CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Anyone know what time the Halo updates typically drop?  Is it like 11am PST?

12PM PST usually. REQs usually show up at 1-2PM PST. 

If you want negative thoughts here's one:

Remember how koth was broken? Maybe it's worse now, so it's only good enough for action sack.

I think it's more we didn't have time to test this properly in a competitive setting so we'll throw it in Action Sack for a bit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

12PM PST usually. REQs usually show up at 1-2PM PST. 

I think it's more we didn't have time to test this properly in a competitive setting so we'll throw it in Action Sack for a bit.

So...ugh... how do I make it that long?  I have to get through this day for like 8 more hours.  Moa pls

I'm glad I wasn't here for the slayer discussion I might have gotten bant

Leave my baby alone

I missed it too, were people talking about removing Slayer the ranked playlist or removing slayer from the HCS?

I missed it too, were people talking about removing Slayer the ranked playlist or removing slayer from the HCS?

Removing it from the HCS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ppl start to by overly positive trough last couple of pages. What is this sorcerery.

Halo fans are easily hyped. This time I hope we get some return. I so need it.  yhCQl9Z.png

I'm glad I wasn't here for the slayer discussion I might have gotten bant

Leave my baby alone

Its not so bad, many were in favour of keeping it

Strangely one of the arguments for removing it was based on what other games were doing.

Hasn't that done enough damage?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Removing it from the HCS.

Wow that seems incredibly drastic. I can't imagine it was a vocal majority advocating for such an immense change, considering there's so many people who dislike changing pivotal elements of Halo's history. 

Problem with slayer are the excessive weapons on every map. Nothing wrong with the gamemode. 

One example is Regret TS, its a carbon copy of Amplified from H3, so it plays (for the most part) the same way, but unlike in H3, in H5 theres a scatter, OS, caster, storm rifle and 4 sets of splitters (not power weapons but they are AIDS). Regret should be a map (like amplified) where its nothing but a carbon/BR on the map and the team that can manipulate spawns/get better positioning wins.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Problem with slayer are the excessive weapons on every map. Nothing wrong with the gamemode. 

One example is Regret TS, its a carbon copy of Amplified from H3, and it plays (for the most part) the same way, but unlike in H3, in H5 theres a scatter, OS, caster, storm rifle and 4 sets of splitters (not a power weapons but they are aids). Regret should be a map (like amplified) where its nothing but a carbon/BR on the map and the team that can manipulate spawns/get better positioning wins.

That argument would be great if slayer hadn't been a bad gametype since 2004, and the one Halo game where slayer is good has 3x the power weapons.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Does anyone know what size the update is? Just wondering if we get to 100gb?

No one knows.

Update for Arena coming tomorrow:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/monitor-s-bounty-arena-update

RANKED - treated more sacredly and a high degree of scrutiny going forward.

• Team Arena
  • Slayer
  • Doubles
  • Breakout
  • FFA
SOCIAL
  • Team Skirmish
  • Action Sack (shotty snipers and super fiesta can live here)
  • Sniper
  • SWAT
  • Infection
  • Big Team Battle
  • Triple Team
  • Super Fiesta
  • Shotty Snipers
  • Grifball
These are all permanent, removal depending on playlist population.

That seems like a more reasonable starting list and they would still probably have to cull a couple out.

15 playlists plus the extras they are adding to warzone are just way too much unless they are expecting a HUGE surge in population with the update.  I see a decent spike happening, but still not enough to support this many lists.

Since there will be radar either way, i think the first place i am hopping is Team Skirmish

for sure, there should be SOME skill matching in social, just not as insanely tight as ranked

Yeah, but minor.  If your a 40 in ranked, it should try to match you with 35 - 45 if it can imo.  In social though, it should be more like 20 - 50

Early morning wake up without needing my alarm

You must not have kids... cuz that would be a miracle

• Upvote (+1) 1

The update on PC is 8.83gb.

o shit its out

That seems like a more reasonable starting list and they would still probably have to cull a couple out.

15 playlists plus the extras they are adding to warzone are just way too much unless they are expecting a HUGE surge in population with the update.  I see a decent spike happening, but still not enough to support this many lists.

Since there will be radar either way, i think the first place i am hopping is Team Skirmish

Yeah, but minor.  If your a 40 in ranked, it should try to match you with 35 - 45 if it can imo.  In social though, it should be more like 20 - 50

You must not have kids... cuz that would be a miracle

Absolutely agree. You can remove those three playlists and put them back into a rotational slot. Have them rotate FREQUENTLY and it's all good. Maybe add Super Fiesta into Action Sack too.

• Upvote (+1) 3

o shit its out

Downloading now but can't get to my xbox.  Has it rolled out for xbox too??

Edit: Still no patch notes.

That argument would be great if slayer hadn't been a bad gametype since 2004, and the one Halo game where slayer is good has 3x the power weapons.

I swear its like we have to make shit up sometimes for the sole purpose of complaining. Lets just enjoy the update and fall finals

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm just way to pessimistic to believe this will actually fix much. Maybe its just the year (or 3) of disappointments, but I just can't allow myself to get my hopes up...

The last 3 or so days of hype have been fun to read, but I bet we're back to complaining come 6pm

Downloading now but can't get to my xbox.  Has it rolled out for xbox too??

Edit: Still no patch notes.

Not out on Xbox yet.

Not out on Xbox yet.

I hosted several games on PC - it feels amazing for controller users.  KB and M users were still complaining of input lag though...which is a huge bummer for those guys.  Hopefully 343 will address that quickly now that popularity on PC is about to explode.

edit: sorry didn't mean to quote just wanted to reply to thread. derp

Is it me or have the servers been hella good the past few days? Like my pistol shots actually register instantly and I haven't felt that heavy aim either.

I dont know if this matters but I play on 4/4.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is it me or have the servers been hella good the past few days? Like my pistol shots actually register instantly and I haven't felt that heavy aim either.

I have been thinking the same thing, I've had only a few bad servers, but the rest have been really good!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Unfortunately I have had the opposite experience, really bad servers lately.... Located in Midwest

• Upvote (+1) 4