CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hate to post this kinda of bs, but heard good things. Great for those that still play the game. It may be very late and won't bring casuals, but the game is going to have a lot of things we hoped at launch, and will make it playable for players again :)

27441824.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

One difference is observer mode works

Observer Mode from what we've seen is no different than Spectator mode. This could change with the "new" Observer in the CU but don't 100% expect reticle fixes or other bugs to be removed.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Observer Mode from what we've seen is no different than Spectator mode. This could change with the "new" Observer in the CU but don't 100% expect reticle fixes or other bugs to be removed.

^

Only reason people think Observer mode works better because we only have seen it on LAN. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Don't have a screenshot, but the Observer Mode build they used at Vegas was shown on stream multiple times with the spectating Xbox in the game lobby with the players. That is a big difference and would theoretically have accurate reticles, even online.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hyena always drops something exciting

That splatter S1 on Lockout! Holy shit LOL!

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's funny because CU in portuguese means ass. It's even better when you guys say that something will be better in the CU. I'm 25, but I still laugh at this stuff.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Don't have a screenshot, but the Observer Mode build they used at Vegas was shown on stream multiple times with the spectating Xbox in the game lobby with the players. That is a big difference and would theoretically have accurate reticles, even online.

I'm not saying it's not possible to fix the reticle in observer mode but you do seem to be confused as to how it works now. What we see in spectator mode now is what the server sees in its entirety. Hit detection is done on client and host which is why we can land shots consistently when its a meter away on spectator mode. This is likely due to latency to the server and how Halo 5 handles aiming. Now this issue you're talking about would not change anything in it's current state. It does not matter whether you're reading from the server in real time (aka spectators in the lobby) or with a delay like our current spectator mode. The server sees and reports the same thing. 

Now everything we've heard about the new observer mode (not much) makes me personally believe they do have a fix in mind. But we will see how it works in practice.

Also it seems that 343 is hyping this update externally. I've seen/heard multiple reports of people who seem to be very aware of the content of this update (cough cough Cyren). Because of this I fully expect someone to start leaking info soon if I am correct.

:tinfoil:

If King of the Hill, and Race come in this update my brother is going to be so excited. He has so many ideas for minigames with KoTH.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, I do hate Blizzard and like Halo so.... there is that. 

They said they are working on servers. 

LMAO I actually spit out my drink when I read what you quoted me saying. For the record I don't like Blizzard at all, but Starcraft has a soft spot in my heart. Also I remember 343's history which to date has been H4, MCC, and H5. Not the best track record, though we'll all continue to hope they surprise one day and do something great. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

KoTH with spartan charges, ground pounding, splinter nades and autos...hmmm...

That's why Strongholds is better  ;)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm confused.

I'm not saying it's not possible to fix the reticle in observer mode but you do seem to be confused as to how it works now. What we see in spectator mode now is what the server sees in its entirety. Hit detection is done on client and host which is why we can land shots consistently when its a meter away on spectator mode. This is likely due to latency to the server and how Halo 5 handles aiming. Now this issue you're talking about would not change anything in it's current state. It does not matter whether you're reading from the server in real time (aka spectators in the lobby) or with a delay like our current spectator mode. The server sees and reports the same thing.

Now everything we've heard about the new observer mode (not much) makes me personally believe they do have a fix in mind. But we will see how it works in practice.

Also it seems that 343 is hyping this update externally. I've seen/heard multiple reports of people who seem to be very aware of the content of this update (cough cough Cyren). Because of this I fully expect someone to start leaking info soon if I am correct.

We just need a spectator mode that displays the client side data. It would require 343 to store 8 times as much data , but hey, with the current population they'll probably end up storing less than they did at launch.

I'm hoping this is the route they took.

Imagine Empire strongholds but only the pit stronghold...

• Upvote (+1) 6

Hyena always drops something exciting

I always wondered if Hyena plays other FPS titles/ played other FPS titles before Halo that inspired his insane twitchy/risky/creative play-style or if its something he came up with on his own. The play-style and the music taste screams oldschool FPS player to me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I always wondered if Hyena plays other FPS titles/ played other FPS titles before Halo that inspired his insane twitchy/risky/creative play-style or if its something he came up with on his own. The play-style and the music taste screams oldschool FPS player to me.

he is

hyena is a literal god

guy has great taste and skill 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm glad @@ske7ch talks to the community on reddit and twitter, but im still waiting for him to have a conversation with us here

He just posted this:

Interesting to interpret it as "top MM complaint" when the context outside of here was really "request." I was personally surprised to see "solo queue" related topics as the predominant answer on Reddit. On Waypoint it looked a little different.

For perspective it's absolutely not my role or responsibility to be able to enact changes to matchmaking. Instead it's part of my job to make sure that the needs of the community - both at large and honestly even niches within - are being heard and socialized internally towards some kind of outcome. Ideally that outcome is what the audience wants though maybe it's not. In that case it's my job to try and flesh that out and foster a dialog so there's an understanding behind decisions and that fans don't feel simply ignored. We'll never please everyone all the time and as I've said elsewhere, the massive amounts of subtle variations and customizations Halo allows is a huge strength for the game just as it's a big challenge because it's harder and harder to define what the 'majority' of people really enjoy.

I half expected 'classic settings' playlist to be #1 on the list of requests because I know it's something at least a very vocal group wants. Should we have it? As a relatively new person here my gut is that yeah, we should. I don't yet know why we don't but I truly hope we will add it and as long as core fans keep demanding it I will keep championing that discussion internally. It's easy for me to say that, weeks into this role, but I understand many have been asking for this for a year now to no avail.

I see a lot of great, valid feedback here which is sweet. Of course I also see a ton of the same vitriol and negativity that this community has, for better or worse, become known for. I only want Halo to be as awesome and successful as possible which I think is what most here want as well or why bother expending the time and energy to continue fighting these battles. It's important for us (343) to not lose sight of the overall player base that Team Beyond represents even when it's a continued assault of negativity (though I think the personal attacks are out of line).

Anyways, apologies for the semi on-topic / semi-off topic wall of text. I've been lurking around Team Beyond, and I feel like I have a really good grasp of what players here stand for and want, but I don't always seen avenues to personally engage.

It's great to have him post finally, but I think he has to understand why people have become negative here with 3 straight titles with issues. I personally feel 343i can't control the narrative here like Waypoint / r/Halo and you will see a more honest and blunt community members at times. Hope he continues to post, seems like a good fit so far. :)

• Upvote (+1) 7

I don't believe KoTH would play well in H5 competitively, especially seeing that Strongholds takes a similar principle and is executed greatly. However, very interesting things could be done with Extraction and/or Oddball.

• Upvote (+1) 2