CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Huke managed to place 2nd in a year. You would need really good teamates if you want to win in a year.

I mean Naded has been playing for 10+ and hasn't won yet  :kappa:

At least he has made a shit ton of money.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We just need a spectator mode that displays the client side data. It would require 343 to store 8 times as much data , but hey, with the current population they'll probably end up storing less than they did at launch.

I'm hoping this is the route they took.

If they just recompiled it on their servers into one file it would be the same size. 

I've been saying that splinter nades are OP since the day the game came out. How they made it through a day of playtesting is beyond me. Same with storm rifles. I remember when the game came out and pro team members would overuse the shit out of them. They obviously knew storm rifles were overpowered af but were completely fine with there being two on each map.

All they need to do to fix splinter nades is to add a fuse to them. Make it so they jump up, hover for a second then explode into the splinters.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Huke managed to place 2nd in a year.

Huke got 2nd place in under a few months. Got 2nd at NA Regionals.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Or they could just remove them and stick with frags and stickies.... 

Well that's just boring.

They're actually a pretty interesting addition to the sandbox in how they can be used to block paths or objectives. The problem is that currently they're a get out of jail free card.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Been checking up, and I'll believe the aiming is "better" in the new build when I see it. Every time 343 sends out a new update regarding fixes, the first few days people say it's fixed and then a few weeks later it's back to whining. Not that I don't believe Jimbo, but this is just par for the course man.

If this update doesn't do much it's over man. 

I don't see how it'll fix the servers though, I have a feeingl that's an infrastructure problem and not really on the client side. C'mon MS give us the good hardware.

Serious question. Are your deadzones at 0%? Have you tried increasing them back to default?

The deadzone settings are for drift and slow turn no?

Huke managed to place 2nd in a year. You would need really good teamates if you want to win in a year.

I mean Naded has been playing for 10+ and hasn't won yet  :kappa:

That was also the first year of H5, now with more time under everyone's belt it just means winning becomes that much harder. Look at some of the top 4 teams in H3 early on and then towards the end, the group becomes far smaller. 

Well that's just boring.

They're actually a pretty interesting addition to the sandbox in how they can be used to block paths or objectives. The problem is that currently they're a get out of jail free card.

Quality > Quantity

Sorry if that's boring to you. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Quality > Quantity

Sorry if that's boring to you. 

If they nerf the splinter nades then we could have like 2-4 total in the map and it wouldn't be a big of a deal.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The deadzone settings are for drift and slow turn no?

Me and a few others on here talked about this maybe a month or more ago. We all went down to 0% when it first became an option and had no problems at first but then had the same accuracy and final headshot problems. Several months later we saw huge improvement in accuracy and final headshots even at much higher senses by turning them back on. I tested this on a few different controller and only 1 of them had slow turn.  

It really doesn't hurt anything to put yours back to default for 2 games and see what happens. Definitely helped me and a few others out a lot

• Upvote (+1) 1

OpTic Gaming will be doing four Skype Q&As Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday with the Halo squad. 

Tuesday: @@SnakeBite

Wednesday: @@Royal2

Thursday: Frosty

Friday: @@LethuL

All at 4pm EST. 

Add SkypeOpTicGaming to get in. 

I'll probably do a transcript like I did last time for the SkypeWithGaming chats. 

Also love that they save the best for last :lxthul: 

• Upvote (+1) 7

OpTic Gaming will be doing four Skype Q&As Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday with the Halo squad. 

Tuesday: @@SnakeBite

Wednesday: @@Royal2

Thursday: Frosty

Friday: @@LethuL

All at 4pm EST. 

Add SkypeOpTicGaming to get in. 

I'll probably do a transcript like I did last time for the SkypeWithGaming chats. 

Also love that they save the best for last :lxthul:

Mine will probably be at 6 est since I fly into LA for finals on Friday

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why do i feel like he is saying the same things our toxic forum has said in basically the exact same way? I really appriciate him speaking up and by apparently using a lot of our suggestions, he proves how valuable beyond is. Its up to 343 and hcs to do something now.

And the only reason tom hated dual wielding was because of walsh :p

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Me and a few others on here talked about this maybe a month or more ago. We all went down to 0% when it first became an option and had no problems at first but then had the same accuracy and final headshot problems. Several months later we saw huge improvement in accuracy and final headshots even at much higher senses by turning them back on. I tested this on a few different controller and only 1 of them had slow turn.

It really doesn't hurt anything to put yours back to default for 2 games and see what happens. Definitely helped me and a few others out a lot

Cool. I will give it a try. Have been on 0-0 since it was implemented.

Why do i feel like he is saying the same things our toxic forum has said in basically the exact same way? I really appriciate him speaking up and by apparently using a lot of our suggestions, he proves how valuable beyond is. Its up to 343 and hcs to do something now.

And the only reason tom hated dual wielding was because of walsh :p

You're feeling that way because that's exactly what he did lol. If these changes were made to a T (though I think autos being removed/heavily nerfed and nerfing caster/fuel/changing weapon sets needs more discussion) I'd be an extremely happy Halo fan. 

One more thing on the wishlist would be party matching, but that seems like a pipe dream at this point.