CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

"My main gripe with halo 5 is the lack of ricochet. It was the best thing they did with halo 4 IMO and is such a shame they haven't done anything with it in halo 5, as with the new movement, it would probably play great.

Hopefully with the new custom games server I might be able to get in a few ricochet customs."

Never change reddit.

Barely ... I've played placement matches on secondary accounts in recent months and I'm playing 50-49 sweatfests after 3 or 4 games in any "social" playlist, even super fiesta.  Even effing Warzone matches me against decent players after 3 or 4 games.  

That's a good thing? Even social it's supposed to be equal skill?

• Upvote (+1) 3

"My main gripe with halo 5 is the lack of ricochet. It was the best thing they did with halo 4 IMO and is such a shame they haven't done anything with it in halo 5, as with the new movement, it would probably play great.

Hopefully with the new custom games server I might be able to get in a few ricochet customs."

Never change reddit.

That's a good thing? Even social it's supposed to be equal skill?

imo, no, social is not supposed to be equal skill; if I want to play against players who are exactly as good as me, I'll play ranked.  social is for messing around, playing wildly uneven opponents, etc.; I don't care about losing 10-50 some games or winning 50-10 other games.  every previous Halo title had true social (albeit with a bit of skill matching, like in H3 for example), but H5 does not

• Upvote (+1) 2

imo, no, social is not supposed to be equal skill; if I want to play against players who are exactly as good as me, I'll play ranked.  social is for messing around, playing wildly uneven opponents, etc.; I don't care about losing 10-50 some games or winning 50-10 other games.  every previous Halo title had true social (albeit with a bit of skill matching, like in H3 for example), but H5 does not

I dont see this as a huge issue but i agree.

In past halos part of the fun of getting good was going into social playlists and being noticeably better than a lot of people.  Like being a god amongst men, or when youre a noob, matching a god and wanting to be the god.  Or seeing someones stats and thinking "i want to be like that guy" or getting pissed and wanting to be better.  Thats honestly how i got into halo, was wanting to get cool clips and big stats in social playlists before i even knew about competitive 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I get that it's fun to just sit back and run over the other team, but whenever that's happening, it means that the guys on the other side are getting clobbered, and might not be having fun. I think that the hallmark of social playlists isn't unmatched teams. Teams should ALWAYS be matched with some level of equity. 

It should be a combination of the attitude of the players and the characteristics of the game mode (ie. super fiesta) that make it a social environment. Artificially making it "social" by unbalancing the teams only makes it fun half the time.

edit: Why I think player attitude is important: I can find 9 other guys who are the same level of skill as me in basketball. If we play a serious game of 5v5, consider that ranked. But we can also all just play a relaxed game, shoot half court shots, circus shots, etc. Just messing around.

And we can also play with people of other skill levels, as long as the teams are well mixed, we can play seriously or have fun. And worst case scenario, if the teams are really imbalanced, it's not really fun for either team to play super seriously. If it was me and 4 great players playing against 5 old dudes, none of us will be having a ton of fun if we're trying to destroy the other team. Just my view on it. 

I occasionally got destroyed in H3 Social Slayer or Reach Squad Slayer and didn't mind at all, because it's social and you can try new jumps or use new weapons or just mess around in some way.  I don't mind losing by 40 kills as long as I sometimes win by 40 kills, I just want true social, all kinds of playstyles, etc.  I know for a fact that the sweaty social playlists in H5 are turning players off to the game, so that's the strongest argument, imo

I occasionally got destroyed in H3 Social Slayer or Reach Squad Slayer and didn't mind at all, because it's social and you can try new jumps or use new weapons or just mess around in some way.  I don't mind losing by 40 kills as long as I sometimes win by 40 kills, I just want true social, all kinds of playstyles, etc.  I know for a fact that the sweaty social playlists in H5 are turning players off to the game, so that's the strongest argument, imo

I see what you're saying. I hate losing, but sometimes I also don't care and just want to run around and do jumps or only use a specific weapon, etc. 

The below is why.

I get that it's fun to just sit back and run over the other team, but whenever that's happening, it means that the guys on the other side are getting clobbered, and might not be having fun. I think that the hallmark of social playlists isn't unmatched teams. Teams should ALWAYS be matched with some level of equity. 

It should be a combination of the attitude of the players and the characteristics of the game mode (ie. super fiesta) that make it a social environment. Artificially making it "social" by unbalancing the teams only makes it fun half the time.

edit: Why I think player attitude is important: I can find 9 other guys who are the same level of skill as me in basketball. If we play a serious game of 5v5, consider that ranked. But we can also all just play a relaxed game, shoot half court shots, circus shots, etc. Just messing around.

And we can also play with people of other skill levels, as long as the teams are well mixed, we can play seriously or have fun. And worst case scenario, if the teams are really imbalanced, it's not really fun for either team to play super seriously. If it was me and 4 great players playing against 5 old dudes, none of us will be having a ton of fun if we're trying to destroy the other team. Just my view on it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The below is why.

for sure, there should be SOME skill matching in social, just not as insanely tight as ranked

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone know what time the Halo updates typically drop?  Is it like 11am PST?

I didn't read through all the updates, so did they do anything about singles matching up against to4's?

So they put in koth but only have it in action sack and not the skirmish playlist? Seems that would of been the ideal spot to get some testing in.

Bro, you gonna be running evolved PC customs when the custom browser drops or what?

Yeah man! I wanna get some Beyond people in on the PC action.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I watched TJ play 3 games.

1st game, Killtac

2nd game, Killtac

3rd game, Over

He choked the 3peat  :kappa:

And again:

https://clips.twitch.tv/lxthul/TenderAlligatorBigBrother

Edit: RIP that guy

https://clips.twitch.tv/lxthul/MotionlessNightingaleSMOrc

Plus:

TJ is the greatest teammate ever. Of all time   :walshy:

https://clips.twitch.tv/lxthul/ComfortableCormorantDOOMGuy

And TJ making excuses   :bman:

https://clips.twitch.tv/lxthul/ImportantArmadilloPanicBasket

• Upvote (+1) 8

Anyone have the link to the Finals/Relegation schedule? Looking for specific round-by-round start times. I think that came out not too long ago.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So they put in koth but only have it in action sack and not the skirmish playlist? Seems that would of been the ideal spot to get some testing in.

Maybe that means they're going to start using player made maps and they're waiting for some that work well with multiple gametypes including KoTH Oddball and old rotation?

Maybe that means they're going to start using player made maps and they're waiting for some that work well with multiple gametypes including KoTH Oddball and old rotation?

Ppl start to by overly positive trough last couple of pages. What is this sorcerery.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you want negative thoughts here's one:

Remember how koth was broken? Maybe it's worse now, so it's only good enough for action sack.

• Upvote (+1) 2