CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

he is

hyena is a literal god

guy has great taste and skill 

I imagine he could be good at faster Arena games as well, like comp H2 can be fast but the way he plays(almost faster than the game itself) and his noticeably great perception would translate very well to a game like UT or Quake which is why I asked if he played oldschool FPS. Certain players you can spot it innately in and just know they would translate well to other shooters.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Imagine Empire strongholds but only the pit stronghold...

I just imagined the perfect empire gametype with the "pit" stronghold gets moved, rotating from top tower to outside every minute while the 2 side bases stay the same & OV gets moved to bottom pit while you lay a scattershot bottom tower & while putting storm rifles (nerfed I might add) place at the back of top tower & one outside somewhere. SMG's replacing DMR's on the map & AR's START ONLY (lay 2-4 AR's around the map for ammo). So to atleast start to build some type of feeling towards a gametype of "close range" type rifles only. I feel it would add a certain specific game type of showing a different new type of skill of being automatic weapons only & with spartan abilities I feel that type of gametype could actually be successful in competitiveness.
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I just imagined the perfect empire gametype with the "pit" stronghold gets moved, rotating from top tower to outside every minute while the 2 side bases stay the same & OV gets moved to bottom pit while you lay a scattershot bottom tower & while putting storm rifles (nerfed I might add) place at the back of top tower & one outside somewhere. SMG's replacing DMR's on the map & AR's START ONLY (lay 2-4 AR's around the map for ammo). So to atleast start to build some type of feeling towards a gametype of "close range" type rifles only. I feel it would add a certain specific game type of showing a different new type of skill of being automatic weapons only & with spartan abilities I feel that type of gametype could actually be successful in competitiveness.

We have very very different definitions of "perfect"

• Upvote (+1) 5

I imagine he could be good at faster Arena games as well, like comp H2 can be fast but the way he plays(almost faster than the game itself) and his noticeably great perception would translate very well to a game like UT or Quake which is why I asked if he played oldschool FPS. Certain players you can spot it innately in and just know they would translate well to other shooters.

no doubt my friend

it sucks we have no (popular) hyper fast arena fps around nowadays, i feel like they would do amazing esports viewership wise

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bravo is a great guy and all but why does it seem like Ske7ch has done more in the month he has been at 343 than Bravo did the entirety of H5?

• Upvote (+1) 8

Bravo is a great guy and all but why does it seem like Ske7ch has done more in the month he has been at 343 than Bravo did the entirety of H5?

Barvo did the same thing when he was first hired but started slacking in this regard when he realize how annoying people are. I predict the same will happen with Ske7ch, just on a different pace depending on how much he wants his job.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

My guess is that they just expanded the role of the community manager, and made some changes as to what they can and can't say as to better meet expectations of what a community manager should do.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Barvo did the same thing when he was first hired but started slacking in this regard when he realize how annoying people are. I predict the same will happen with Ske7ch, just on a different pace depending on how much he wants his job.

Ske7ch has been around though, Bravo was new at the time and wanted to work himself up in the industry. It looked like he phoned it in once he realized he was moving on from it. I believe they were looking for a CM for sometime? I could be dead wrong though, but that's how I interpreted it. Cool guy nonetheless.

• Upvote (+1) 4

9:30AM Doors Open

9:45AM Pre-Game Show

10 AM Winners Bracket R1 - E6 vs 3sUP

11:25AM Winners Bracker R1 - ALG vs TMMT

12:50PM Losers Bracket R1 - Elimination Match

2:15PM Winners Bracket R2 - Qualification Match

3:40PM Losers Bracket R2 - Last Qualification Match

5:05PM Free-for-all (FFA) Finals

:apg:

[E6 got to pick what team they played]

• Upvote (+1) 5

I just moved into my new house so I've been busy so let me catch up here.

I haven't played h5 since I rage uninstalled it 3-4 months ago.

Observer mode will be nice but the aim will still be wrong.

Sketch is cool.

This new CU will inevitably be a mixed bag.

I just moved into my new house so I've been busy so let me catch up here.

I haven't played h5 since I rage uninstalled it 3-4 months ago.

Observer mode will be nice but the aim will still be wrong.

Sketch is cool.

This new CU will inevitably be a mixed bag.

they might fix theater. Fixing theater would be their biggest achievement IMO because then montagers might want to make content again. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

no doubt my friend

it sucks we have no (popular) hyper fast arena fps around nowadays, i feel like they would do amazing esports viewership wise

Hahaha, upon further inspection of Hyena's channel my Quake perception is proven correct! I dont know if that should make me feel really old or really nerdy that I can usually spot Quake players/former quake players in other games. I can do the same in OW with alot of former/current Quake players that are playing it competitively. #Quakersforever

• Upvote (+1) 4

He just posted this:

It's great to have him post finally, but I think he has to understand why people have become negative here with 3 straight titles with issues. I personally feel 343i can't control the narrative here like Waypoint / r/Halo and you will see a more honest and blunt community members at times. Hope he continues to post, seems like a good fit so far. :)

I love that he stopped by! I wish the negativity didnt stand out to him as much as the constructive feedback and valid criticism that is definitely deserved. Hopefully he keeps coming by and sees that we truly care and arent all hateful cratos fans

:mj:

More talk about how Beyond is vitriolic and negative, that makes me feel appreciated, don't know about you guys.

Maybe they'll like stuff like this:

"Halo 4 was amazing, ordinance drops were dope!"

"MCC was the greatest thing ever! It perfectly mimicked Halo 2 online for me."

"Halo 5 was perfect out of box and totally competitive, thank God we have 343."

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hyena always drops something exciting

Maybe I'm an idiot but did he jump on his head to get the splatter?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe I'm an idiot but did he jump on his head to get the splatter?

Who knows. He was in snipe tower on Lockout. Madness ensues and someone gets splattered. I swear I've seen it on every corner of that tower lol from bullets to beatdowns it just happens somehow.

I don't think 343 would have taken this long to release observer mode unless it involved a fix for reticle accuracy. Looking forward to the content update. As someone who plays (currently unemployed) Halo 5 nearly everyday and enjoys it, I look forward to hopefully some good changes that will be coming.

• Upvote (+1) 8