CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

For the people hoping this brings in more players, I have old friends that didn't buy and Xbox One because Reach/Halo 4/etc. They had no idea Halo 5 was on PC much less for free. An update to Halo 5 won't reach their ears either. You have to wow these people at launch and that is why you make a game right. So that you can retain players for years while you make your next one.

It may not bring new people but it very well could bring back people who played H5 and moved onto other games for various reasons.

• Upvote (+1) 7

The madness finally ends, but at the same time, that's a lot of playlists. I find it hard to believe they're all going to be able to support games, especially off peak times.

Christmas break is coming. There is always a boom of new players that get a new Xbox and Halo game under the tree. Probably the most ideal time for a playlist expansion like this. 343 is hoping to capture some new blood.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

It may not bring new people but it very well could bring back people who played H5 and moved onto other games for various reasons.

This.

Old Halo 5 players who stopped playing because of lack of content will most likely come back along new people from the holidays.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We need to find out if the social playlists are truly social or if they're still using the hidden MMR. If theyre truly social, :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Just texted my friends the game isn't as bad anymore, let's hope this can spark something :fire:

I have been considering dong the same thing, but I have been burned too many times by 343 to send anything out before I get to try it out. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

We need to find out if the social playlists are truly social or if they're still using the hidden MMR. If theyre truly social, :weback:

All social playlists in any Halo game use hidden MMR it's just much more relaxed.

• Upvote (+1) 5

All social playlists in any Halo game use hidden MMR it's just much more relaxed.

Maybe with the addition of more social lists, they made it even more relaxed so that low population can be supported.

:intensifies:

Halo 5 is the exception because it is just as strict as the ranked playlists. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Is it weird that I'm more excited for the social skirmish playlist than I am for the regular Arena one? It will be cool to play some gametypes again like Empire CTF, while getting to see how SH plays on Mercy and Stasis as well. Overall, it's a pretty solid playlist lineup. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

This.

Also they relaxed the matchmaking parameters ages ago for social. When I play BTB I usually get a KD of +20 to +25 and I'm not even that good.

It was initially, they changed that though.

This isn't true, they loosened it a few months after launch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This isn't true, they loosened it a few months after launch.

Still pretty strict. When I couldn't find a match in one of their weekend lists (I think it was Super Fiesta), that's pretty bad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wish we could have got KOTH & Oddball in Skirmish

Moving forward, it's a safe bet that the Skirmish playlist will become the testing ground for those gametypes for later inclusion in the rotation/HCS. I'm pretty sure we will see them there at some point. They are probably not ready for testing at the moment. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Is it weird that I'm more excited for the social skirmish playlist than I am for the regular Arena one?

Not at all. My friends don't like ranked, they like social. That's why they've all stopped playing Halo 5 (amongst the other issues). Being able to play Halo 5 without getting sweaty sounds promising. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Not at all. My friends don't like ranked, they like social. That's why they've all stopped playing Halo 5 (amongst the other issues). Being able to play Halo 5 without getting sweaty sounds promising. 

I love the competitive side of Halo 5. I have a group of friends that I run slayer/arena with, but I totally get the excitement for good social playlists. My brother really enjoys H5, but he doesn't like the constant sweat fest of Arena, so hopefully he picks it up again. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Same. I had a few friends leave Halo for Overwatch and Destiny(why?) because Halo was too sweaty and competitive. In fact, 2 days ago I had a friend run Slayer with me and she quit after 3 games because, "its just too competitive for me." Hopefully, these new social playlists will bring people back to the game so that we can enjoy Halo as a group again. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Same. I had a few friends leave Halo for Overwatch and Destiny(why?) because Halo too sweaty and competitive. In fact, 2 days ago I had a friend run Slayer with me and she quit after 3 games because, "its just too competitive for me." 

Yeah one of my friends kept saying he doesn't want to play because 'he sucks'. He's always sucked, but it's never bothered him because the social playlists always had a healthy number of equal scrubs in them for him to play against. Halo 5 is just teams of four stomping or hyper competitive games when you just want to hop on and zone out.

Update for Arena coming tomorrow:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/monitor-s-bounty-arena-update

RANKED - treated more sacredly and a high degree of scrutiny going forward.

• Team Arena
  • Slayer
  • Doubles
  • Snipers
  • SWAT
  • Breakout
  • FFA
SOCIAL
  • Team Skirmish
  • Action Sack
  • Infection
  • Big Team Battle
  • Triple Team
  • Super Fiesta
  • Shotty Snipers
  • Grifball

These are all permanent, removal depending on playlist population.

Reading this almost makes me want to drop to my knees,raise my hands to the sky and listen to the original halo intro music.

Now its time to try and sleep

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hopefully we get another preview playlist after the new year where we can test koth and oddball. Those were always 2 of my favorite game types

• Upvote (+1) 3