CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hey guys, I've just finished a video recapping the EU Pro League and giving a preview for finals I'd love for any of you guys to check it out!

Joe Sketch.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Not gonna lie, I'm surprised that vws wasnt dq'd for intentional quitting. Just giving them a loss when they were down by 30 doesnt seem like enough of a punishment

• Upvote (+1) 1

Didn't something like this happen during the season? Was it the same team? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

How can players who have been around for so long do something that that? lol

Most Amateurs have the mental fortitude of a 5 year old, that is the reason no team last more than a month.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Didn't something like this happen during the season? Was it the same team? 

Yup, one example is Chalkie switched team to cyan during the last week of pro league vs I think FabE? Shocking that they haven't been punished at all.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I was hunting a couple week ago, and ran across this sign.  It immediately struck me as perfect...god I hate Ground pounding (and spartan charge) more then anything.

20161113_110227.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5

I was hunting a couple week ago, and ran across this sign.  It immediately struck me as perfect...god I hate Ground pounding (and spartan charge) more then anything.

20161113_110227.jpg

I don't really mind ground-pound. But I agree that spartan charge either needs to be nerfed, or needs to be removed, it's almost always a free kill for just sprinting at people.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Welcome Bittersweet to the Pro League.

Whoever loses in VwS vs. Prophecy is out.

Also: 

• Upvote (+1) 7

I said it when Pro League was announced, Pro League has been a mistake through and through. It hasn't helped viewership, in fact it seems to have hurt viewership especially in the EU. LANs are really all people care about, and while the concept was an alright idea for CSGO and other really big esports, even there the viewership is weak and it hasn't done much to help the scenes except make more money for Devs and ESL. Pro League was the worst call Halo could have made for a barely reemerging scene.

The only real brightsides I can see that pro league brought were casting improvements and the storyline of Stellur sending Cratos to relegation where he belongs.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Are VWS not being disqualified? They obviously don't want to play so why not just instantly relegate them.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I kinda agree with this.

I said it when Pro League was announced, Pro League has been a mistake through and through. It hasn't helped viewership, in fact it seems to have hurt viewership especially in the EU. LANs are really all people care about, and while the concept was an alright idea for CSGO and other really big esports, even there the viewership is weak and it hasn't done much to help the scenes except make more money for Devs and ESL. Pro League was the worst call Halo could have made for a barely reemerging scene.

The only real brightsides I can see that pro league brought were casting improvements and the storyline of Stellur sending Cratos to relegation where he belongs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

VwS should be disqualified for competing in the Proleague and on here. What a degrace 

Are we blaming the players, or the organization? I don't think the organization should be at fault here just because some of the players on the team are being childish. I do agree VwS should be disqualified in this series. I just think VwS should drop their entire team, and get new players and not get the blame for this.

edit: I'm messing up these edits

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are we blaming the players, or the organization? I don't think the organization should be at fault here just because some of the players on the team are being childish. I do agree VwS should be disqualified in this series. I just think VwS should drop their entire team, and get new players and not get the blame for this.

Oh yeah totally, of course the players are at fault, the org should not get penalized. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Are we blaming the players, or the organization?

How many times do we let the same players make a mockery of the league? This isn't the first or even second time this season. They've thrown matches, changed teams mid game, and now even quit out. There hasn't even been talk of a fine for them when the entire E6 team (including Stellur) faced fines for doing the same only one time. If ESL don't hand out serious penalties then I don't even know what to say.

• Upvote (+1) 4

How many times do we let the same players make a mockery of the league? This isn't the first or even second time this season. They've thrown matches, changed teams mid game, and now even quit out. There hasn't even been talk of a fine for them when the entire E6 team (including Stellur) faced fines for doing the same only one time. If ESL don't hand out serious penalties then I don't even know what to say.

I agree. There should be a stricter penalties for teams, and players that keep doing stupid stuff like this and not just a slap on the hand.

• Upvote (+1) 2

At least 6.

Come on man, give them a break. They're European.

I dont understand how there arent rules on the book for an intentional mid match quit. What do other esports do in a situation like this?

• Upvote (+1) 1

But I can´t understand that he from a professional stand point wrote this:

"I see a lot of great, valid feedback here which is sweet. Of course I also see a ton of the same vitriol and negativity that this community has, for better or worse, become known for."

He is a spokesman for a company and he calls out the community to be vitriol and negative. It is like this relationship is a bad marriage or something. Nope, we are just very passionate customers and they are the company selling the stuff. But hey, it is up to 343 to do and say whatever they want. I can only speak for myself. There are so vast amounts of knowledge and love for Halo on Beyond and it would be smart if 343 starts to  focus on that instead. They can just ignore the shit posts. But no, they seems to take them as reason to not posting here and therefore they can still ignore all the hard questions.

LOL ... look, maybe the people who post on these forums have just grown accustomed to it, but noting that this thread and the H5 thread have "a ton of vitriol and negativity" is actually a very tactful and reasonable way of putting it.  From an outside perspective, like from someone who isn't accustomed to reading 100 shitposts per day, this community is ridiculously, absurdly toxic.  The fact that there have been maybe 50-100 constructive posts in a sea of 50,000 shitposts doesn't really mean much.  Josh Holmes actually did answer most of the "hard questions" (lol), it was just with answers that TB forum users didn't like.  

Plus the five-paragraph "constructive" posts that everyone is so proud of are usually (not always) like 30% accurate, 30% H1 fanboyism, and 40% whining bullshit.  I'm sincerely amazed that 343 keeps bothering to stop by here.    

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 17