CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

RANKED - treated more sacredly and a high degree of scrutiny going forward.

I hope that means party restrictions. I'd be cool if they actually said what they meant by this majestic sentence.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I hope that means party restrictions. I'd be cool if they actually said what they meant by this majestic sentence.

Basically they are only going to rank playlists that truly deserve it.

They completely went back on it through when they added ranked snipers and kept ranked Breakout though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pretty crazy to believe that we had this at some point. Halo 3 had so many issues, they could have spent 2 years improving the game and just release the result  :eyes:

giphy.gif

QrL8hS.png

PosterMLG.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hmm.. It's great see that the witch hunt failed and now we're praising Quinn. FeelsGoodMan to be optimistic again. We just need an announcement of an impressive 2017 competitive league format and I think there's a resurgence coming. BETAS OVER!!!  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :D

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm excited for this update at least. Glad we're getting the playlist update adding (almost) all the same playlists and modes we always end up with in every Halo. I will never understand why they don't just launch this way but thank god we're back to this point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really hope servers are fixed. Update sounds good and all, but being booted out of games is not fun

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is anyone else a little bit worried that non of the blog posts from 343 today mention changes to input/reticle lag specifically?  So far, we've only had a tweet from Tashi and TuFoxy regarding it but nothing definitive.

Is anyone else a little bit worried that non of the blog posts from 343 today mention changes to input/reticle lag specifically?  So far, we've only had a tweet from Tashi and TuFoxy regarding it but nothing definitive.

Tashi confirmed it - that's good enough proof for me.

Plus it's not really something to announce. It'll be in the patch notes.

They confirmed on neogaf

I cant believe its been a year and change since launch and we are getting a fix tomorrow  :mj:

Moving forward, it's a safe bet that the Skirmish playlist will become the testing ground for those gametypes for later inclusion in the rotation/HCS. I'm pretty sure we will see them there at some point. They are probably not ready for testing at the moment. 

They should have launched with the game.

My guess is either a typo, or HWC 2017 is until Summer 2017, then it continues.

Weird considering most teams would all be different / different orgs.

Confirmation that the next Pro League season will be Summer 2017

If that is the case, I don't see how all these teams are going to stick together through 5-6 months of worlds roster insanity.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If that is the case, I don't see how all these teams are going to stick together through 5-6 months of worlds roster insanity.

Remember the offseason between MLG "seasons", usually from November until April. If HCS took a break until April but made sure the "summer season" was set up to be literally the best season of Halo we've ever had, I'd be over the moon. Also the first event of a new year was always so interesting because of all the team changes, I'd love to see what happens to some of the current players and teams if there is an extended break. 

So if HWC is up next are they going to have qualifiers this time around or is the top 8 pro league teams after relegation going to automatically qualify?

Personally I hope we get qualifiers again since there's not enough LANs as is and maybe an AM team might be able to pull off an upset.

This isn't true, they loosened it a few months after launch.

Barely ... I've played placement matches on secondary accounts in recent months and I'm playing 50-49 sweatfests after 3 or 4 games in any "social" playlist, even super fiesta.  Even effing Warzone matches me against decent players after 3 or 4 games.  

• Upvote (+1) 1