CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

r/iamverysmart

Really? Is this how I come across? I genuinely want to know. Just as a practice of self-awareness. I didn't even feel like I was phrasing things with a "pseudo-intellectual" vibe to it.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 5

EU Fall Season Relegation Stats

Bittersweet:

SjJWmtt.jpg

VwS:

NEabyAx.jpg

Egoed:

4nNwHpC.jpg

Prophecy:

9lEflJy.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3

I can't wait to see nV vs OG in CHESS.  Thank you 343i for listening to us and giving us what we really want.  

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've seen this idea before but I'd love to see splinter nades turned into an EMP only effect. They already stun vehicles like this, but I think they'd fill an interesting role if they acted like a charged plasma pistol. Anyone caught in the area of effect would lose their entire shield, which would still allow for ample discouragement to not run through it, but you couldn't throw them as a last ditch (or first ditch) effort when losing a fight and expect to instantly kill someone.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I can't wait to see nV vs OG in CHESS. Thank you 343i for listening to us and giving us what we really want.

"Lethul plays 1. A4. I think it's safe to say this isn't Optic's gametype."

Also in response to the guy above me (multi quote isn't working for me on mobile), you just described pulse grenades from H4.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Really? Is this how I come across? I genuinely want to know. Just as a practice of self-awareness. I didn't even feel like I was phrasing things with a "pseudo-intellectual" vibe to it.

Okay so for example, in this post I see the words "awareness", "pseudo", and "intellectual".

Two of these words are greater than 9 letters, and one is only used by intellectuals.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I'm all for the changes to splinter and even considering radar adjustments.  I don't see anything wrong with a grenade being this strong as long as its harder to obtain.  Also - since when is "get out of jail grenade" been a new thing in Halo?  Granted, I know that the splinter is EASIER to get a kill with than frags and stickies, but this has always been a tactic of Halo players about to be killed.  I always would say "dude SHIT out a nade and killed me."  Or something to that affect.  Frags being banked off the wall, and 360 no-scope stickies have always been in Halo... and while they suck that idea is NOT new.  I say this to reiterate that the grenade itself isn't that new of a change to Halo its just that they are everywhere right now.  Them being everywhere sounds exactly like what Quinn and the team will be addressing.  

Now radar is an entirely different subject.  I'm not sure where I stand on it right now but after that Team Beyond sponsored no radar scrim I thought I remembered a decent amount of feedback being how it really hurt the game.  It seemed like the majority only wanted no-radar as long as sprint and thrust were removed/toned down but seemingly more saw it hurt the game not having radar as long as those abilities that accelerated movement existed.  I am indifferent on sprint but I love thrust and think it has been the best innovation so to the Halo series.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 12

I would come back to the game if radar was removed. Truthfully as nice as the map refreshes are with changing the weapon layout it's just not enough of a change to motivate me to want to try again.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Okay so for example, in this post I see the words "awareness", "pseudo", and "intellectual".

Two of these words are greater than 9 letters, and one is only used by intellectuals.

I don't think that's true that one of those words are only used. But I guess asking if I was sounding like a fake to better myself is upsetting people.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This was at the end of 2015, and it was only "shipped", not sold. I also don't think this accounts for digital copies, bundled with special editions, etc. 

We don't truly know how many copies it has sold (it could be much lower or higher). 

this one is more up to date. i dont know if it includes digital copies or not. i guess my point is that it seems like they are pulling numbers out of their ass to justify the changes they have/havent made. though it sounds like after this week i wont have any more reason to complain so im excited about that!

this one is more up to date. i dont know if it includes digital copies or not. i guess my point is that it seems like they are pulling numbers out of their ass to justify the changes they have/havent made. though it sounds like after this week i wont have any more reason to complain so im excited about that!

VGChartz isn't reliable.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm all for the changes to splinter and even considering radar adjustments.  I don't see anything wrong with a grenade being this strong as long as its harder to obtain.  Also - since when is "get out of jail grenade" been a new thing in Halo?  Granted, I know that the splinter is EASIER to get a kill with than frags and stickies, but this has always been a tactic of Halo players about to be killed.  I always would say "dude SHIT out a nade and killed me."  Or something to that affect.  Frags being banked off the wall, and 360 no-scope stickies have always been in Halo... and while they suck that idea is NOT new.  I say this to reiterate that the grenade itself isn't that new of a change to Halo its just that they are everywhere right now.  Them being everywhere sounds exactly like what Quinn and the team will be addressing.  

Well why would we want a "get out of jail free card" that's better than stickies at all?

It sounds more like you're talking about why they're not as bad instead of giving a reason to keep them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well why would we want a "get out of jail free card" that's better than stickies at all?

It sounds more like you're talking about why they're not as bad instead of giving a reason to keep them.

The reason to keep them is because some of us don't mind seeing innovation in Halo.  I enjoyed the classics but am completely open to seeing where Halo goes from here.  I can let go.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The reason to keep them is because some of us don't mind seeing innovation in Halo.  I enjoyed the classics but am completely open to seeing where Halo goes from here.  I can let go.

I'd hardly call an AoE denial weapon "innovation". It's just another weapon, and a poorly balanced one at that.

I definitely wouldn't call it "innovation" when it's not used for its intended purpose the majority of the time.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Now radar is an entirely different subject.  I'm not sure where I stand on it right now but after that Team Beyond sponsored no radar scrim I thought I remembered a decent amount of feedback being how it really hurt the game.  It seemed like the majority only wanted no-radar as long as sprint and thrust were removed/toned down but seemingly more saw it hurt the game not having radar as long as those abilities that accelerated movement existed.  I am indifferent on sprint but I love thrust and think it has been the best innovation so to the Halo series.

Trust me, I've said the "shit out a grenade" thing 1000 times lol. However the biggest difference between the two is that for the other two grenades, you actually have to aim the things for the most part. The splinter grenades you can literally shit out and give you a free kill with almost zero coordination whatsoever.

Honestly, a lot of the negative feedback came due to the fact that they had not played on no radar previously and during the beginning of the series, everyone was just running around with absolutely zero awareness and concentration. Everyone played super sloppy and it gave a terrible representation on no radar gameplay.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Spoke to Ryan and he was kind enough to take the time to give me some feedback on my cast too.

Feedback is vital and its appreciated so much, I know for a fact we strive to be the best we can.

And we as a community appreciate all the effort you guys have put in. EU finals is definitely one of the best events to date in H5. You guys should feel proud, and please keep up the fabulous work. Also get us a clip of that double ground pound by Jimbo if you can, that would be tasty.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

And we as a community appreciate all the effort you guys have put in. EU finals is definitely one of the best events to date in H5. You guys should feel proud, and please keep up the fabulous work. Also get us a clip of that double ground pound by Jimbo if you can, that would be tasty.

Thanks dude, means a hell of a lot that we seem to be heading in the right direction, and most importantly people are enjoying the shows. 

Dont be lazy though get scrolling through that rebroadcast...

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

In eSports news

I wonder if we're be betrayed as basement dwelling losers who only eat Doritos in this one. :kappa:

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to let you all know that signups are now open for the HCS NA Fall Finals on FantasyHCS!

Who is on your team?

Don't mean to derail the exciting settings talk, but wanted to highlight that the rules for our FantasyHCS Finals competition are different than what you're all used to. I wrote an article explaining it all, check it out here. Be sure to @ me or the FantasyHCS twitter with any questions, comments, or other feedback - we absolutely love and need community involvement to drive the direction of our service for the HCS community!

• Upvote (+1) 4