CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

We did a $500 4v4 No Radar 11-game stream with our own money to showcase changes at the top level of Halo. Hell, we followed up with interviews with pro players from both sides to show 343i and the community why this is important.

While our past liveshows were fun for the community, I'm not sure they actually made a difference regarding changes with 343i's Halo vision. It did thankfully remove Solace Slice though for AGL.

I am not taking away any credit from you guys, I dont even want to think where we would be now without Beyond.

What I want to say is this is not the time to give up, but to push harder. Once they finalize Hwc 2017 settings, we are done making important changes to Halo 5.

I could see show done by Clicked and Infinity, who are both guys who seems to have calm mentality and are good in a way of word. Hi level sophisticated show that would show beyond is not bunch of screaming nerds.

• Upvote (+1) 4

We did a $500 4v4 No Radar 11-game stream with our own money to showcase changes at the top level of Halo. Hell, we followed up with interviews with pro players from both sides to show 343i and the community why this is important.

While our past liveshows were fun for the community, I'm not sure they actually made a difference regarding changes with 343i's Halo vision. It did thankfully remove Solace Slice though for AGL.

I'm down for whatever helps the cause, but it's been stated before - feedback doesn't mean jack if it falls on deaf ears.

I think there's certainly merit to the idea. If you remember before with THC (slightly different format of course) they were easily the most watched stream on twitch when they were live, and they generated a ton of movement on twitter and other discussion channels while they were active. I think the people that represented the competitive Halo community at the time weren't the best (IMO), but I think we could take a better crack at it and build sort of an all-star personality roster to put our best foot forward. 

Imagine if we had guys like Walshy, Vetoed, Snip3down, Adam Ap. etc all on a panel having a civil discussion about the problems we face and the things that need to be done to address it. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm down for whatever helps the cause, but it's been stated before - feedback doesn't mean jack if it falls on deaf ears.

Look, man. Snide comments aside, I get your frustration but we need to ride this momentum of conversation. We can't let it fizzle out, what is 343 going to do with no push back?

Great Video by @@Snip3down  

Better Late than never.  Im expecting the biggest update for Halo5 this weekend at Finals  as a well as a thought out plan for the next season with Big Changes to the league and events as a whole.

good vid. a to-the-point suggestion from a powerful figure in our community. hopefully it echoes within the walls of 343 like snakebites gripes about breakout did! radar being removed, weapons being balanced and storm rifles being taken out or made into a single power weapon in a neutral zone on the map will definitely bring needed change

On truth

Boltshot replace storms

Storm replaces Hydra bottom mid

Hydra replaces fuel rod

Rig

Spnkr rockets replace caster on slayer

I miss bomb planted tbh. It was actually better than reading forum posts IMO, and I'm pretty sure Quinn watched sometimes.

• Upvote (+1) 3

There could bot be a better BP than right now, been thinking this for the past month. Would easily get thousands of views with how discontent the community is, and pro players would happily support it.

posted snipedown's video on reddit halo, already getting downvoted below 75%

how come they dont want me man

If it's not some mediocre Warzone clip people don't want it posted there.

Random thought and extremely off topic. What would happen if on Truth the hole in the middle of top mid got filled in? Anyone else think that would make the map flow play better?

Thanks so much from the bottom of my heart for coming out man, it's people like you that made that event so incredibly memorable for everyone. It really was one of those special occasions where everyone nails their job and it all comes together to create something magical. Players gave us sick plays, production gave us a sick show, crowd gave us the hype that tied it all together.

That kind of event makes you wish there was one every weekend. Thanks again to you & everyone that made noise relentlessly, it was absolutely electric & will be hard to beat for years to come.

It was an amazing day and a great job by everyone involved.  Despite many aspects of competitive halo being in a pretty dark place, i cant help but feel hopeful following a day filled with so much passion and enthusiasm.  

Hopefully we will get some good news this weekend, regarding both settings and future tournament schedules. 

Also hoping that NA finals is equally as hyped!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Random thought and extremely off topic. What would happen if on Truth the hole in the middle of top mid got filled in? Anyone else think that would make the map flow play better?

The hole in the platform gives individual players more options. It means you have to keep track of the enemy team better, otherwise, they get a flank and wreck your setup. It adds versatility and keeps bottom middle from being a no man's land with no real purpose in regards to movement. However, I think testing it might be cool. :)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

We should have both.  They tried it with Achilles and went WAAAAYYYY overboard.  We should also have the option to just buy individual skin packs for $2 or whatever that we know what the contents will be.  Some you can buy, some you get randomly, and some you can only earn by hitting certain milestones.  It's not even like they have to build the systems to make this work, they already have them, they just need to utilize them.

I am tired of seeing this for anything other than what would require a grand technical re-write.  Not calling you out specifically because i see this "hopefully for halo 6" sentiment everywhere, you're just the most recent example i could quote :)

For things like better handling of skins, reqs, progression, game settings that I can change in 30 seconds, delayed playlists, solo queue options, weapon balance and ease of use fixes, I dont think anybody should be saying "hopefully for halo 6".  There are 2 years left in the lifecycle of this game.  You want me to spend $60 on Halo 6 and another $20 on reqs? Keep improving the game for the duration.  If you're able to increase the sales of the next game by 250k by showing some hussle and continued support you'll make another 15 million on the next release, plus whatever reqs you sell, etc etc.

Apologies for the late reply on this one, somehow missed it.

I completely agree tbh, the only point i was making in my first post was relating to the fact the randomised unlocks have been shown to be addictive and that 343 probably made that choice based on that research.  As with a number of aspects of H5 i wish they had catered to both crowds rather than pursuing a 'one size fits all' approach.

As for the H6 remark.  Again i agree and with this particular example it would indeed be a very easy change to make.  It most likely stems from the rate of change that 343 seems to work at, and with this being a comparatively low priority i dont expect it to change anytime soon.  Dont get me wrong i hope it does and i have given this and other feedback pretty much everytime during the CFBP.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Please don't turn the discussion into a circlejerk.

I mean if we're being honest, there's a decent chance 343 will respond better to a literal circle jerk than they have to anything else thus far

• Downvote (-1) 1

Heads up to you and everyone posting about settings

​Quinn and Ghost have been using the Arena thread to monitor feedback about the game. Posting in this thread about settings has and, always will be, one of the least optimal places to share opinions. If you want your voice heard, post in the Arena thread. It's a win-win: this thread has less spam/arguments, and feedback can be streamlined to one place.

However, I will say that I have seen some of the new map layouts and we are in for a very, very good season of Halo.

Nerfed sniper and double snipers on Colliseum confirmed.

Look, you're putting insinuations to my purpose of dialogue which I don't appreciate. I'm not virtue signalling. I've seen plenty of constructive feedback this isn't the first time we've done this as a community. I'm not talking about creating videos and the like in forms of essays. These are static forms of communication, they aren't dynamic like a live discussion which is undoubtably better than correspondence via typed document or YouTube monologue.

I'm just talking about creating a space where we can discuss what settings we want. That's fucking it. It's merely a suggestion.

r/iamverysmart
  • Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Until you do Warzone tournaments you'll never be taken seriously by 343 :kappa:

• Downvote (-1) 1

On truth

Boltshot replace storms

Storm replaces Hydra bottom mid

Hydra replaces fuel rod

Rig

Spnkr rockets replace caster on slayer

IMO the SPNKR doesnt belong in comp. its weird, it shoots slower compared to normal rockets, and it seems to have some weird hit detection or an oddly shaped blast radius. never liked it in this game.

• Upvote (+1) 5

IMO the SPNKR doesnt belong in comp. its weird, it shoots slower compared to normal rockets, and it seems to have some weird hit detection or an oddly shaped blast radius. never liked it in this game.

That's just explosions in general in Halo 5. 

But the SPNKr has gotta go. The request during the beta was to bring the old Rocket Launcher design back and replace the terrible generic looking one but they just had to make it a post-launch REQ and giving us a useless weapon in comparison. :/

• Upvote (+1) 4

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to let you all know that signups are now open for the HCS NA Fall Finals on FantasyHCS!

Who is on your team?

• Upvote (+1) 6