CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Reticle lag is a huge problem on PC it's the main reason Summit doesn't play.

mouse aiming in the PC version was the equivalent of playing XB1 on the worst server possible, while using a controller on the PC version felt like you were playing on a closed server. It was and is very strange.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think of it more as every single map we have was made with sprint in mind. There would have to be a lot of changes in order to remove sprint that I'm pretty sure 343 won't make. The hope for no sprint Halo probably will rest with the next game in the series, for now Halo 5 can be very good even with sprint included so that's fine in my book. 

I wouldn't say that, the Evolved settings play fine on disc maps with 120% movement speed (or 110, I don't remember). It just seems like something else that could be easily fixed yet 343i does not want to do it.

That event was amazing.

This is a bit of an emotional post to be honest, but I fucking love halo. Nothing else compares to casting this game, interacting with the community, working with amazing people, it's just amazing.

Any feedback on casting massively appreciated good or bad. I want to be the best I can to represent the players in the best way possible.

Love you guys, love halo, love beyond.

Dont change a thing. You are consistantly one of the best things about eu halo

• Upvote (+1) 9

Was it confirmed anywhere this was a new build for everyone or will it just be a closed server type of build? I wouldn't usually think something like this was possible but y'know what its been like the last few years. I can't even describe how happy I would be if they finally fixed it.

Okay I really want this gold bar so what do I need to say to farm some plus rep? Bring back MLG. No radar. No autos. Adam is god. $12k is life changing money. E6 took my family.

What am I missing? Been out of the loop recently. 

Very simple, this.

bRqMZ9y.gif

Just make your sig that instead of what you got tbh.

Great news about the new build, but I'm so confused:

(1) Halo 5 beta has classic Halo aiming

(2) At some late point in development, according to Ghostayame, in addition to general aiming changes (?), a weird aim acceleration curve was added for the pistol, making it feel a bit more "squirrelly," but it's actually more competitive and all the pros preferred it after playtesting for a while; still, they're willing to revisit the issue

(3) Ghostayame vanishes from the interwebs

(4) 343 adds mostly useless aim accel and deadzone settings that do nothing to solve the weird aim acceleration issue, diagonal aiming issues etc

(5) Somehow, Halo Forge on Windows 10 has perfect (beta-like) aiming when playing with a controller, and Royal 2 states that he'll never play on XB1 again

(6) While fixing ghost melees, 343 decides to throw in an XB1 aim fix with zero reason or rationale or admittance of aiming problems over the past 13 months (???)

Standard

(2) At some late point in development, according to Ghostayame, in addition to general aiming changes (?), a weird aim acceleration curve was added for the pistol, making it feel a bit more "squirrelly," but it's actually more competitive and all the pros preferred it after playtesting for a while; still, they're willing to revisit the issue

(4) 343 adds mostly useless aim accel and deadzone settings that do nothing to solve the weird aim acceleration issue, diagonal aiming issues etc

(5) Somehow, Halo Forge on Windows 10 has perfect (beta-like) aiming when playing with a controller, and Royal 2 states that he'll never play on XB1 again

(6) While fixing ghost melees, 343 decides to throw in an XB1 aim fix with zero reason or rationale or admittance of aiming problems over the past 13 months (???)

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Just got back from the ESL Studios after watching the EU Fall Season finals... What a brilliant day! ESL certainly know how to put on a show, and the work they've put in on the organisation and logistics front was really evident - the whole day seemed to run on rails. Very slick, folks, you should be proud.

The teams and pros really shone - Pulse made a lot of new friends today, and rightly so (SLG! SLG!); Vibe, sadly, weren't themselves, but they're a strong team and will certainly come back hard next season; Infused were worthy runners-up for sure, but top marks to FABe; they didn't miss a beat all day. Bloody marvelous, lads; thanks for great day's entertainment!

On top of that, the atmosphere from the audience was buzzing - I met a nice lad from Chesterfield who gave me a sachet of something called GFuels (I'll try that tomorrow), and I also got to meet @@Moa in person!

All in all, another excellent day of on-LAN Halo - wish there could be more LAN events throughout the season! Thanks again to all involved and all who played.

It was good meeting you dude! Sorry if I was shit talk, social situations aren't exactly my strong suit

"We have a great aiming model that no one complained about and is congruent with all other shooters. Let's change it." If this update does fix it, it's way too late, imo. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

"We have a great aiming model that no one complained about and is congruent with all other shooters. Let's change it." If this update does fix it, it's way too late, imo. 

The current aiming is just so different than the beta that it's instantly recognizable what it used to be like in the beta when just watching video of it.

I'd bet my life that it won't be fixed in H5 at this point. I just can't imagine that they would make such a dramatic change this far into the game.

I've had moments while trying new settings or playing at a home with much better internet where I think "oh yeah, the aiming feels nice right now", but then when I look at beta footage, I realize it's not even close.

• Upvote (+1) 2

When the beta was out I actually preferred it over the current game not even that little sound that you heard when got a shot with any gun bothered me wish they kept the aiming as it was in the beta because using the pistol right now makes me feel like I'm a baby playing the game so annoying.

This game is just a few tweaks away from being great for me I still somehow have faith in 343 after all that's happened I honestly see a shake up going on in there studio right now with Josh Holmes being gone but damn did they do H5 story wrong after H4 story was my fav but I blame that on Microsoft fucking them over.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I wouldn't say that, the Evolved settings play fine on disc maps with 120% movement speed (or 110, I don't remember). It just seems like something else that could be easily fixed yet 343i does not want to do it.

That's what I meant, I don't think they're willing to mess with things like movement speed or jump height. Getting them to remove radar and spawning with autos would give me hope that maybe more changes can be made, but right now I won't hold my breath. 

Remember Halo on the PC!

I member

But seriously if Halo fixes its aiming maybe I will come back to Xbox for a bit lol. Maybe the XIM 4 will be even more useful.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Remember Halo on the PC!

I member

But seriously if Halo fixes its aiming maybe I will come back to Xbox for a bit lol. Maybe the XIM 4 will be even more useful.

Man, I really wish I could get that to work on my pc. Just never opens past the launcher :/ Nobody plays H5 on pc, so I never get any Halo anymore.

Man, I really wish I could get that to work on my pc. Just never opens past the launcher :/ Nobody plays H5 on pc, so I never get any Halo anymore.

Did you run the excutables in the TPI folder?

Did you run the excutables in the TPI folder?

Yeah, doesn't seem to do anything though. I've tried redownloading the zip and reextracting, but it leaves me in the same place. No clue what's going wrong.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I'd bet that the custom game browser would bring some interest back to H5 PC, so you might have better luck late this week!

The update is fixing reticule lag, not sure why people think it's fixing the aiming style

TuFoxy did say that aim assist felt like it was decreased. But yeah, I doubt they changed the weird sensitivity curve that everybody complains about. 

Why do you guys think it will be releasing next week? I feel like we are gonna get more info +the req sheet on the next update and the date of the stream. Then the stream that following Tuesday followed by the update on weds or thurs.