CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Alright. Just played 2 games of social skirmish. I won't comment much on aiming because I am probably over analyzing.

Biggest difference I see so far....There are a lot of one shot people that I shoot from a decent distance that are now dying when before it would just give me hit markers and they would stay alive

Exactly how I feel, I found it easier to take out people using autos when I had a pistol at close range as well; maybe just a 1 off thing but still thought I should add that.

This is sad. Even at noon on a Wednesday in halo 2 or 3 you'd find games instantly.

Not finding games because people are installing the update

• Upvote (+1) 5

Observer Mode:

• Tapping your right stick to move camera when a player is in third person (Ground Pound, Spartan Charge, Assassinations) will cause the camera to not return to first person
  • There is no ability to remove the Observer HUD, which throws out my previous idea to have third person cameras on stream.
  • Reticles are more accurate, but aren't close to actual live feeds.
  • Spartans are invisible during Intro/Outros (including for the actual players in-game)
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Not finding games because people are installing the update

That may be partially true, but don't kid yourself and think the population is anywhere near those 2 games.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 21

Theres a sniper on rig SH... wtf 

So sniper on Rig SH. And it spawns top tower. No more rail

Truth CTF is the same

Arena maps are not being updated. This is an accidental change, it'll probably be fixed later today.. No need to freak out and hunt for changes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That may be partially true, but don't kid yourself and think the population is anywhere near those 2 games.

I've found games all day instantly over the course of 4 hours. Nobody is saying the populations are the same but plenty of people still play this game.

• Upvote (+1) 7

This is sad. Even at noon on a Wednesday in halo 2 or 3 you'd find games instantly.

The update just came out and not everyone can download it in 10 minutes

• Upvote (+1) 9

Lol when 343 drops the "our 10th free content update!!!" when 90% of this should have been at launch.

Regardless, at least they are making an attempt.

Really hoping the arena map and setting changes on the horizon are good.

No radar, no splinters, very limited autos and PWs and for the love of God party matching plz

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Aiming does feel better. I haven't felt a slow down when aiming at someone.

First game of Team Skirmish was a 50-8 Slayer win. Looks like the wish for "true social" has been granted.

• Upvote (+1) 5

This update didn't magically fix the slow turn in my Elite controller. Sigh. Back to outer deadzone.

Is the skirmish playlist 4v4? Also, do you guys think that a sense change will be needed because of the fixed aiming? I play at a higher sense(4/4) in order to compensate for the occasional heavy aim, but I don't know if that's still needed.

Not sure if i missed it or not...

But have they said this update is gonna fix  the game crashing? (Left Fire team gltich)

No :(

First game of Team Skirmish was a 50-8 Slayer win. Looks like the wish for "true social" has been granted.

I wouldn't be excited for that just yet. Even in a brand new ranked playlist the first couple of games have the chance to be blowouts. Then MMR starts to take into effect.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not sure if i missed it or not...

But have they said this update is gonna fix  the game crashing? (Left Fire team gltich)

From the notes - I can only assume this is trying to solve that.

• Server-side improvements made to matchmaking
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I've found games all day instantly over the course of 4 hours. Nobody is saying the populations are the same but plenty of people still play this game.

That's true, I may have jumped the gun with my sadness. I've just grown so used to disappointment.

Is the skirmish playlist 4v4? Also, do you guys think that a sense change will be needed because of the fixed aiming? I play at a higher sense(4/4) in order to compensate for the occasional heavy aim, but I don't know if that's still needed.

Skirmish is 4v4.

I was playing 3,3 now at 4,5 like when the game first launched. Hard to say about sens truthfully. Think everyone will be different

So far I've had balanced matchmaking, maybe 2 people on each team at a high level and 2 at a medium to low which is promising

I'm just waiting for someone to get their first ghost melee and come in here and say that this update broke the game. Kappa

• Upvote (+1) 3

Would be great if the Halo5 update discussion were in the Halo5 thread instead of the HCS thread,

I wouldnt complain about that until saturday when there is actually new HCS stuff to talk about.

• Upvote (+1) 6