cept for the underwhelming UI)

Played three games, aiming feels slightly crisper in a way that's hard to explain.  I didn't really have a problem with aiming before --- I never had the 'heavy reticle' thing that people have complained about, but I could definitely tell that the aiming was slightly off or "squirrelly" in H5 compared to previous Halo titles --- but it definitely feels smoother.  I guess there was a bit of input lag that I had just accepted as part of the aiming, but now that it's gone I feel like I'm no longer playing (slightly) underwater.  But there's not a huge difference in aiming, imo

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ok, this is my first post in this thread. Just wanted to post my findings on the aiming after the update. All games I've played have been in Team skirmish.

First game I played was fantastic. The aiming and hit registration felt the best its ever been. I got 3-4 perfect on ar users and I could make tiny increments for the last headshot without it being janky. Next 3 games I won and it still felt good. After that 4 games in a row I got put into a join in progress on a team that was getting slaughtered. Joined in progress on Orion and the framerate felt like it was dipping below 30 fps and my aimer felt heavier than its ever felt. Game on Truth was against people from the west coast and I'm east coast and I felt noticeable heavy aim.

Sooo from what I can tell if you're on a good server the aiming feels really good but still pretty bad on a distant server.

Or that could have just been the frame rate bogging down your input response. 30fps is going to feel like double your latency. And I'd the framerate is fluctuating wildly that's even worse.

Were there not supposed be skins in this release, along with armor and other reqs? I logged on when I was at home during lunch, got the update, and I still had 100% for armor, skins and visors.

Were there not supposed be skins in this release, along with armor and other reqs? I logged on when I was at home during lunch, got the update, and I still had 100% for armor, skins and visors.

they usually show up at 2pm pst on update day

Or that could have just been the frame rate bogging down your input response. 30fps is going to feel like double your latency. And I'd the framerate is fluctuating wildly that's even worse.

That could explain it because I played a match on white cell and the frame rate was almost as bad as orion and there was notable heavy aim/input lag. Thing is I definitely noticed some heavy aim while playing truth on a west coast server.

Been downloading for 2 hours, only 20% in. See you guys online in a couple days :mj:

Hey I have to download the entire game, about 90 gb or something, see you guys next year.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Hey I have to download the entire game, about 90 gb or something, see you guys next year.

Maybe phase 2 of the beta will be over by then :kappa: sort of
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Played my first game today through the custom browser. Truth ffa tour de Walsh. But once it filled up to 16 people it lagged every time some1 left and or joined. Hope that gets straightened out. Big blow to customs if big lobbies are lag prone...

Played my first game today through the custom browser. Truth ffa tour de Walsh. But once it filled up to 16 people it lagged every time some1 left and or joined. Hope that gets straightened out. Big blow to customs if big lobbies are lag prone...

It should get fixed but at the same time i dont see that being a huge problem.  Once people get over the coolness of the browser they will start forming stable lobbies and playing multiple games in a row where nobody leaves or joins.  All in all, the browser works pretty fucking smooth (at least right now)

Man, as much as I hate to rag on other Halo communities, someone literally just made a post on r/halo saying that they heard about the changes coming to aiming, and that they hope the changes are toggleable, because they like the aiming as is.

Now that the aiming update seems to be (somewhat) the real deal, I really hope this poor chap can head into his controller settings and add some reticle lag back in  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ok i just noticed but WHERE THE FUCK DID MY PREMIUM GO????

Edit: Just checked paypal and today is the day i should be getting auto-charged so i'm sure its just weird overlap.  disregard.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

2017 is going to be a hell of a year all being well.

will be a hell of a year if we get more LAN announcements as well that don't always have 20k prize pool.

• Upvote (+1) 1