CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

posted snipedown's video on reddit halo, already getting downvoted below 75%

how come they dont want me man

I thought you were a household brand over on r/halo? 

If its the one posted an hour ago, it has 82% upvote and all comments agree.

EDIT: except for the TL;DW dude.

yeah it varies and reddit makes it purposely ambiguous, but still, it's being downvoted. which is frustrating because shitposts reach the top but actual constructive discussion esp. pertaining to competitive almost never does

Link?

can't post here. constitutes as brigading but it's not hard to find

I thought you were a household brand over on r/halo? 

I've slowed down on the (shit)posting haha

If you only knew his secret.

@@siddysid

I know.

...I don't O_o

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope 343i listens to the feedback honestly. It seems the community has had enough of their shenanigans.

Also, I saw the reddit post. I can't stand most of the comments on there like, "Sprint makes me feel like a spartan".    :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm actually hyped for this update. I know I'm more than likely setting myself up for disappointment, and I don't even really know what to expect, but I'm looking forward to it.

Snipedown was ignoring the big issues, such as Warthog balance, and Warzone spawns.

Right? Where's my Chipotle storm rifle skin?

• Upvote (+1) 1

yeah it varies and reddit makes it purposely ambiguous, but still, it's being downvoted. which is frustrating because shitposts reach the top but actual constructive discussion esp. pertaining to competitive almost never does

can't post here. constitutes as brigading but it's not hard to find

I've slowed down on the (shit)posting haha

...I don't O_o

I take it back, that thread went mental.

TIL Reddit knows more about competitive Halo, and what makes Halo competitive, than Snip3down. H5 is competitively superior to literally anything ever.   

How can people say Halo needs sprint when Starcraft, the most popular eSport in history, doesn't have it?

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 3

All they need to do to fix splinter nades is to add a fuse to them. Make it so they jump up, hover for a second then explode into the splinters.

This is honestly all they need to do. It would keep the area of denial but make it so they aren't OP Sticky Grenades.

Stickies need to be buffed so that they kill an OS player 100%, and have stronger damage and area of affect.

Frags are fine in my opinion, strong grenades are a good thing. Just get rid of the grenade hitmarkers for all 3 please.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Really? The perfect catalyst to start a serious dialogue about much needed changes has just been put into the mix and we're shit posting.

Look, I genuinely feel as though a forum is not necessarily the best way to engage in this discussion (written word is not the best). While it is good, it's not as good as a real-time conversation. I propose that we as a community create something akin to a "formally-informal" discussion.

Remember when we had the Halo Council? Can we not organize something akin to this with the purpose of live conversation with great halo minds? (Pro players, casters, personalities) I think that if this was streamed and we had a post-discussion Q&A we can make some real headway on how WE want the competitive settings to look like. We have diagnosed the problem, let's now get some REAL discussion going on in a truly digestible way. Where everyone can see it.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Really? The perfect catalyst to start a serious dialogue about much needed changes has just been put into the mix and we're shit posting.

Look, I genuinely feel as though a forum is not necessarily the best way to engage in this discussion (written word is not the best). While it is good, it's not as good as a real-time conversation. I propose that we as a community create something akin to a "formally-informal" discussion.

Remember when we had the Halo Council? Can we not organize something akin to this with the purpose of live conversation with great halo minds? (Pro players, casters, personalities) I think that if this was streamed and we had a post-discussion Q&A we can make some real headway on how WE want the competitive settings to look like. We have diagnosed the problem, let's now get some REAL discussion going on in a truly digestible way. Where everyone can see it.

I think it's more that we were the catalyst and now the pros are voicing their opinions because they at least know that we agree here. Maybe I'm giving us too much credit, I don't know.

I'm glad that pros are finally starting to say something, but it's really nothing that hasn't been hashed out and reiterated here hundreds of times.

• Upvote (+1) 5

While that's all noble and stuff, you have to realize this isn't the first time this has happened in our community.

Tons of players, casters, members and shitposters have been leaving tons of constructive feedback with essays, videos, and every format known to man. It shouldn't take competitive Halo reaching the levels of AGL again to have changes happen. While the prizing is cool and all, viewership and interest on the game is pretty damn low sadly.

THC? I was apart of both a fb the feedback here is light years better and way more constructive in every way.

This isn't on the community, we've done our part over the years. So obnoxious to see people chime in like this is the first time we have ever completed a constructive thought for improving the game and scene.

343i has seriously scarred some longtime fans over the years and it sucks. There are some hopeful out there still, I really hope it works out.

Look, you're putting insinuations to my purpose of dialogue which I don't appreciate. I'm not virtue signalling. I've seen plenty of constructive feedback this isn't the first time we've done this as a community. I'm not talking about creating videos and the like in forms of essays. These are static forms of communication, they aren't dynamic like a live discussion which is undoubtably better than correspondence via typed document or YouTube monologue.

I'm just talking about creating a space where we can discuss what settings we want. That's fucking it. It's merely a suggestion.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 17

Dude, are you even reading my posts? I'm talking about an unscripted dialogue between people in real-time talking to each other with their voices.

Feel fee to make podcasts or liveshows then. No one is stopping you but yourself.

Good luck :)

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Feel fee to make podcasts or liveshows then. No one is stopping you but yourself.

Good luck :)

He is actually right and Bomb Planted type show focused clearly on delivering feedback in digestible way (no screaming and shouting) would go a long way. You shouldn't give him "good luck with that" attitude man.

Those are probably the last moments to push for needed changes before it becomes irrelevant.

• Upvote (+1) 1