CyReN

HCS Pro League Fall 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Definitely.

I've heard both Lethul and Ryanoob talk about techniques inside the game (whether it be how to game the radar or grenade placement) that aren't super well known in the community. And considering pros want to build up situational awareness where they can use said techniques, they can't just broadcast it to all the other pros.

But then again there's CLG and they broadcast all their scrims. So I don't know.

I think this is partly it, but it's also that they just want to focus on their team. If you stream, you HAVE to interact with chat and if you're interacting with chat then you're not paying 100% attention to your team.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Even though EG lost 12-2 in scrims, they kept most of the games close. If they continue to practice hard, then I could see them potentally breaking T4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seems like every team but ALG scrimmed tonight, scores;

nV 9-5 LG
CLG 11-2 EG
E6 9-5 Optic
TL 10-4 Munoz, Monstcr, Rammy, Prototype
  • Upvote (+1) 3

It's a common issue. Happened to me after ~ 4 months and I never got it fixed. Someone I know has had to replace the bumpers twice.

i'll do it a third. Left bumper came off completely, and my left stick got fucked. Couldnt move forward when crouching

I have been thinking of getting one or the other, i was leaning towards scuff anyway but this pretty much confirms it.  Not sure i could deal with the high paddle sensitivity of the elite anyway.

Would love to see T2, Simms, Elamite, and Strongside make a vid where they each give their thoughts on the team changes, and their predictions for the season

Yeah some kind of pre season listen in style podcast would be great

No podcast. A video.

A video would be awesome and generally preferable but even a podcast would be great.  TBH just want to hear their thoughts on the team changes.

Honestly, the discussions that this forum and that my friend group has about HCS are 100x as interesting as any official HCS podcast or tournament analyst desk discussion that I've ever seen. Their conversations are so cookie cutter and could almost be copy pasted from one day to another. I mean I know most of the casters/analysts don't lack the knowledge to discuss more in depth and say more interesting things, I've always wondered if the producers/higher ups tell them to keep the conversation light and basic.

This issue really presents itself in interviews- go watch pro league and events, it's the same damn questions every time! Been bothering me for so long now. Ask questions that actually pertain to what just happened beyond "man that was crazy how did you feel when you won that series lol" and "so what is your team gonna do to beat CLG?". Questions should be more exclusively relevant to the pro being interviewed. Otherwise we get the same answers every time. It makes the pros seem awkward, lacking personality, and bad at conversation when really it's just that they've been getting asked the same generic questions for years. Interviews are the only way outside of player profile videos to present pros' personalities, and that is a huge part of what keeps new viewers coming back- players with memorable personalities, players who you've decided that you love or hate because of things you've learned about them through things like interviews. If MLG didn't do such a great job of creating player personalities, I never would've stuck with competitive Halo. And now we are almost faced with a serious problem- what happens when all of the old pros whose personalities have already been built up over the years have retired? The only new pros who have well known, built up personalities are Cratos and...who else? We don't know a thing about Eco, Frosty, Stellur, Bubu Dubu, Shooter, etc, aside from the fact that they're very good at Halo 5. Even CLG, the champion team whose picture is on the Halo 5 announcements tab, is really made out to just be a bunch of robots outside of Lethul.

Who do I tag about this? I would love to see HCS/ESL work on it. @@TheSimms @@Timo

Totally agree.

More of this sorta thing (about newer and older players alike) would be sweet.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Honestly, the discussions that this forum and that my friend group has about HCS are 100x as interesting as any official HCS podcast or tournament analyst desk discussion that I've ever seen. Their conversations are so cookie cutter and could almost be copy pasted from one day to another. I mean I know most of the casters/analysts don't lack the knowledge to discuss more in depth and say more interesting things, I've always wondered if the producers/higher ups tell them to keep the conversation light and basic.

This issue really presents itself in interviews- go watch pro league and events, it's the same damn questions every time! Been bothering me for so long now. Ask questions that actually pertain to what just happened beyond "man that was crazy how did you feel when you won that series lol" and "so what is your team gonna do to beat CLG?". Questions should be more exclusively relevant to the pro being interviewed. Otherwise we get the same answers every time. It makes the pros seem awkward, lacking personality, and bad at conversation when really it's just that they've been getting asked the same generic questions for years. Interviews are the only way outside of player profile videos to present pros' personalities, and that is a huge part of what keeps new viewers coming back- players with memorable personalities, players who you've decided that you love or hate because of things you've learned about them through things like interviews. If MLG didn't do such a great job of creating player personalities, I never would've stuck with competitive Halo. And now we are almost faced with a serious problem- what happens when all of the old pros whose personalities have already been built up over the years have retired? The only new pros who have well known, built up personalities are Cratos and...who else? We don't know a thing about Eco, Frosty, Stellur, Bubu Dubu, Shooter, Penguin, Rayne, El Town, etc, aside from the fact that they're very good at Halo 5. Even CLG, the champion team whose picture is on the Halo 5 announcements tab, is really made out to just be a bunch of robots outside of Lethul.

Who do I tag about this? I would love to see HCS/ESL work on it. @@TheSimms @@Timo

It is absolutely painful going to college for marketing and then analyzing 343's HCS marketing techniques. There a TON of incredible ideas that are fairly cheap, that they could use to build a lot of hype for pro league and help grow the competitive scene. I wish I could just go work for them and focus on growing the fanbase for HCS. 

EDIT: Forgot to add, my DMs are open. @@Tashi @@Bravo

• Upvote (+1) 8

That Naded video got me hyped. We need so much more of that. Riot & Valve do such a great job at highlighting the top players lives and really treating them like celebrities. 

What made me get into MLG so heavily? Was it Halo 2? No. I actually didnt even like the game. It was learning about the Halo 1 pros I looked up to and seeing the videos of them in 2005. Then later on getting to actually meet them in person. That sort of thing is what builds such a loyal fan base and community.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly, the discussions that this forum and that my friend group has about HCS are 100x as interesting as any official HCS podcast or tournament analyst desk.

Podcast idea: someone just read this thread in various funny voices and then do epic descriptions of the memes and videos.

Podcast idea: someone just read this thread in various funny voices and then do epic descriptions of the memes and videos.

I'll take "Things I Would

Do If I Wasn't Moving

This Week" please, Alex.

Edit, OT:

Kables is rated Teen

Because he's Call of Duty

The second one, right?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'll take "Things I Would Do If I Wasn't Moving This Week" for 500, Alex.

Edit, OT: I find it amusing that your avatar is rated Teen.

That's not a Haiku

• Upvote (+1) 7

Yo can somebody help me out with this?

4db28a16a7.png

• Upvote (+1) 7

4db28a16a7.png

I don't think I understand what they're talking about, so no I can't help.  Bloom was not in all previous games <_<

I don't think I understand what they're talking about, so no I can't help.  Bloom was not in all previous games <_<

In Halo 1 and Halo 3 it could be argued there was an invisible one due to the spread I guess? I don't know. I stopped trying to guess what idiots think about back in high school.

In Halo 1 and Halo 3 it could be argued there was an invisible one due to the spread I guess? I don't know. I stopped trying to guess what idiots think about back in high school.

Yeah, but it still wasn't bloom..  It was actual projectiles instead of hit-scan (I'm bad with terminology..).

I'm not going to think about it anymore.  It makes my brain hurt.

4db28a16a7.png

we need chaosTheory.

I swear he has an account here maybe we can summon him @@chaosTheory

OT: I need a new controller, What's the best thing to get, is it worth spending the extra money on elite/ scuf, go rip of brand or just just go xbox again.

Don't play it loads, 5/6 hours a week but very competitive, without the skill.

I have an elite.  I will say for the 14th time, absolutely get the 2 year warranty.  I think if you get it from newegg you can get a 3 year "for any reason whatsoever" replacement plan for $24.  I have NEVER believed in getting those before, but i will from now on.

After 4 months my Elite got slow-turn.  Before i bought it i asked MS support what the warranty was and they told me 1 year (a-holes) so i didnt get an extended warranty.  bonehead move on my part.

Just because there are dedicated servers doesn't mean they are good servers.

The servers are fine, (Azure tech and hardware).  People's internet is bad and i'm sure 343's netcode is terrible too.

I have been thinking of getting one or the other, i was leaning towards scuff anyway but this pretty much confirms it.  Not sure i could deal with the high paddle sensitivity of the elite anyway.

The paddle sensitivity is fine.  The problem is that the paddles are too damn long.  I cut mine in half with a grinder and its money now.

4db28a16a7.png

People are morons.  Fire rate would increase spread on automatics in past games, but there was no fkn bloom on precision weapons.  they had the same accuracy all the time regardless of fire rate.  i want to slap those guys for saying that.

-Snip- Who do I tag about this? I would love to see HCS/ESL work on it. @@TheSimms

Timing is one thing we do have to be aware of, we can't drag the pro league on too long as we need to move on with the next set of games, but that doesn't mean we will rush them and grab a poor interview. I totally agree on the personalities and players - more unknown/less known faces rather than the usual ones we will 100% try to do but certain players aren't good on camera/don't like it/not comfortable so I'd never put a player in that position if they where against it.

Feel free to email me Jake (or anyone else for that matter) on [email protected] if you have any ideas on how we spruce up the post game interviews and get the most out of them/the players or ideas off stuff you'd like to see :) Will happily share to all the talent team as I have done with @@Infinity 's casting feedback in the past.

• Upvote (+1) 1

we need chaosTheory.

I swear he has an account here maybe we can summon him @@chaosTheory

If it's the guy I'm thinking of his Reddit handle is u/halo_ct and he plays a lot of destiny now, regularly posts in the competitive destiny subreddit r/crucibleplaybook