CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

IMO the SPNKR doesnt belong in comp. its weird, it shoots slower compared to normal rockets, and it seems to have some weird hit detection or an oddly shaped blast radius. never liked it in this game.

That's why it fits better on rig than regular rockets. Regular one would be too op and caster is already too op on that map
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Great to hear progress is happening on the topics of both splinters and radar but I still feel the more viable option would be to just simply remove both? Having splinters on certain maps but not others for me at first glance feels slightly confusing and I kinda put it in the same pot as SPNKR rockets, why are they on some maps but the H5 ones are on others? Keep it streamlined, keep is simple.

Who knows tho, always happy to be proved wrong and I look forward to what's in store!!!  :fire:

I don't think they need to be removed, just straight up nerfed. I don't know why they are so against making weapon balance changes.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Great to hear progress is happening on the topics of both splinters and radar but I still feel the more viable option would be to just simply remove both? Having splinters on certain maps but not others for me at first glance feels slightly confusing and I kinda put it in the same pot as SPNKR rockets, why are they on some maps but the H5 ones are on others? Keep it streamlined, keep is simple.

Who knows tho, always happy to be proved wrong and I look forward to what's in store!!!  :fire:

I don't think they need to be removed, just straight up nerfed. I don't know why they are so against making weapon balance changes.

At this point it has to be some kind of ego/pride thing, just remove it IMO. Let the few players we have left enjoy the game til H3A/H6 comes out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because it will upset the casuals.  I'm being slightly snarky, but mostly serious.

Because it will upset the casuals.  I'm being slightly snarky, but mostly serious.

They've made more balance tweaks in Warzone than Arena and it was completely fine.

:eyes:

• Upvote (+1) 1

But the casuals that follow this game are hardly any greater in number than the competitive side.

But the casuals that follow this game are hardly any greater in number than the competitive side.

Well we got 7.9 million Halo eSports enthusiasts on our side :uncledrew:

• Upvote (+1) 8

They've made more balance tweaks in Warzone than Arena and it was completely fine.

:eyes:

Seriously.  Warzone isn't meant to be uber-balanced in the first place.  Its meant to be straight up fun with crazy weapons and ai and shit.  

I remember the update where they were like, "so we analyzed this fuel rod req and it was getting less kills per play time than its lower tier counterpart so we buffed it" and im thinking, "but you are going to leave the Sniper and Automatics in arena alone??? wtf?"

Ha, oh ya I forgot that they include anyone thats ever said the word halo as a part of the casual halo community.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We are the 0.1%

You could also have this fuse start counting as soon as you throw it, so that the farther you threw it, the more quickly it would explode once it hit a surface. That way, you only nerf the situation we all hate: turn the corner, and take a splinter to the face that was thrown from 5 feet away.

Because I actually think it's kind of badass when you throw some insane hail mary splinter that perfectly catches somebody. It's only at close range where it's OP.

I feel like this idea didn't get enough attention. I've never considered it before but I really like it

• Upvote (+1) 3

yet they've only sold 5 million copies of h5.....so almost 3 million halo enthusiast didnt buy the game??

This was at the end of 2015, and it was only "shipped", not sold. I also don't think this accounts for digital copies, bundled with special editions, etc. 

We don't truly know how many copies it has sold (it could be much lower or higher). 

Very happy to see Quinn hint at Radar changes. I hope it's serious.

As far as ths Splinters go...the "solution" of just having less Splinters on maps is so frustratingly 343-like. Splinter Grenades' area of denial effect is awesome, it's both niche yet effective and added a flair to the Halo Grenade sandbox that was missing. It's just the one-hit-kill get out of jail free card function that people hate. Instead of just removing most of the Splinter Grenades, why can't they just address the core problem and nerf the damage while keeping them on maps, therefore maintaining the variety brought by their inclusion?

Is this too complicated? It often seems like 343 is too hesitant (sometimes even incapable) of taking nuanced approaches and solutions to balance issues. They usually prefer to take the easy way out, which is usually inferior to alternate, slightly more complex solutions.