CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Why has no one said anything sprint in the competitive settings? I know during Reach it was removed, why haven't people brought as much attention to it? 

Is this one of those "We need to focus on things one-at-a-time" things?

Why has no one said anything sprint in the competitive settings? I know during Reach it was removed, why haven't people brought as much attention to it?

We can't even get a uneven map removed, baby steps.

• Upvote (+1) 6

These skins can't be real... surely they are just wacky placeholders. 

• Downvote (-1) 3

I think of it more as every single map we have was made with sprint in mind. There would have to be a lot of changes in order to remove sprint that I'm pretty sure 343 won't make. The hope for no sprint Halo probably will rest with the next game in the series, for now Halo 5 can be very good even with sprint included so that's fine in my book. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

These skins can't be real... surely they are just wacky placeholders. 

You people are never happy about anything.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well according to lethul if we removed radar people would be getting ground pounded from nowhere with no hope. So I guess it at least keeps us from getting no radar :(

Its more likely all the slide thrustikg that makes them want to keep radar on. (That and pride issues)

Anyway, he was complaining about getting groundpounded WITH radar on. Getting groundpounded in this game means you choked.

Great news about the new build, but I'm so confused:

(1) Halo 5 beta has classic Halo aiming

(2) At some late point in development, according to Ghostayame, in addition to general aiming changes (?), a weird aim acceleration curve was added for the pistol, making it feel a bit more "squirrelly," but it's actually more competitive and all the pros preferred it after playtesting for a while; still, they're willing to revisit the issue

(3) Ghostayame vanishes from the interwebs

(4) 343 adds mostly useless aim accel and deadzone settings that do nothing to solve the weird aim acceleration issue, diagonal aiming issues etc

(5) Somehow, Halo Forge on Windows 10 has perfect (beta-like) aiming when playing with a controller, and Royal 2 states that he'll never play on XB1 again

(6) While fixing ghost melees, 343 decides to throw in an XB1 aim fix with zero reason or rationale or admittance of aiming problems over the past 13 months (???)

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'd imagine fixing heavy aim on console also fixes it for PC. If it also comes with a customs browser we will definitely see Summit streaming H5. Hopefully this brings some hype back into the game. Competitive settings are what needs to be worked on next after the game isn't broken.

• Upvote (+1) 1

(5) Somehow, Halo Forge on Windows 10 has perfect (beta-like) aiming, and Royal 2 states that he'll never play on XB1 again

Reticle lag is a huge problem on PC it's the main reason Summit doesn't play.

That event was amazing.

This is a bit of an emotional post to be honest, but I fucking love halo. Nothing else compares to casting this game, interacting with the community, working with amazing people, it's just amazing.

Any feedback on casting massively appreciated good or bad. I want to be the best I can to represent the players in the best way possible.

Love you guys, love halo, love beyond.

The best event in a long time and the casting was awesome!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reticle lag is a huge problem on PC it's the main reason Summit doesn't play.

Royal 2 said that playing with a controller on PC = perfection.  KB+M, I guess not?...

Royal 2 said that playing with a controller on PC = perfection.  KB+M, I guess not?...

It honestly is. The mouse movement feels incredibly janky, whereas the controller feels like a godsend. I was perfecting everything and one when I was using a controller. It was astounding how different controller on console vs PC felt.